Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I'm new here.

Hello! new to this site and thought I would introduce myself and see if anyone had any advice or just someone in a similar boat who wants to connect. I'm 37 and I have 3 wonderful boys. I had really bad GD when I found out my third was a boy and although I wouldn't change him for the world I still deal with a strong desire to have a daughter all the time. With 3 boys, I don't think PGD would be an option, it's just too expensive and I can't justify not putting that toward the boys college even if I could swing it. I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and I just found out I have a thyroid disease so part of me is unsure if I should put my body through pregnancy again, plus we are pretty overloaded, the boys are high energy and keep us busy, they are 8, 6 and 2. Even with all of that, I still think just maybe I should try again. I don't want to live with regret and even though I'm tired, I know the newborn/baby phase is a short time compared to the big picture. I want a daughter I can go wedding dress shopping with and put in dance classes and buy her tutus. I want a daughter I can braid her hair and paint her nails. Having boys is a gift and a blessing and I love them with all of my heart but I don't understand them very well, they are loud and fight and are into swords, legos and video games. I worry if I try again and it isn't a girl, it will be really hard on me emotionally. Just not sure what to do. Anyone else in the same place? thanks for reading, really glad I found this site and can chat with women who understand. Noone I know has this issue, they all have one of each.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and I can totally relate with your want for a DD!! At one point I had 2 DS and I love them to pieces but couldn't relate with all the superhero, wrestling, karate chopping, burping, farting, etc. I wanted a DD that I could do things with, do her hair, her nails, and eventually be there when she had children of her own. As much as us boy Moms want to think we will always be a part of their lives, the bond between a son and a Mom isn't the same and the thought of one day they will grow up and I will maybe talk to them on the phone for 5 minutes once a month was heart breaking. I know not every Mother/Daughter relationship is rainbows and roses but it is different than the Mother/Son relationship. The only way my Mom knows half of what is going on with my brother is because I tell her. You are in the right place 3boys... there are lots of women on here that can relate with you!!
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!! There are lots of moms here with 3 boys (me included)
    And I see a good amount getting a girl for #4 so there is hope!
    Of course if you expect girl than HT really is the only option!
    It wasn't for me so I pretty much was coming to terms with being done but voila...lol!

I don't agree with the boys not having the same relationship with their moms as girls. I think its a individual and nothing to get worked up about. In fact I've only heard that here, I never even had this kind of worry before this site lol!

I always hated people saying 'you'll get lots of grand daughters' and I would think that's not the same!!!! But at the pool the other day there was a grandma who had 3 boys and was helping with her 2 granddaughters and she seemed quite content
    I'm rambling but you're in the right spot!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the responses. It feels sooooo nice being able to connect with women who understand. I wish I could just make up my mind to either try again or not and that would be it. But I waffle back and forth so much. I worry that if I decide this is it, we are done having kids will I someday regret it? will I always have this pain and longing for a daughter? I do see the differences between mother/daughter mother/son relationships. They aren't any less special just different. I came from a family of 5 girls and I guess I always assumed I would have a daughter, it's so odd that I don't yet and may never. A lot of days when I think I'm done are the days I'm tired and overwhelmed with the 3 boys I have already, I think, "How could I possibly handle another kid? boy or girl" then i have a good day with them and start thinking.. maybe. IDK.. wish I could just make up my mind already.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI and welcoem!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. I have 3 boys too and have just PGD/Ivf in the states for a girl so I know how u feel.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yes...as you can see I have three boys, as well I just turned 36. They are 6, 4 and 1.5. I also don't agree about boys vs girls relationships with their mothers. I never involved my mother with anything to do with my wedding, etc. sad but true. With good reason, though. I guess now I realize that I'd like to try and do better than that with my children because I feel like I already have with my boys. I used to only want boys...I attribute that to not having a good relationship with my mom. It's odd because it's not one of those things anyone else notices. They figure we get along great. Yes, we do because I have learned how to deal with her narcissism and to distance myself as needed. Seriously...she's got issues but like I have said, not obvious to the world. Seems hunky-dory. My brother and sister feel the same. Anyway...I know it is tough to decide on what to do. I am going for it in July. I figure I may get another boy, but it don't want to feel like I didn't try once more because I've always wanted four kids. We did lose a boy at 14 weeks-he would've been our third, so technically we have conceived 4 boys. The baby fever is still here in my heart. I know so many moms of three boys in my town it is like a phenomenon. They all stop at three it seems like! Not me...I just can't give up. My brother finally got a daughter a softer 3 boys. She is two weeks older than my pay ds3. 4 is my lucky number...I know it is a tough decision, but go with your heart. The only thing I'll truly be bothered with if we have another boy is the comments from people on how many boys we have. Oh well-we've got that already happening so what the heck
    Last edited by 3BoysBlessed; May 18th, 2014 at 08:40 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a great relationship with my mum either, in fact it's pretty toxic. We've never been close and she just creates negativity in my life as I've never been "good enough" and she likes to remind me all the time. I think though, that it's contributed to my desire for a girl so I can have the kind of mother/daughter relationship I always wanted but never got with my mum. I'm very close to DS2, DS5 & DS6 but I'd also like someone who understands "being a woman" too. 💜
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very well stated, Mumofsix...that is exactly what it is,I think. The desire for a positive relationship as a mother-daughter combination, whether it's as mother or daughter. I sure hope that you get that and that all of us wishing and praying for pink do as well.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome I'm also a mummy of 3 wonderful boys trying to sway pink! Happy swaying
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015