Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you tell people when you're on the LE diet??

Hi everyone...

I'm quite a newbie here. I'm a mum to 2 boys (from Australia) and am so happy to have found this site. I'm currently waiting on my plan and am loosely following the LE diet whilst I'm waiting. We're not planning to TTC till end of January anyway. My question is pretty basic though - how do you get away with following the LE diet without telling anybody - my DH & I have agreed that we won't tell anybody that we're swaying because we don't want to hear the negative feedback and also, if it doesn't work I don't want people to know the GD I will probably feel. I'll be happy with either pink or blue but obviously am trying to tip the odds a little. This will be our last bubba either way. I'm finding it hard to excuse my new strange diet - I'm generally a big eater and normally eat brown bread, rice etc with a big variety of veggies, fruit and protein. So, this sudden change in diet is going to appear strange to the people around me (work colleagues, friends, family etc)

TIA xx

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would lie and say my doctor put me on a special diet to lower my Cholesterol or raise it. I'm diabetic so when I change my diet no one thinks twice about it. Good luck!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I would be around people that know my eating habits I would eat vegeterian and would tell them we are trying to see if we can turn vegetarian.
    So when I got pg and started eating normaly again I would say that it didn't work out for us!
    Good luck with your sway!
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I swayed in secret not even DH knew! I just told him I wanted to lose some weight (skipping breakfast) and I use to be a vegetarian so it was easy to tell him I just felt like a break from meat. I did not really find I had to explain to anyone else. I think just don't make a big deal about it or justify it too much, friends probably won't even notice! Xxxx
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all be sure you really understand what LE Diet is - you can HAVE a variety of veggies and fruit on LE Diet!

It is totally possible to do an LE Diet based on foods you normally eat and nothing appears out of the ordinary. If anyone says anything, you can say you're on a food elimination diet due to allergies and that has worked for several people. Or, you can aim to have your most "normal" meal when you're around people and then eat more strictly at other times of day. If you in a situation where you really must eat what everyone else is having, that's ok too. Cheating is not only allowed, but encouraged on LE Diet. So if you know you will have to attend a business function where there will be beef served or whatever, no worries, that's just going to be one of your planned cheats. Planned cheats enable you to not have to hide and explain your eating choices while also allowing your body to have a chance to occasionally get nutrients that may be in scarce supply on standard LE.

WIth LE Diet, aim for the 80-20 rule...you get 80% of the results with 20% of the effort and to get that remaining 20% of results, you have to expend 80% of the effort (and for pink swayers, that can drive them so nutty it raises T levels and may sway blue anyway!) So think "diet 80% of the time" and it's allll good.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat18 View Post
    Well I swayed in secret not even DH knew! I just told him I wanted to lose some weight (skipping breakfast) and I use to be a vegetarian so it was easy to tell him I just felt like a break from meat. I did not really find I had to explain to anyone else. I think just don't make a big deal about it or justify it too much, friends probably won't even notice! Xxxx
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    My husband didn't know I was swaying either. He is used to me going onto and off of weird diets though. I had the strategy (and this can work for other scenarios too like dinner at relatives) where I would eat the side dishes and skip whatever meat I had made and that worked really well for me. I did a lot of baked chicken and rice type of things and then I'd just have the rice and vegetable. He never noticed anything.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just say I'm trying a vegetarian diet to help my thyroid. Many people have low level thyroid issues that are helped by diet.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also just say I'm vegetarian it seems to be enough for most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum to two hoping for a bundle of x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm already a vegetarian so just told ppl that I'm preparing for a marathon to explain the sudden weight loss.
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic suggestions, thank you. I just had lunch at work, a white roll with low fat cheese, lettuce, cucumber and tomato. Nobody said a word..
    2011, 2013 and due in Dec 2015 - thank you ATOMIC!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast