Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic - Help In the final days! Ttc girl

Hi! I have been religiously following the In Gender plan to ttc girl... And I stumbled on this sight today. I am waiting for a positive opk and should be doing the deed within days. What are the major differences between this plan/advice and in gender? Atomic sounds more creditable..! So now I am getting nervous! In a nutshell:
    I have been eating a lot of calcium (2% milk and yogurt - too much fat?)'
    drinking crystal light like crazy,
    strawberries & raspberries (no other fruit),
    green beans, cucumber (very little other veg)
    rice cakes with almond butter,
    raw almonds,
    small amounts of lean protein and fish,
    no red meat,
    cranberry concentrate,
    limiting sugar, one cup coffee per day,
    Replens "finger" every second day,
    all supplements listed on IG (both dh and I),
    moderate exercise.
    Was planning lime douche and lime tampon.
    Ph hasn't gone below 5.3

I am slender and have not lost any weight with this diet. (I didn't eat much prior to ttc though... - always kept my weight in check). Not a good sign?

What is the advice to help my chances for a girl in these final days? Atomic! Please help! Thanks so much.

P.S. I have 2 wonderful boys. I am 39. (Last baby indeed)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also...

Was planning o+12. Apparently Ph is lowest at this stage I the fertility window.. And Ph is less likely to spike unknowingly.

DH has been abstaining for 12 days. (He's ready to kill me!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boy, this is the type of post that gives me nightmares. (no offense meant, I just really really HATE IG sometimes)

There is a ton of stuff I'd change about your sway. But here's the deal - at 39 as you know already, time is not our friend here and we need to have you in with an attempt every month because we never can tell when "Goldie the Golden Egg" will show up and if she may be the last fresh egg in the carton.

I honestly don't have time today to go over your attempt, if you give me a bump I"ll get back with you tomorrow. Above all else, I BEG YOU not to go for O+12. You may as well take a birth control pill as do that. I urge you have DH clean the pipes IMMEDIATELY and switch to regular release every 2-4 days because if he is also 39 or thereabouts, you are taking risks of birth defects by causing him to produce unhealthy sperm and I think it's risky for a man of any age to abstain much beyond 12-14 days anyway.

Quick fix for this situation is to do one attempt at positive OPK . At least you'll be in with a SHOT of conception. above all else stick with that one attempt till I can get back to you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    case against pH here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html
    case against O+12 here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html
    also strongly suggest you read the trouble with timing essay that is linked in the O+12 essay

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the time and for the quick advice. I'll get my husband to clear his pipes immediately.

Do you think my attempt would sway blue based on what you know? Maybe I should adjust diet and try next month. But, as you know, time is not on my side... Turning 40 next month and dreaming of a baby girl.

Thanks again. Really appreciate it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like I said - for those of us at "a certain age" (and at 44 I'm right there with ya and in fact some distance beyond LOL) I think it behooves you to at least strongly consider TTC this month with one attempt. We never know when it's the last fresh egg in the carton.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd also say drop all supplements especially cranberry as we are pretty sure ca
    ALL nutrients sway blue!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I'm back, I couldn't find this post yesterday and then ran out of time.

1)a brief recap of the origins and differences between this site and IG is here:
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...sh-anyway.html

short verson of LE Diet is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html

I DO think IG Diet sways, because of its highly restrictive nature, but it kind of depends on how much milk you're drinking. I know some ladies doing half-gallons of milk/yogurt every day which is tons of nutrients, protein, cals, etc. and then throwing almonds and fish and lean meat on top of all that...and the IG supps which I'm assuming includes B6 and Vit D...I don't know. The thing is that while I do own a crystal ball, it is in the shop right now awaiting parts to arrive from Timbuktu and no way of knowing when they'll arrive and I just can't SAY whose sway is going to work and whose isn't.

What I do know is that one attempt has gotten great results for us and time is not our friend here. So my gut instinct is for you to immediately drop Vit. D if you are taking it (unlike other nutrients, it is fat soluble and is ok to just drop it because your body has it stored up) and start weaning off B6 if you're taking that (that one, you do need to wean off of) and go for it this month with one attempt. Also drop probiotics for both you and DH because we got perfectly awful results with them and now use only for BLUE.

Can you give me a recap of specifically what supps you're on and I can give you advice on the rest. I think D, B6, and probiotics are the worst of the lot but there are some others that are either unsafe or sway blue so if I know just what you're taking, I can advise on the rest. (some of the supps on IG are for preventing miscarriage supposedly - even though they can CAUSE them! - so not sure exactly what all you're doing)

I would have you increase folic acid to 2000 mcg per day broken into small doses and taken 4-5 times a day (continue thru first trimester then gradually wean off) and 150 iu iodine daily and continue this thru entire pregnancy. I am concerned about the restrictiveness of the IG Diet coming into pregnancy.

If BFN this month, I would have you up exercise to 60 min. per day, 4 days a week minimum and more like 5-6 days may be better.

Not a fan of lime douche and really REALLY not a fan of lime tampon. And I DESPISE O+12 and think it's perfectly terrible advice for anyone over 37. Cautionary tale, when I was on IG some years ago, I was in the "Mature Mamas" support group and we were all in our late 30's at that point. I didn't do O+12 and got pg pretty quick with my 4th son while many of the other gals in the group went on months and even years trying for O+12 and NONE of them ever got pregnant with it. Some of them still do not have babies to this day despite subsequently spending tens of thousands on fertility treatments and I think back on those wasted cycles chasing O+12 and it is heartbreaking. I know a lot of people thought I was an idiot for not doing O+12, but that wasn't why I got my 4th boy and because I got pg quickly I had time to go on to try again and I did get my daughter in the end (one attempt, with perfect BOY timing BTW). It is the one attempt that is swaying and not the O+12, so put that one attempt in a time frame that can actually achieve conception and you'll be golden - you'll get the results of O+12 (which looks like it works only because one attempt works) and yet have a chance at hitting that golden egg!

Let me know if I missed anything or any more questions.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found this site trying to find out if I should continue taking the cal & mag supplements or not and I am completely confused as well! I would like to try in 4 weeks and only started doing some research on swaying recently and just last week started the cal, mag, folic acid and cranberry and eating lots of dairy, raspberries, cucumber, etc. as per the diet suggestions I'd found. Now I'd completely at a loss because this is so different! I was planning to try licorice root for husband and was considering the douche/lime tampon/rePhresh but didn't know because I'd read so much opposite advice and I had read tons of different advice about cut offs and abs vs. freq sex that I hadn't decided what we should do there either. I bought a salt rock and lavender oil, I'm not sure if I believe they work or not, but I already have a little boy and would try anything for a little girl this time. I am 29 so we aren't completely pressed for time but I still do really want to get pregnant again soon. Can you please give me advice on what I should do?? Thanks sooooo much!!
    Last edited by ndeveau; August 10th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    please bump this for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast