Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie here from the UK TTC a girl to join our lovely family :)

Hi Everyone,
    I've been one of those lurkers on here for a few months but finally think I should introduce myself and get in the mix as have just started my LE diet in preparation for ttc a baby girl in the new year. I have just turned 30, have a wonderful husband who is soon to be 33 and I'm mum to a beautiful boy called Blake who is 18months old.
    Even though he was my first child, I did have a bit of gender dissappointment with Blake when we found out-obviously now I wouldn't change a thing and am just happy he's healthy and lovely but I just had always imagined myself with a little girl, having a lovely close relationship with her like I've always had with my mum. My hubby, while brilliant, didn't really see himself married with any children but he is a fab daddy and dotes on Blake. After much persuasion, he has agreed to one more child-he feels that financially we couldn't afford anymore and I do agree as I love being a SAHM. He's wanted a little girl since we fell pregnant before as no one else in our generation in either of our families has had a girl yet! He's agreed to trying to sway although I don't see him totally giving up red meat-especially if we are still trying by bbq season
    Having read the diets I cna totally see why we had a baby boy-took loads of prenatal vitamins, eat breakfast religiously, ate red meat lots and quite high nutrient foods. We didn't use timing to get pregnant before as hubby was working away mon-fri at the time as it would have driven me insane to chart at the time. Always ate wholegrain bread and loads of eggs, no diet drinks and avocados.
    I tend towards the slightly obsessive side of things so in order to keep my testosterone down,I'm doing quite a mellow yellow sway and trying to keep the passion and fun side of making babies alive.
    I'll post my sway up for review in the other section soon but generally I'm only taking folic acid, drinking more diet drinks and aspartame, skipping breakfast, eating much less meat and mostly chicken or shrimp if I'm having a cheat. Hubby is happier with frequent release but says he's willing to try abstinance to see if he can if it'll help. I drink peppermint tea once every other day normally. One try at bd at first. I'm concentrating on low protein, low calories and low fat predominantly and trying to ignore timing. My cycle is a bit all over the place since coming off bcp 2 months ago so don't really want to do anything that I can only do for part of my cycle as don't want to get it wrong.
    We've just moved to a new area with hubby's work so don't know anyone. He works nights so I spend most mornings with just Blake playing so also looking for some supportive friends. Also interested in chatting to anyone form the UK who knows some good alternatives to the meals suggested with USA only ingredients.
    As this is my last try for having a girl, am willing to add more to my sway but don't want to up my testosterone so anything that I can do without increasing the stress would be great.
    Thanks to everyone who has made this site so great and especially Atomic for doing all that research!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome hope you get your girl
    2006 2008 2010 : 2013
    2 angels
    Due Jan 2020

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi wildlauren. I thought I'd reply as I am a relative newbie from the UK too. My situtation is very similar to yours - but in reverse!! I am currently swaying blue and am on my first month ttc. I don't really have much advice, and am certainly no expert compared to some of the fab ladies on here, but I wanted to offer my support. I had my adorable dd in January, I had a pretty poor diet, loads of diet foods and never any breakfast, plus lots of long gaps between meals. Ate lots of ice cream, dairy and drank lots of diet drinks. Plus I was v active person, lots of cardio type exercise. Have always been very weight conscious hence my typical diet. I am eating loads at the moment on the blue diet and I feel very fat lol!

Anyway, good luck and I am sure you'll get loads of good advice on here

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and good luck!
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya and welcome aboard!

I live in the west Midlands not far from Wales and am TTC pink too =D

Hope you get your girl <3
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also a newbie from the UK, hoping to ttc pink next year! Good luck for your sticky pink bean! I think there are some uk food ideas in the ttc girl forum x x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone.I can't wait to properly start trying now! i'm giving myse slf Christmas day off the diet though as I know sitting there watching hubby tuck into roast beef without me would not lower my stress levels back on from boxing day though and not actually trying till new year so am sure that'll be ok x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraLou View Post
    Hi wildlauren. I thought I'd reply as I am a relative newbie from the UK too. My situtation is very similar to yours - but in reverse!! I am currently swaying blue and am on my first month ttc. I don't really have much advice, and am certainly no expert compared to some of the fab ladies on here, but I wanted to offer my support. I had my adorable dd in January, I had a pretty poor diet, loads of diet foods and never any breakfast, plus lots of long gaps between meals. Ate lots of ice cream, dairy and drank lots of diet drinks. Plus I was v active person, lots of cardio type exercise. Have always been very weight conscious hence my typical diet. I am eating loads at the moment on the blue diet and I feel very fat lol!

Anyway, good luck and I am sure you'll get loads of good advice on here
    Well I got my boy whilst eating a very typical blue friendly diet-ate breakfast without fail, lots of meat at every meal, not especially high in fat but some protein with every lunch and dinner meal, no diet drinks and lots of prenatal vitamins. Here's hoping we both get our wishes, good luck with the diet, I took those pregnacare pre conception pills for three months leading up to ttc my boy btw-might be worth a try

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Kittybear,
    Thanks-yes I found a great thread for uk ladies going for pink called something like Uk ladies-let's help each other out. I did a search for it and found it-got loads of great tips on there for breads, cheeses etc that you can find in tescos. I'm not concentrating on salt but more on the low fat, low calories and low protein as I think I'd drive myself crazy watching everything. Have you started a diet yet? found any tasty meal ideas? I find I'm surviving on low fat mozzerella on low salt bread with mushrooms and a handful of capers for flavour-really tasty and keeps me sane after a long morning of no food. Also tesco light choices soups are really nice and I would much rather have soup over a salad in this weather!
    Good luck xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast