Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a stressor too. Interesting thread and bodes well for what I see amoungst my friends / family...

Eek, I'll have to try and change my personality to get my pinky!
    Last edited by Peppermint; November 22nd, 2013 at 01:38 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love thus thread
    I agree with you when ppl I no are pregnant I generally guess what they are having based on thier personality
    I am def very outspoken confident moody ect
    But I am more "girly" than my sister but she is more shy def not a strong confident person ( she has 2 girls) so I think it's the personality for sure
    2003 2005 2007

After my 3 angel babies I'm just for a healthy send me

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is a little scary because I have two boys and have a very hard time keeping myself under control. I get annoyed very easily, yell a lot and I've even been told I sound angry all the time. Sigh, I really hope these are all just coincidences.
    Praying for a 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boymaker View Post
    This thread is a little scary because I have two boys and have a very hard time keeping myself under control. I get annoyed very easily, yell a lot and I've even been told I sound angry all the time. Sigh, I really hope these are all just coincidences.
    Yes - this often sounds like me. I get annoyed easily and really have to try hard to not yell. And go figure, I just found out we are having boy #3...
    2007 2009
    Newest little dude due May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it can be A factor, not a cut-and-dried factor, since there are so many other things at work in the body that we just can't measure or see. It's almost impossible to fete out one single thing and say "this causes that." For anything really. But there are some trends that seem pretty prevalent. And I do think this personality/hormone/birth order can have an effect.

My two oldest aunts on each side (oldest children period) both have more boys than girls (one had three boys, one had two boys and a girl). I have two boys and am expecting a girl. I conceived my girl when I was breastfeeding, which clearly has a a hormonal effect. And I am definitely classified as aggressive, independent, and feisty. It is probably what people would use to describe me on the whole. And my mom too, who also has two boys and a girl.

A good friend of mine is also a high-test Italian lady. She is the older of two girls. Her sister is so sweet and laid back. Both are similar in weight, similar in appearance, and eat basically the same stuff. One smokes (my friend) and her sister doesn't. Both had BC oopsie babies as their first. My friend...boy. Her sister...girl. My friend went on to have a second boy. It does seem kinda funny how they totally followed the trends on that one.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so glad that so many women find the thread interesting because i personally find it so interesting myself. Ps i am a mother of two boys so if i insulted anyone well i might as well be insulting myself - either way, my apologies. I honestly just feel that the LE diet makes so much sense when you think about what it does to your body in terms of biology but also in terms of character. Really what does eating less do for me? It makes me a lot more subdued, weaker and therefore calmer, i don't have as much energy to run around creating fuss and worry. The more you eat, the more energy you give yourself especially if you are a typical boy eater type (small meals and snacks all throughout the day). So i do think the diet and personality are connected to some degree, if you choose look at it in that way.

The whole idea of swaying makes sense to me because i am a typical woman governed by my hormones. I get extremely bad PMS and the week before my period my hormones rage as if i was pregnant. I suffer from this alot and am constantly looking for solutions to help. Not surprisingly, all the classic "girly tips" (pepperment tea, progesterone cream, anti-deps, lavender, eating less, crystals, light cardio etc) seem to naturally aid this natural state of imbalance i find. I don't just regard them as a means of TTC girl for me, but they actually all work wonders for my lifestyle in general. It makes sense that more girls are conceived in the summer and more boys because people naturally tend to eat less in the summer and get hungrier in winter months. Sometimes i wonder whether having 2 boys (whom i love to utter bits) has actually helped me in some ways to reflect on my own lifestyle and natural approach to life in general and has almost been a mirror for me to take a step back and review how i can attempt to deal with situations in better ways. My husband's constantly telling me to calm down and not worry so much about things that haven't happened and maybe just maybe for this once, he just might be right

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    to me, it also partly comes down to where does personality end and hormones begin? hormones will have some influence, but some character traits could look like they are caused by hormones when they're not too

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345