Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC a baby girl...Clomid 2 rounds, next Femara and injectibles

Hello all!

I am a mother of 3 beautiful boys, married this past May, trying for a babygirl to finish my family. My husband has no children and he really wants a daughter as well. I had a tubal reversal in September and was left with only one tube. My RE immediately started me on Clomid and I am on cycle 2, waiting to see if Thanksgiving blessed us with a pregnancy! I have stalked the site for about a month, learning as much as possible about swaying. Because I am on Clomid and have not yet been successful, I haven't tried all of the methods, simply focusing on getting pregnant. My RE has advised that if we were not successful this time, I will start with Femara and injections next round. Wishing you all the very best and the babies of your dreams! If anyone has been down the Clomid/Femara road, I would love to hear your story!

God Bless!

Me: 36 DH: 39
    16 13 7
    Newlywed-Married 7 months
    Trying for our princess!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi & welcome!
    Congratulations on your wedding & all the very best with ttc a baby Girl!
    DHME
    DD1-2003 DD2-2005 DD3-2012
    Our family is complete.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have PCOS and had trouble TTC #2. My RE started me on clomid and I fell pregnant once but miscarried at 7weeks. After 4 more rounds of clomid I did one cycle of femara alone and fell pregnant but again miscarried at 7weeks. We then started femara and gonal f and were successful on our second try. I am now 11w2d pregnant with twins .

Wishing you all the best on your journey, hopefully you'll get your pink BFP soon! If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Big Dreamer! It's been one of the most challenging and rewarding years of my life!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pumpkin2011 thank you for sharing your story! You give me hope! My boys were soooo easy to conceive so I wasn't expecting the challenge. With one tube my RE is wanting to be pretty aggressive, so I'm thankful. I would love to have twins since it will be safer for me to have one more pregnancy due to 2 c-sections. How would you compare Clomid and Femara? Side effects? I have had some SEs on Clomid (headache, bloating, cramping), but nothing too bad.

Again, thank you for sharing..I really appreciate it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had really bad side effects on clomid but only Headaches on femara. Femara worked way better for me, I produced more follicles on it than on clomid and O'd earlier than ever before .

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy New Year! Today is CD 5 and my third day on the Femara. So far all has gone well. I have migraines, so I'm used to dealing with headaches. I start my Follistim Sunday and have bloodwork and ultrasound on Tuesday, so I'm excited about that. Pumpkin2011, how is your pregnancy going? Did you sway and if so, what did you do? Have you found out the sex of the babies yet? I know my doc said that I will be high risk because of my age, 36, so they will do chromosome testing at 9 weeks and that I will be able to find out the gender then as well. What was your dosage protocol and dosage for Femara and Gonal-F?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy new year!!

I had headaches too on femara and I have heard of other ladies having this kind of side effect. I did take 7,5mg femara cd 3-7 and 100ui gonal f but I don't remember what cd I started it.

I am wishing you all the best, hopefully it will work for you right away.

I am having a very easy pregnancy so far, it looks like I am having b/g twins but I am not convinced yet. I have another scan on the 20th, hopefully I will know for sure then.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only had the sweats first two nights on Clomid. Second month I felt nothing and i never got a headaches: everyone is diff good luck to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    March 17, 2011 Mommy to my handsome son
    May 22, 2014 Mommy to my beautiful daughter

Dreams can come true!!
    Swayed for a girl using Clomid and it worked!

I wanted to thank Atomic & GD for being so supportive & guiding me via emails daily through my sway! I could of not of done it without you Atomic!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!! Thank you so much!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!! Sorry I missed this the first time through.

Just wanted to mention that a high dose of folic acid may help prevent chromosomal abnormalities for those of us over 35- 2000 mcg a day (break in to small doses and take several times a day) throughout the entire first trimester and then gradually wean off. If you ahve any history of chromosomal issues or neural tube defects you may want to bump this up to 4000

Personally, my 2c *unsolicited and unwanted LOL* that a doctor who is pressuring you into having testing done for no other reason than you are 36 years old - you might want to look into other options first such as Materniti21 or Harmony tests, or triplescreen with nuchal measurements. Invasive chromosomal tests such as amnio and CVS do carry with them risks and ~my personal opinion~ is that it's not enough to jsut be over 35 because most babies are perfectly normal and healthy even into the 40s. (I had my last three over the age of 36)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ