Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Baby Boy IVF PDG

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site as I would like to gather practical information regarding IVF and PDG for family balancing. I've been looking at going to a clinic in Cyprus - Genesis. Information regarding this clinic online seems to be good though just want to do my homework and check out the facility from all perspectives.

I would love to hear about anyone else particularly those who either live in the UK and have undergone IVF/PDG in another country (i.e. where you went, rating of the clinic, costs, practical information you could share etc) and/or those who have or are receiving treatment in Cyprus particularly, at this time for the Genesis clinic in Limasol.

I am keen to receive the treatment asap as I am in my mid-30's.

Thanks

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. We have lots of info in our member section including 2012's cycle statistics for them with cyclers on here. They have not had much success there at all.

I don't know if it is just bad luck or the clinic's practices but you should plan for multiple attempts.

With the exchange rate being what it is can you consider a clinic located in New York? The success rates for some of the good clinics there are 50-60%. Genesis with Savvas is less than 10% currently.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How can that be the case as I have read a thread where a member said that 'Lotte', 'fiveboysandagirl', 'stargazer', 'creabea' and 'Petal' all got pregnant at Genesis in Limasol, Cyprus?

Also the exchange rate of GBP to US$ is at an all time low i.e. a very poor exchange rate compared to a few years ago when £1 would give you nearly $2 where right now you bearly get $1.40 for each pound.

Also were did you get the figure of 10% as I haven't seen any established figures?

Sorry if I seem a bit sceptical of your comments but it just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by star123; March 28th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lotte and petal did not get pregnant there. I have no idea who creabea is.

The other two did- one and 2011 and one in 2012.

The numbers are in the member section. You must become a member and then you do not have to take my word- you may see for yourself.

The summary for 2012 is-

28 BFN cycles and

1 gender opposite(wanted a girl but he put back a boy and she had him)

5 BFP's and one was the result of putting back both genders and she got pregnant with the one that she did not go there for, which was her choice but would have been a BFN had she tried for the gender she started with

Like I said, you don't have to take my word for it. Why have Cycle Stickies in the member section with all of their cycles logged in there.

Your data is not correct though on those cyclers.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; March 28th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi

Nuthinbutpink can you kindly advise which clinic you had your IVF/PGD at and how many attempts it took you to have your lovely boy?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

Thank you very much. I will now be looking in the USA though I can not find the details on this page with the list of clinics with SART data including summary of costs.

Could you help?