Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New and feeling guilty and overwhelmed

Hi everyone, I'm just after joining and wanted to say hi. I'm hopper from Ireland, married to a wonderful man who would give me the world if he possibly could and mom to two absolutely beautiful and precious baby boys who I love beyond measure.

A little back story: My DH and I met in 2002 and from very early on we knew we wanted kids. Timing was never quite right and we eventually got engaged in February 2009 setting the date for May 2011. I came off birth control in March 2010 and spent over a year tracking my cycle using OPKs to be prepared for TTC to commence on honeymoon. We conceived DS1 while in Las Vegas but decided to not find out the gender. I suffered very badly with hyperemesis for over 20 weeks and as a result everyone, and their mother told me I was 100% having a girl as supposedly sickness automatically meant girl! I was so convinced that we were team pink that I never even considered boy names!! After a wonderful labour numbed by the epidural, which I had not wanted to have but needs must, out popped our gorgeous boy. I was so surprised, it really overshadowed the magical moment for me. I loved my baby immediately but the baby that had been inside me had been a girl in my mind so it took a while to reconcile the two. Anyway at 6 months post partum I was diagnosed with post natal anxiety, my doctor treated me on 5mg of Lexapro for 6 months, I felt a million times better almost immediately. After a lot of talking and soul searching I realised it had been the shock of having a boy along with the disappointment in having the epidural therefore not having the natural birth I wanted. Also he was a terrible sleeper waking every hour on the hour for months and months so sleep deprivation didn't make things any easier to deal with.
    I had never went back on birth control after DS1 and had been tracking my cycle again with OPKs since May 2012. We brought DS1 to Disney World in May 2013 and started TTC #2. I had spent a while looking at pink sways on IG but not in much detail. We decided to try the SMEP, starting on day 6 as my cycles had been consistently irregular post partum. We conceived immediately and at 6 weeks the hyperemesis started again. Up to then I had remained optimistic that we could be having a girl but once the sickness kicked in I knew chances were slim. DH did not want a gender scan but I needed to know the gender after the surprise on DS1 so at 19 weeks it was confirmed we were having our second son. The sickness was a lot worse this time but only lasted til 16 weeks. I had a much happier pregnancy in general and when my labour started in February I was much more mentally prepared. My waters broke and pains started within 5 minutes, our second boy was born less than an hour later with no pain relief whatsoever. It was magical (I do realise that it might sound crazy to describe such pain as being magical but there ya go!) DS2 is the happiest little man, sleeping great and just so relaxed, I love both of my children so much and am so blessed to have them in my life.
    And thats where the guilt comes in....I feel sick to my stomach most days with the horrible guilt I feel at my NEED for a little girl DH has been saying he would be happy to be finished now as he knows how hard pregnancy is for me with hyperemesis and it makes me so upset. During the week I told my sister how I feel and she made me feel like I don't love my boys and I'm not grateful for what I have. Which made me worse! Then yesterday I had a meltdown and cried inconsolably for over an hour. DH didn't realise the extent of my feelings and was as understanding as he could be. We decided to revisit the topic of TTC late this year/early next year and in the hopes of being proactive I joined here. I have read a little bit but its so overwhelming I am lost and don't know what to do first. Does anyone have any advice or can steer me in the right direction? Is there anything I can start doing so far in advance of starting a pink sway? I was looking at ordering ph strips online first.
    If you've made it to the end of this essay thanks for reading! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and eventually starting my sway
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! Thanks for sharing such an honest, open and beautiful story of your life. You really have found the best place for not only advice and support with swaying but also understanding and knowing in regards to your feelings and longing for a daughter.

There is a lot of info to take in and if it's an option for you, I highly recommend the personalised plans.

In the meantime there are threads on the basics of the LE diet (that most of us follow when trying to conceive a girl) and other essays on the other sway aspects. I'm sure someone will post links to these for you (I'm not sure how to or where they all are).

You could also start by cutting out read meat or going vegetarian and delaying the time you eat breakfast. 😊

It sounds like you have an amazing DH! ❤️
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

In the link in my signature below is the Complete Index and if you copy/paste that into your browser bar, it will take you to an alphabetized guide on a ton of swaying topics.

I have moved away from having people test pH. We saw so many pH opposites both boy to girl and girl to boy that it's become impossible for me to believe it tells us anything reliable and it makes people very stressed.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Hun no one will make you feel like a bad or ungrateful mummy here; goodness knows most of us have been there, done that and got the t- shirt several times over! it is entirely possible to completely and utterly love your kid(s) but still feel the hole of where another one should be regardless of if you have experienced gender desire/ disappointment or not.
    I wish you the best of luck for your pink sway x x
    Last edited by Kittybear; April 27th, 2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Stupid phone!
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and know you are in good company. Your story sounds very similar to mine. I had two sons and my heart ached so badly for a DD. I never discussed these feelings with anyone but my DH because I feared the reaction that you got from your sister. You won't get any of that judgement here. These women completely understand your want to have a DD and it doesn't mean that you don't love your sons and you aren't grateful for them.

Also, I wanted to let you know there is a lot of hope for your hyperemesis. I suffered really bad morning sickness. I had several IV fluids with DS2. When I got PG with baby #3 I was dreading it. Had no idea how I was going to take care of my 2 DS (my DH works out of town). I started researching on my own and found a couple of sites and blogs that talked about low carb diets for morning sickness. Well, to make a long story short I didn't puke once with my third baby and I am now PG with baby #4 and haven't puked yet. I am super good about what I eat. I don't eat ANY refined carbs and only a very small amount of fruits. I eat meat, cheese, eggs, salad, and vegetables (but not potatoes). I still feel a little sick at times when I need to eat (low blood sugar) but other than that I am fully functional to the point my Mom doesn't have a clue I am PG. I just wanted to let you know there is hope out there for morning sickness!! Feel free to PM me if you have more questions. You don't have to suffer like so many do. When I have told my Drs about this they don't seem to give it much thought.

Here are the sites I first researched the topic:

Trust and Obey: Low Carb Diet - Now for Morning Sickness Prevention?

and

High Carb Diets Can Cause Morning Sickness | The Primal Parent

Good luck and know you have a lot of support from great women on this site!!
    Last edited by WantingPink; April 27th, 2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, welcome and good luck with your sway!! From a fellow mum to two gorgeous boys in Ireland.
    I feel your pain with the hyperemesis as mine has just kicked in at 6 weeks. Had it with my two boys too with few trips to the hospital. And if it wasn't for my MIL I wouldn't be having my third as DH is self employed and has to spend most of his time at work.
    I'm hoping this time things will be different than last time, and like you with DS1 it lasted till 20w and DS2 16w.
    I was told DS1 was a girl at 20w scan and I went crazy shopping pink and I still have a bag full of pink/girly clothing in the storage room that I can't even bring myself to look at.
    As for other people's judgments/inconsiderate comments, please take no notice as they don't understand it at all, I only told the ones I thought would understand it as they went through same/similar thing and shared with me.
    You have plenty of time to read and plan what's best for you and there is always Atomic's personalised plans as I heard it's great and it takes all the hard work/guessing out of it for you.
    Personally I didn't have much time with my sway when I fully joined this site as I was all over the net looking for ways to conceive a girl and the only site that made sense to me was GD!
    So in the end, with very little time on my hands I picked/chose the easiest sway tactics that I could follow and had a lazy sway.

I hope you get your girl and please feel free to ask any questions you may have.The ladies here are very friendly and chatty.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
    #1 6 #2 4 #3 1.5
    with #4 / it's a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WantingPink, thank you for sharing this I'll have a look too when I can, I'm very sleepy now. :yawn:

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
    #1 6 #2 4 #3 1.5
    with #4 / it's a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with your sway I know exactly where you're coming from with the desire for a girl and no it doesn't mean you love your boys any less! Best wishes for the future xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all SO much! Your replies have made me cry, but in a good way! Its such a relief to know I'm not alone in my feelings! I will definitely consider a personalised sway, it seems like it certainly couldn't hurt! After a chat today we have said we will aim to start TTC from February 2015 all going well, does anyone know when I should start a personalised sway? Is it from when we are actively TTC?
    Thanks for the info re ph strips atomic, if that's the case with them I'm best to stay away from them. OPKs drive me mad at the best of times! I am so excited to begin this journey, thank you so much for the help and encouragement you have given already
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic would be the best to answer that but from what I believe, some people buy their plans a year before TTC and some 6 weeks before! It's up to you and atomic personalises them to suit where you're up to. Personally I'd suggest at least several (4-6) mths before (if not earlier) so you can read it, study it and get any supplements or anything before you're ready to start swaying. But it also depends on how long you want to sway for! 😊
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast