Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from an American in the UK! :) Hope to someday sway for a girl!

My husband and I have only just had our first, a son, last year. He is 14 months old right now. Recently, we've been getting that itch again--you all know it. When you see a newborn and you feel really emotional just looking at them, everything baby-related just push all your buttons! Thankfully it's not just me and my husband has the same feeling. We'll probably try when we can. I am breastfeeding so not yet because I haven't even had my period still! I am wanting my son to wean on his own but I do know that if my cycle returns sometime this year and if we decide to go ahead and start the process, that will no doubt affect my supply, anyway. But, I digress...

I have three brothers and my husband has two brothers. His mother was always resentful and bitter she never had a daughter. We knew our first would be a boy, as well, which we were happy and fine with. But we did make it officially clear by finding out on an ultrasound because his mother was constantly saying, "And hopefully it's a girl!" and there was NO WAY I was going to listen to that my entire pregnancy. Ugh.

Anyway--I had a feeling there was more to sperm-meets-egg then there seems, and I didn't ever fully believe that some people just have girls or boys. I knew there might be something more to it than that. My grandmother had four girls. All of her daughters went on to have a total of 9 boys and 2 girls (me included in the 2! My only girl cousin is four months younger than me so we're practically like sisters.)

So, just nearly buying one of those books about it to look into it, I read in a review of the book that "you can find plenty of online forums and websites with the stuff that is in this book for free."
    I thought, "Oh. Well, duh!" so did not buy it. I started by finding Ingender and read through it all, my mind melting/being blown simultaneously, but I was getting very annoyed by the constant errors and I was never even approved to post, anyway. I saw this place mentioned--and here I am! Phew! Good thing, I am bursting with questions! (Okay, not too many... maybe...)

My husband is on board--to a degree. He refuses, period, to give up coffee/tea. He said he MIGHT be okay doing just tea and no coffee (black tea.) He works 12 hour shifts 4 days in a row... so you can see why the thought of giving up his coffees and tea freak him out. But he's happy to take the supplements and mostly eat the diet (though if we ever visit his mother, who is recently widowed, for meals, her being very traditionally British, that could make meal-times awkward...)

On top of that, we're both vegetarian. I have a feeling the diet will be strangely unvaried, but I'm a stubborn girl... I can do it.

Anyway, rambling aside...

The reason we want to try to sway for a girl is because we don't really want 4 kids. We may have 3 tops, but definitely two. We figure if we try this now, we may be able to find our balance sooner than later... and I am so glad to have stumbled across this now.

Well, that's us in a nutshell!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! I truely hope that your sway works out for you so that no matter how many kids you have, you never have to stress over the GD. GL! xo

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!
    You'll find so many info here and great support!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Best wishes with your girl sway!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! Welcome!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, and GL with your sway. You can have plenty of pink dust from me !
    2005, swayed for boy, arrived 25/11/2011

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi and welcome! I LOVE questions so ask away!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    hi and welcome! I LOVE questions so ask away!!

Oh, I'm sure I will be asking plenty! Mainly because my head is so full of info now that I keep finding myself, even while sitting at work, thinking about whether or not a cut off is better, whether or not I really *understand* how to do a cut off, whether or not we should go frequently with a cut off, whether my husband's coffee intake or tea intake will make trying to sway pointless, trying to think of "meal" ideas for two vegetarians that are only the foods that are ideal, etcetera... heh. There is a lot! I've even been thinking lately if this will make it take a very long time for me to conceive once we do finally do this, or if I have to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of several miscarriages. My first two pregnancies ended in miscarriage (7 weeks and 6 weeks), though I got pregnant both those times the first month trying. My son was conceived immediately after the second miscarriage, so I never got my period back (in fact we weren't trying again yet and I was starting to get very annoyed my period hadn't returned as I just wanted to "start over" after my yet again second miscarriage... only not realizing my cycle hadn't returned yet because I got pregnant!)

Obviously it won't be a while as I am still waiting for my period to come back due to breastfeeding, and I'd like to watch my cycle for some months to see whether it goes back to regular or not when it does return, and then I'd like to start the diet a couple months before to give my body time.
    So not sure what/when this will happen, but I'm figuring out the plan now and trying to learn as much as I can!

My husband was half-asleep a few weeks ago while I was nursing my son in the morning, and he shocked himself as he nearly mumbled, "Don't forget to feed his little sister!" Man, wonder what THAT means? :P
    Last edited by suregena; April 3rd, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi hun and welcome good luck with your pink swaying im not far from you down the road in hx xxxxxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast