Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Travel overseas for embryo creation and storage

Hi,
    I am a 38 year old single woman from Sydney Australia. I am looking to create female embryos to be frozen for use in a few years time utilising my own eggs and donor sperm. Gender selection for non medical reasons is illegal in Australia, and even obtaining donor sperm can be difficult due to certain legislative requirements, sperm selection is further complicated in my case as I carry the gene for SLOS. I am considering travelling overseas for the procedure, possibly Thailand or Mexico but I am rather nervous about this, including the idea of organising sperm transport etc. I have heard about people having sperm delivered to Mexico but an agent from an organisation that arranges overseas fertility treatment told me that this is not possible as it would be stopped at the border. If anyone out there has any advice or suggestions I would be most grateful.
    Many thanks,
    Essie
    P.S. forgive me if I have already posted this, I thought I had but I cannot find it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I recommend you have a consultation with Dr Potter. He works at HRC in California.

He is actually in Australia now & has a seminar in Sydney on Monday you should absolutely go to.

The link to his website is http://www.havingbabies.com/blog-lis...-in-australia/

Best of luck & well done on taking this step.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Here is the link to the article here about getting some info-

Made in California- Gender Selection Seminars in Australia » » The Gender Selection Source
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Vickyaust and Nothingbutpink,

Thank you both so much for the links you sent, I have now booked my place in Dr Potter's seminar. Thank you also Vicky for your words of encouragement.

All the best to you both,
    Cheers,
    Essie.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you enjoy the seminar. Let us know how it goes.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ladies,
    The seminar was great, thanks again, I feel as though a whole new world has been opened up to me. Dr Potter's success rates were very impressive. I had completely ruled America out because of the costs involved but from what I could ascertain last nigth, the cost of actual tratment does not seem to be that much greater than the cost of treatment in Australia.
    Cheers,
    Essie