Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice on choosing clinic

Hi guys,

I am going in soon for my third IVF. My first 2 IVF gave me 2 beautiful girls and now we are trying to do IVF/PGD for a boy. I am new to the Maryland area and have come across 2 centers that i have heard about: (1) Shady Grove and (2) Genetics and IVF Institute. I spoke with them both, and Shady Grove does not offer PGD for family balancing. However, I do not want to rule Shady Grove out just because of that. I want to go to a clinic that is reputable. Does anyone have stories to share or any advice as to which one of these centers to choose?

Thanks

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, Shady Grove is not an option! You have to rule them out!! They will not tell you the gender of your embryos.

GIVF offers it but they are very expensive and their success rates are not that great. Lower than the national average. There are several around you that do offer GS.

The best clinic in VA based on SART success rates that offers GS is Richmond Center for Fertility followed by Fertility Institutes of Virginia. Both over 50% live birth rate for the under 35 age group.

Why did you need IVF to have a baby? Is it an egg issue or something else?

No other clinic in MD offers GS unfortunately.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have endometriosis and my husband also has fertility issues so my Dr. had advised us to do IVF with ICSI. This time we figured we'd try PGD for a chance at a boy. The 2 clinics you mentioned in VA are 2-3 hours away....do you know any closer like in DE or PA that has good rating? Any info will be very appreciated. THanks!