Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vickyaust View Post
    Hi & welcome. I am also from Melbourne & a Dr Potter pt.

I was breastfeeding & asked him on this site if I could do pre testing. He suggested I only test after fully stopping BFing and having 2 cycles.

I love BFing but am so glad I stopped as soon as he said. My HT journey took me 3 cycles to get pregnant, and time is important as we get to our late thirties.

Best of luck to you.
    Thanks for the information. Dr Potter did tell me I would need to have 2cycles before I start I just wasn't sure about pretesting.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumof3girls View Post
    Thanks for the information. Dr Potter did tell me I would need to have 2cycles before I start I just wasn't sure about pretesting.
    He meant before pretesting- that is the start. If your pretesting is poor, you will have to pay for more Meds and may not qualify for any multi-cycle packages. There's no upside to doing your pretesting early.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks nuthinbutpink. The more I read on this forum the more I am learning.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally getting the ball rolling with pre test. I have never looked forward to AF as muh as now!
    DW 38
    DH 37

1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14

7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi & welcome!

I also swayed with my 3rd dd, I guess its just not meant to be for some of us, Im ok with it now & we're done, your 3rd is still young maybe give it some more time!

Gd is a terrible demon, I wish you all the very best & I agree with going HT if you definitely want a little boy!
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumof3girls View Post
    Thanks to everyone's well wishes. I have managed to talk hubby into it and we are trying to work out when to make our trip to US. I am still breast feeding and will need to wait a bit longer. I am just wondering if I should have a consultation now or if I should wait until I have finished breast feeding. I am eager to get organised because I don't want to leave a big gap between my last two kids and there will be about a two year gap if we can do it by the end of this year.
    Hi i have a daughter and am nearly 6 months pregnant with my second girl. I am still working through my GD as I have only
    recently found out I'm having another girl. I thank God that I have found this site as everyone is lovely and so understanding. The support network is amazing.

I too am looking at the HT route for next time as I desperately want a son. My husband isn't too happy as we had originally planned on having 2 children. I'm sure he thinks I'm a freak but finding this site and seeing so many other women in this same situation has been refreshing and is helping me to realise that I'm not a freak, I'm just being honest.

In regards to getting hubby on board for HT, do you have any tips? I told hubby about it and he said he would never do it as it's "not natural". He thinks if we were meant to get a son we would have. He is not keen for a third child but said he would consider it but only if we try the natural way. There is no way in the world I could risk another girl as like you I only want another child if I can be assured of getting a son. I would love to go with Dr Potter as I feel he would be my best chance of achieving my dream. Any tips for talking the hubby around would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband was the same, with the 'not natural' bit, but he soon got over it. Come in the dream member threads, more people will reply there as it is private. Good luck!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    My husband was the same, with the 'not natural' bit, but he soon got over it. Come in the dream member threads, more people will reply there as it is private. Good luck!
    Thanks so much Glory for your reply. Sorry for my ignorance, I'm only new here but when you say post in dream member threads do you mean this

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/foru...-private-forum

Which section? Not sure if I should post in international or the one above?
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Post in the link that you have there, click on international or the HT section is fine, just a lot of HT girls won't post on the open boards

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcometrue View Post
    Hi i have a daughter and am nearly 6 months pregnant with my second girl. I am still working through my GD as I have only
    recently found out I'm having another girl. I thank God that I have found this site as everyone is lovely and so understanding. The support network is amazing.

I too am looking at the HT route for next time as I desperately want a son. My husband isn't too happy as we had originally planned on having 2 children. I'm sure he thinks I'm a freak but finding this site and seeing so many other women in this same situation has been refreshing and is helping me to realise that I'm not a freak, I'm just being honest.

In regards to getting hubby on board for HT, do you have any tips? I told hubby about it and he said he would never do it as it's "not natural". He thinks if we were meant to get a son we would have. He is not keen for a third child but said he would consider it but only if we try the natural way. There is no way in the world I could risk another girl as like you I only want another child if I can be assured of getting a son. I would love to go with Dr Potter as I feel he would be my best chance of achieving my dream. Any tips for talking the hubby around would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance
    Hello and welcome. I know how you feel my hubby only wanted two kids and I always wanted three. It took me five years to talk him into swaying and even had a little look at HT but we thought if we did all the right things for our sway we would get our boy.

Well I did a lot of crying and begged him to think about it and to not give me an answer right away. I also showed him the two 60 min episodes with Jodi McMahon( from NSW). I went onto Dr Potters website and funily he was doing a seminar in two days time in Melbourne and he asked me if I wanted to go and get more information about HT. (What timming it was meant to be)

He told me to think about it and if I still wanted another baby in 6 months time he would agree but he saw me on this forum every night and I told him I would not give up and he finally agreed and my GD was not so bad because I knew I had another chance.

If you become a GD member for $12 you get a free consultation with Dr Potter. (There is a form to fill out in the HT section)
    Also you get $1000 off your cycle.

I also spoke to Dr Potter at the seminar and he told me I had to have two periods after i finished breasfeeding before I could have my pre test otherwise you get inaccurate results.

Good Luck and all the best!
    DW 38
    DH 37

1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14