Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Egg donation - where to go?

Hello, I have 2 gorgeous boys but would also love to have a daughter. My sons were conceived easily so although I am 37 I assumed I was quite fertile and PGD would be an option. But I have since found I have very low AMH so I am thinking of egg donation. Any advice on where to go? I live in east Africa so I would need to travel. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Lizzie,

I think the closest to you would be Genesis clinic in Cyprus, quite a few have used them for egg donation with some good success. The good about Genesis is they do have a type of sperm sort that can help get more of the desired embryo sex. The bad is they use an older type of testing called FISH, which is very reliable for sex, but doesn't test all chromosomes, so you could transfer something that isn't chromosomally normal, which may mean you have to come back for future frozen transfers or cycles.

The next would be a US clinic (a lot who travel use HRC in California), if your finances can get you there, it would be the safest choice, but it costs a lot more to get a US donor. The testing they do in the US is a bit more comprehensive than Genesis so you know what you are transferring is fully tested and that helps since you have to travel you know what you are transferring is fully normal.

Good luck, joining as a dream member would be a good start, tons of girls are in there, there are cycle stickies you can follow (or go back and see how other cycles have gone) and more will respond to you in the private forums.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard there are clinics in South Africa. Try going on www.fertilityfriends.uk forum, if you aren't already, for more info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    South Africa no longer does PGD, it became illegal about half way through last year

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for this feedback. How do I become a dream member??

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The banner at the top left or clicking on Memberships and Plans on the navigation bar.

I think you are able to see much more detail about US donors than Genesis. Other posters have said you get very little info at Genesis. In the US you get everything other than name including baby pictures.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're right, you don't get alot of info from genesis, but if you push you can get more. South Africa has alot of donor agencies, some of which are willing to send their donors over seas. We almost booked a south african lady to go to Genesis for us but at the last minute Genesis finally provided me with a donor I was happy with.
    PM me for details if you like.
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it possible to do both egg and sperm donation (embryodonation) in HRC? I could not find that information on their homepage. Is there anyone who knows the best clinic for a embryo donation?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Egg donation at Genesis is less than half the cost at HRC and very easy to sort, but then success rates with DE cycles are obviously a lot less than those at HRC and they also don't seem to have much success with FETs, certainly not on this forum.

I'm lucky and currently 18 weeks pg after a tandem (DE/my eggs) cycle at Genesis and was very happy with my donor and got lots of info about her. If money/travelling to California is not a problem though then I think I'd go with HRC, but make sure you choose a proven donor. If you'd like any more detailed info about Genesis, do PM me. Good luck xx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like I said on the other thread, we have some success stories using DE at Genesis. You have said money is an issue so the US probably isn't an option.

Much more info in the member section.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast