Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Random things that confuse me about TTC pink

Hi Ladies,

I have a few queries i am unsure about all to do with swaying pink and i was hoping any experts out there, even atomic, could shed some light on the questions:

1. Does skipping breakfast mean skipping tea/coffee as well? Or does that not count? Also does this relate to the time you woke up? For example 7am on a weekday means i can have a late bowl of strawberries by 12pm but waking up later on weekends means i should just hold off until lunch?

2. How can you get most of your calories from carbs when you are trying to lose weight? Carbs make you gain weight and also make you extra hungry?

Also, is Quinoa a carb or protein and how where does it stand as a regular staple food for TTC pink?

3. What does Licorice Root actually do to DH's body to sway pink? In other words, how can i talk DH into taking it in the first place?

4. When DH abstains, is it best to DTD starting CD10 and all way through O? Or is it best to abstain and DTD only once during O+12?

5. Are green salads on a regular basis ok or not when TTC pink? Magnesium seems to be a plus but other nutrients are a no-no?

6. If we are trying to decrease fertility to sway pink, that means you have less chance of falling pregnant on days too far away off O day. However if you DTD too close to O day, you increase your chances of boy territory (both mine conceived on O day) so it's kind of a catch 22 right?

Well, that's all i can think of for now. Hope some clever ladies out there can help sort out my confusion....

Thank you

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you found some answers...a great resource is the Gender Swaying forums and Atomic's essays, the TTC library has lots of links...good luck, I am a girl making pro so I hope to change that in the near future!!

My Gender Dreaming

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can try and answer a few:
    1. Skipping a meal just means keeping your blood sugar low for a stretch...as long as you can hold out basically. If you must have coffee, skip the milk and sugar, you can have artificial sweeteners (which don't raise blood sugar).
    2. You're going for low nutrient on the LE diet. In a nutshell, carbs have very few nutrients. Although many lose weight on the LE diet, its because of the low caloric intake.
    Like Adia says...you should head over to the TTC a Girl library and start reading!

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-library.html
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies )

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I don't always see stuff posted in this forum so when in doubt, post in the sway forum.

1)No, you can have coffee and tea in the morning. Some people who've wanted to be uberstrict, don't. But I did as have several others who got DDs so it just can't be swaying very much if at all.

2)1500-1800 calories a day will make ya lose weight, period (exceptions are people with PCOS or insulin resistance and they shouldn't do the higher carb version of the LE Diet anyway). The vast majority of people actually HAVE to eat a lot of carbs to keep the weight on. They do make you hungry though, you have to be tough when it comes to cravings, but at the same time your body adjusts to it over time. Sugarfree gum can help.

Quinoa is a carb, but it has a lot of protein in it - which can be good or bad, depending on what else you have going on in your diet. It's allowed on LE Diet, has a lot of potassium in it if that is concerning to you. (PS - if you have some recipes, share em!! A lot of people could use them and I've never cooked with it.)

3)LR is not great for DH, just giving it to you straight here. It's our most dangerous supp. It lowers testosterone, which in turn negatively affects sperm count and quality. If you're trying to convince him, it can help with prostate problems, hair loss, acid reflux/ulcers, and can put some guys into calmer moods.

4)Abstain is best with just one attempt, but there is a thread of options with abstain for those who dont' want to do just one attempt, here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ff-o-12-a.html

5)Green salads are 100% allowed and in fact are unlimited on LE Diet. You can literally eat as much as you want of them. You would have to eat a mountain of arugula the size of Everest to get anywhere near the amount of nutrients in a Big Mac, fries and a chocolate shake. Short and easy version of LE Diet is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html

6)It's not a trade off at all because timing doesn't sway. You got your boys on O, I got mine with cutoffs, it's all just random luck and the reasons why we got boys are totally unrelated to any magic principle of when we DTD. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html We've been having good luck with DTD the night before O and even on O day. I got my girl late at night the day before O (classic Shettles boy timing). DTD with cutoff and swaying is a recipe for BFN and the longer you go not getting pg, the more likely it is that you start to drop things that actually sway like diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. You never let us down with your answers! How do i get on the sway Forum? It doesn't give me an option to post there....i'll try again hopefully i figure it out.

Yes i love quinoa and have a yummy recipe that includes mint, corriander, lemon/lime, pomegranete and pine nuts. I could eat it every day but not sure how it sways. Also quite filling in small quantities. Glad to hear greens are allowed cos i could also eat mountains of spinach and arugula.

Sorry if this question is stupid but how do you keep track of calorie counting? I've never done it really.

So glad tea/coffee is allowed!!! I think i'd die otherwise.

Thank you again