Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy New! Preparing to do a pink sway :)

Hi everyone I'm preparing to do a sway for a girl starting in April. My husband has been reading up on it also and we're both intrigued and looking forward to learning more. We have two boys who we adore and would be happy with a 3rd but we both have a strong desire for a daughter.

My sway is looking like this:
    - girl diet starting in March, reduced salt, no potatoes, tomatoes or bananas, increased dairy.
    - drink lots of crystal light, cranberry juice, milk, no coffee- I heard diet coke sways girl, is this true?
    - increase cardio in gym and take walks outside
    - use sylk for lube
    - test ph and keep at 4.5
    - dh will start wearing briefs in March
    - bding- try for o+12 but may just Dtd every day past o or every other day at least. Missionary or me on top. Won't elevate hips.
    - supplements: folic acid, Lydia Pinkham (af-o), cranberry, calcium, magnesium

I didn't sway for my boys, just tried to get pregnant, but after reading about swaying it was very boy friendly. I ate a lot of fast food, spaghetti/Italian food, lots of red meat cooked different ways, I very rarely eat dairy or artificial sugars. Drank lots of coffee. Took prenatals and folic acid. Dtd mostly every day until o or just before, "doggy style" and elevated my hips for at least 10 minutes. Didn't work out at all.

Looking forward to hanging out with you guys!
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! There are a lot of great ladiess who I know will chime in with helpful info!

Just my personal thoughts: if you have any weight you can lose you may want to do the diet longer before attempt. I think 90 days is getting the highest percentage of success. Be careful with dairy as it has a lot of fat and cals. The higher dairy intake is tied to the theory calcium sways, but there are other more proven theories that increased nutrients (including calcium) sway blue. That's why you also may want to stay away from the cranberry juice--lots of nutrients. Diet coke will do the same thing--acidifying yourCM-- without the added nutrients.

Cardio is tricky because if you don't do enough it may sway blue. Atomic advises 60+ minutes 6-7 times a week for about 8 weeks before your attempt, I believe. If you enjoy coffee I don't think there's any reason to cut it out, as there's nothing too definite on how caffeine sways. Coffee is also very useful in helping you skip breakfast, which is believed to help.

Aslso know that o+12 it's very difficult to I accomplish. I think the best way to sway pink is one attempt at +OPK which would really be the day before O, I think the latest stats showed a 75% success rate with that.

As with the sups, you may want to use baby aspirin instead if cranberry as it's cheaper, has no nutrients, and may help implantation.
    Last edited by carmella_marie; February 19th, 2014 at 03:11 PM.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Carmella_marie, thank you for your reply! I was wondering, are you suggesting no to cranberry juice but yes to diet coke (I never drink sodas)? I have also started drinking crystal light.

My last son was conceived on the day I got a + OPK. Do you think the diet will make a difference to sway girl, especially if I don't actually o until 12-36 hrs later?

I had heard about baby aspirin, but didn't know what it did. Thanks - I'll do that instead!
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya, I'd do diet coke instead of cranberry.

Studies are showing timing of intercourse doesn't seem to sway, but one attempt vs 2-3-4 in your fertile window seems to have a big impact. One attempt is at 75% and I think 3 or 4 attempts drops to like 48% success. So if you want to not try on +OPK that's fine but I'd encourage only one attempt per month.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok well that's interesting...we'll plan on doing that then. Would you recommend elevating hips or anything?
    praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome, I replied to your other thread and would like you to bump that so I can reply to it tomorrow as I'm just doing short q's right now.

Drop Lydia Pinkham, there is stuff in it that sways blue and also stuff hat is not safe when TTC. It is best for menopause and not TTC
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for replying, Atomic, I'll respond to you in the other thread. I'll drop Lydia Pinkham.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump!
    praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Abifasc View Post
    Carmella_marie, thank you for your reply! I was wondering, are you suggesting no to cranberry juice but yes to diet coke (I never drink sodas)? I have also started drinking crystal light.

My last son was conceived on the day I got a + OPK. Do you think the diet will make a difference to sway girl, especially if I don't actually o until 12-36 hrs later?

I had heard about baby aspirin, but didn't know what it did. Thanks - I'll do that instead!
    Cran juice is not as good as Diet Coke because cran juice has quite a bit of nutrients in it that may sway blue when ingested in excess.

We've been getting good results with one attempt at pos OPK for a girl. Timing doesn't sway, 50-50 boys and girls are conceived every day of cycle so it's totally possible to get a boy that day too if your overall lifestyle supports it.

Diet in and of itself does sway. No sway tactic is ever going to be 100% and they all do work together, but I think diet is the linchpin upon which everything else rests.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Abifasc View Post
    Oh ok well that's interesting...we'll plan on doing that then. Would you recommend elevating hips or anything?
    No need to prop hips, what most people are doing is either an immediate jump and dump (get up and wipe away excess semen) or else after 5 min. (this is probably best with one attempt to up odds of conception just a bit, but totally your call to make._

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast