Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face SUPER FRESH NEWBIE 4DD, TTC DS

Hello EVERYONE
    I find myself here after 4DD; All of which I am thankful to high heaven for BUT...after dealing with GD alone for DD3 (not knowing my feelings were totally normal and shared by so many for very similar/very different reasons) I began seeking support through google searches like, "I can't believe I had another girl", and "I'm devastated I have no sons, is this normal?".
    I managed to overcome my disappointment by reading about the experiences of others. It helped me feel less alone and more relatable, since nobody in my life seems to have experienced the struggle with GD like I have (they all have either 1 child or a mixed gender family).
    DD4 came around and although my GD was stronger than before I was able to overcome it more quickly, or so I thought.

I find myself here today, sharing with you all because although I thought I had tamed the GD beast forever, my Sister (who has struggled with infertility the entire time DH and I have been creating our family) has finally conceived and although I am over the moon for her, when we found out she was having a DS; something I have always dreamed of since DD2, it became apparent my feelings were still as fresh (if not worse) as the day I started dreaming of having a DS.

THE DREAM HAS NOT DIED:
    My DH; the supporting loving man he is, wants more than anything to give me what I so badly desire...a DS.

I have come here to seek help and guidance with my GD as my sisters pregnancy progresses and as her DS enters our extended family (being the only DS born to my side of the family, I know this process will be a roller coaster so please bear with me)
    But I have also come here in an attempt to learn EVERYTHING I POSSIBLY CAN about swaying for a DS. My goal is to TTC around this time next year.

I invite you to join me in my quest. I could use all the support and most importantly GUIDANCE as we start the process of trying to sway for the DS of my dreams, as this will be my last chance/ "spot available to fill"
    Last edited by 4DD-DesperatelyDesireDS; October 2nd, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
    2004 2008 2010 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome 4DD, there are hundreds of ladies on here who share your desire, me included, although mines for a daughter :-)

Theres a wonderful lady on here called Atomic who has done TONS of research on swaying and even does personalised sway plans for you, they are having great success!!! have a look around the forum and you will find her!

Wishing you all the luck in the world in reaching your dream, your son :-) x

Cycle one, Genesis Feb 2013, 2xx BFN :-(
    Cycle two, Genesis June 2013, 3xx BFN :-(
    Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!
    12 week scan shows a beautiful baby, very happy!!!!!
    20 week scan all perfect and it really is a GIRL!!!

Our little daughter is finally here, safe and sound x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 4DD and Welcome!

I know how you feel, Ive been there, I was really hoping my 3rd was a son, she's 15mths now and I wouldn't change her for the world, but my desire for a boy is still with me, but we are not having anymore and Im ok with that.

And the part about your sister having a ds, I know how that feels cause my sister had a ds, that made me so jealous, but I no longer feel that way, I just say it wasn't meant to be.

The only thing I would suggest is if you can afford HT then at least you are pretty much guaranteed a boy or else I would get a plan from Gender Dreaming.

Heaps of luck & I really hope you get your little wee man!
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 4 DD

My husband and I swayed for our third DD, which did not work but we love her to bits and pieces and would not change it for anything. 3 was our number but I have felt the GD so badly that I have convinced DH into going down the HT path. It hit me the worst when my SIL's 2nd child was a boy after her first was a girl (Pigeon pair) don't get me wrong I am very happy for her and love both of her kids but the GD really kicked in even worse. I know she doesn't do it on purpose but she comes to my house and constantly calls him "my little man" or "oh my little boy" over and over and over again which gets me upset. I wish you all the luck with your sway and I have seen it work for lots of ladies on here and some not so lucky.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 4 DD

My husband and I swayed for our third DD, which did not work but we love her to bits and pieces and would not change it for anything. 3 was our number but I have felt the GD so badly that I have convinced DH into going down the HT path. It hit me the worst when my SIL's 2nd child was a boy after her first was a girl (Pigeon pair) don't get me wrong I am very happy for her and love both of her kids but the GD really kicked in even worse. I know she doesn't do it on purpose but she comes to my house and constantly calls him "my little man" or "oh my little boy" over and over and over again which gets me upset. I wish you all the luck with your sway and I have seen it work for lots of ladies on here and some not so lucky.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. I hope you find both the support and information you seek in the ladies on here. There is tons of both things on this site And I hope your "spot" gets filled by a wee blue man.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi 4dd,
    I have the same, and complete opposite dilemma to yours!!! I genuinely feel very blessed to have four adorable sons, three of which are triplets, yet forever feel there is something missing too and get v v upset every time a friend conceives/has a daughter that I have actually longed for before I ever got pregnant. You just expect you will have one of each don't you??! Anyway, I too am new to this site having taken 11 months off. We are now ready though to start ttc our princess in dec/jan. Here's hoping everything works out for us both, and everyone else out there who is in the same boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, you have come to the right place. Most of the women on here have struggled with GD so we know how you feel and are here to help My advice is if you can afford HT and are ok with the process than that is the way to go to guarantee you a boy. If HT is not an option for you than I would definitely purchased a personlised sway plan from Atomic who is awesome at what she does and insanely helpful. In the meantime there is tons of information on here in the boy swaying forums and if you can't find something ask questions, people love to help as much as they can.

2007 2008 2012