Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Frequent Release: I May Have GOOFED! Advice Anyone?

Sooo...I was going to attempt FR with my hubby. TTC GIRL. I'm due to Ovulate on May 11th and will just now starting FR consistently today. I may have misunderstood the FR instructions and did not do FR with hubby during AF. I thought we were supposed to FR 7-10 days before I start O. And then do one attempt on O day. I read Atomic's posts and am not sure if I have this right. Is it okay to FR 1-2 times a day May 2-May 10 and then BD (the big attempt) on my Ovulation Day May 11th? ANY ADVICE???

Atomic said :
    Frequent Release: DH releases (ejaculates) every day, at least once a day and more often whenever he can, for 7-10 days or more if he can. You can use frequent release with one attempt, with a cutoff of 2-3 days, at ovulation, with an O+12 attempt, or with a combo of these. Please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...toff-with-O-12 for a more in depth explanation of how you might combine timing with frequency. For this strategy, he will release outside your body and only use the last batch of semen to inseminate you.

You can also mix these up and have him release outside some or most of the time as well - as an example, you might have him release outside your body until you’re nearing O (either you get a positive OPK or you begin 2-3 days before you expect to O) and then begin to have him release inside, or release inside every other time, until you’re sure you’ve ovulated. This might be a good option if you want to get pg quickly but you’re worried about pH.

The important thing is, that he HAS to release every day at least once and pref. more, for at least 7-10 days prior to when you BEGIN your BD attempts...it can't just be 7-10 days before O itself if you attempt starting at a cutoff timing because that means there will be sperm from only 5-7 days FR, and that may sway blue for some men.
    Last edited by MamaLuv; May 2nd, 2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys
    Lost my dear unborn baby August 2014, gender unconfirmed.

STILL for my

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd do your attempt at positive OPK and not O day. It's been getting great results and it takes the stress out of timing O. You'd hate to get a bfn this month bc you misjudged o day!

You need to start FR at least 7 days before attempt so if you want your attemp to be may 11 you can start today and have plenty of time-- 9 or 10 days is more than enough! Just use protection (condom) or have him release outside you, because you only want one attempt! But don't fret if you don't get FR just right, it doesn't seem to sway as much as one attempt and I got my second DS doing crazy amounts of FR so it's not a magic bullet by any means.

If you want to do your attempt at positive OPK instead of o day (as that's been getting the best results) and still want to use frequency to sway, you can do a compressed FR.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You've got it right...Atomic is saying it can't be less than 7 days of frequent release as it might sway blue. It must be 7 - 10 days.

Just a note, FR is recommended for DHs over 35...and we're seeing much better results with just one attempt at +OPK. Good luck to you
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    I'd do your attempt at positive OPK and not O day. It's been getting great results and it takes the stress out of timing O. You'd hate to get a bfn this month bc you misjudged o day!

You need to start FR at least 7 days before attempt so if you want your attemp to be may 11 you can start today and have plenty of time-- 9 or 10 days is more than enough! Just use protection (condom) or have him release outside you, because you only want one attempt! But don't fret if you don't get FR just right, it doesn't seem to sway as much as one attempt and I got my second DS doing crazy amounts of FR so it's not a magic bullet by any means.

If you want to do your attempt at positive OPK instead of o day (as that's been getting the best results) and still want to use frequency to sway, you can do a compressed FR.
    Thanks so much ladies! Quick question, so if my projected O day is May 11th Im likely to see the positive OPK on the 9th right? I should not attempt any earlier than the 9th then so I can make sure it's 7 days of FR correct? If it's any earlier than the 9th then I should hurry and do the compressed FR right?

My hubby is also 32. I think he'd not want to obstain so I opted for the FR.
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys

STILL for my

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FR 7-10 days before your attempt, have one attempt at positive OPK (this is day before ovulation for most people)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuv View Post
    Thanks so much ladies! Quick question, so if my projected O day is May 11th Im likely to see the positive OPK on the 9th right? I should not attempt any earlier than the 9th then so I can make sure it's 7 days of FR correct? If it's any earlier than the 9th then I should hurry and do the compressed FR right?

My hubby is also 32. I think he'd not want to obstain so I opted for the FR.
    Pos OPK on May 9 or 10 but do be aware that swaying can delay ovulation.

I would not get too caught up in making sure it's exactly 7 days, 6 days is still going to be pink friendly. There's not a magic switch that gets flipped at the 7 day mark.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Phew...I thought I was screwed. That's cool. That means Mother's Day weekend. FR every day until then. I think that throws off my RePhresh applications. I won't make it to the 4th application doing the every 3 day thing so I'll have to cut one to every two days and use Aci jel in between....is this right?
    Last edited by MamaLuv; May 2nd, 2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys

STILL for my

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes cut to 2 days, that's fine.

why use acijel between?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    yes cut to 2 days, that's fine.

why use acijel between?
    @Atomic I was trying to get my pH down some more. I only used 1/2 an applicator the first time and like a 1/4 of one the second time. I won't be using anymore until the day of our attempt.

How do you time all the RePhresh and zyrtec and all of that which you're supposed to take hours before if you don't know what time of day you'll actually get the +OPK? How much time do you have after seeing the +OPK do we have to do our one attempt? Also, what times of day are best to test if I'm testing twice a day?
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys

STILL for my

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if pH even matters, it only counts at time of attempt, do not worry about it at any otehr time

guess and pray. keep in mind that it probably does not make much difference X number of hours vs. Y number of hours, the point is just that you get some in the mix when it has enough time to work but not reduce odds of conception to nil. don't get hung up on number of hours, it just doesn't matter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast