Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face 3 failed ivf for family balancing

Hi
    I introduced myself a while back.
    I have 2 beautiful boys, age 7 and almost 5.
    Saying I dream of a girl is an understatement. I lost my mom when I was 2, I have never experienced any side of a mother/daughter relationship, the longing for pink, and hair bows and dresses is indescribable. I never imagined I wouldn't have my own little girl....
    A year ago we made the decision to go with IVF with PGD to family balance. We have now had three failed IVF's and lost 5 female embryos and have none left, and said this was the last try. I am beyond heartbroken. I had no fertility issues with my boys so we all thought our chances of success were extremely high!
    We just found out today but i'm clearly in no place to decide whats next....
    we had talked adoption before ivf and even applied only to be told they stopped taking applications, just feels the universe is against me....
    Need to grieve and then soul search, do we play russian roulette? or maybe do one of these swaying plans? I would love to see stats of success....

Thanks for listening
    Chantel

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry

If you are going be okay with another boy then I think you should try and sway at least that way you know you did what you could...

Are you able to adopt from a different country?
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to take some time to soul search and see how I really feel about it all, of course I would love any baby, but it doesn't get to the core root of the big empty space in me.....I don't think financially we can do another country adoption....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so sorry--I would definitely sway if you are okay with a boy. I hope you figure it out and we are all here to help!
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So did you just do one fresh cycle and go back for frozen embryos? Or are they 3 full cycles?

How old are you? Where did you cycle?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm 32....cycled in Syracuse, NY....1st retrieval, 2 fresh transfers, then a frozen transfer with 2...took break, retrieval in April, low numbers, decided to to one more retrieve....6 embryos and only had 1 girl...transfered her...no go

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do your soul searching and then decide what's best for you... If you have another boy I'm guessing you will still have the emptiness

Is there a foster adopt program where you are?
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We haven't talked about fostering recently but hubby didn't feel he could do it, thought he'd be too attached and I worry about the boys getting attached too....my 5 yr old was convinced mommy was having a baby girl this time....there was so much karma around this cycle it wasn't even funny, feeling numb

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nurse2003, where did you cycle in Syracuse?
    March 17, 2011 Mommy to my handsome son
    May 22, 2014 Mommy to my beautiful daughter

Dreams can come true!!
    Swayed for a girl using Clomid and it worked!

I wanted to thank Atomic & GD for being so supportive & guiding me via emails daily through my sway! I could of not of done it without you Atomic!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!! Thank you so much!!

10. Likes adi liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I´m so sorry nurse2003, If you decide to sway for a girl, then you need to be ready to have a babyboy. I did sway for a girl with my second child and it didn´t work for me. So now Im gonna try ht. I hope you find your way and a peace of mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast