Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! New to thread and after some general advice :-)

Hi ladies! So was doing a bit of googling and stumbled across this fab site!

I have a 13 month old baby boy, who I absolutely adore, and this month hubby and I are trying for number 2! I'm super excited!

I didn't find out with number 1, but was convinced I was having a girl until two days before I went into labour. When Flynn was born I was super chuffed to have a boy first

We definitely want 3 kids, but as I am desperate for a girl at some point, I would love to have a little girl next, otherwise don't think I could handle the pressure on number 3. I dream about having a girl almost every night, but am trying to convince myself I'm not obsessed! ha!

My Mum has motor neurone disease and is in the end stages. I know that she would love to have a granddaughter and to see me have a daughter of my own. In the past few years our amazing relationship whilst still there is not what I imagined when I had my own children, she can't hug him or pick him up, only watch, but I always know having a daughter has kept her going longer, and I want that so badly for me for when she is no longer around.

I've done a bit of research so plan is as follows:
    I know I ovulate on day 13 (based on 6 months of OPKs all saying the same thing). Today is CD1 so plan to DTD on days 8/9/10
    Missionary position with hubs ejaculating close to entrance of cervix
    Keep checking vaginal acidity.. currently 4 which I believe is good?

Are there any foods that I can eat this month to help? The diet stuff is so confusing!! There is so muich info out there that I'm, struggling to assimilate it all.

I'd really appreciate any info anyone can give me, and good luck to all of you! xxx

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi flynns mummy, firstly congrats in finding this fab site. It contains all the info you could hope for but does take a while to get through and devise a plan. I purchased a plan which is a huge help but you are leaving it late to put things in place if you are hoping to ttc this month. There are supplement, diet and lifestyle changes which should be started weeks before your attempt. Good luck! X

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Well, timing doesn't sway. We do not follow Shettles and we believe that maternal condition and diet play the biggest role in swaying. I encourage you to check out our swaying forums to learn about our process. Welcome!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys!! I did start looking into diet earlier but what with christmas knew I would struggle to see it through!

nuthinbutpink I see you are doing a PGD round? I have spoken to my husband about this for number 3 if number 2 is another boy. Where are you doing it? xx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn's Mummy View Post
    Thanks guys!! I did start looking into diet earlier but what with christmas knew I would struggle to see it through!

nuthinbutpink I see you are doing a PGD round? I have spoken to my husband about this for number 3 if number 2 is another boy. Where are you doing it? xx
    I live in the US so I cycled there. He is already here! We have a lot of info in the Member section including access to the guide that is in my signature that walks you through the process and also speaks to costs.

If you live outside of the US, you will have to travel to do PGD for gender and based on where you are located, there are a few options other than the US.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

So sorry to hear about your mum, I just lost my father in law to motor neuron disease last year and it played a big part in my plans to have a daughter as well.

We do things a bit differently - such as we do not find that the science indicates timing swaying and you can read about that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html.

I also do not believe pH sways in any real reliable way either and you can read that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html

Diet can be confusing only because different diets are based on different theories about what sways. I promise that the diet info on this site does all hang together and make sense (and if it doesn't seem to, then ask, there's always an explanation) but it doesn't always mesh with stuff from other sources (and again, there is always an explanation about why that is.) Our LE Diet is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html and the LE Diet FAQ is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...-diet-faq.html

So now that you are thoroughly confused LOL, I'll tell you what we have gotten good results with:

LE Diet including fiber supplements but NOT acidophilus/probiotics

Exercise

Husband taking licorice root and Olive Leaf Extract

Sticking with one attempt, regardless of timing, and since the day before ovulation (day of positive OPK) has best odds of conception, we are having that one attempt on the day of positive OPK

This is where I would put my focus - the things that are actually working well and reliably for people. The rest of it, all the pH and frequency and hormonal supps, is just background noise and while a lot of them may sway a little bit, doing EVERYTHING will lower the odds of conception so far that it becomes super hard to get pregnant and you end up going on too long on restrictive diets, losing too much wieght, stopping ovulation, etc.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, very informative! It's clearly too late for me to do a proper sway, as we're trying this weekend! So just going to have to wish for the best, and try until 2 days before as wont get a chance the day before as work means we won't see each other! Hopefully we will still have success this month.

Fingers crossed :-) xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    gotcha! stick with one attempt if ya can and if you end up with BFN then stop back by and we can hammer a quickie sway out

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds great thank you! Why just stick with the one attempt? Is it meant to help? xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, we have been getting 75% success for pink regardless of frequency/timing. Something about the one attempt seems to be swaying pink, the reason why we can only guess at.