Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic - would you say the same to a 38 yr old?? Should I ditch the diet idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am going to consider everything and then decide what to do. I have to say I am kinda on the fence about the diet. Just my opinion of course!

My mother told me that her mom, ( my gran ) had 12 kids, her last at age 40 a girl. She was very poor and they were always hungry.. My gran was tiny,smoked but never touched alcohol, and she had 7 boys & 5 girls....

My mother said when she had us she was a meat and potatoes girl, ate basically a boy diet. She had 4 girls( including me) & 2 boys...

I get more confused the more I learn

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    every 4 day method is actually getting darn good results anyway - albeit with a small sample size, 12 of 16 people got pink that way. I did too and I don't think I am reflected in those nubmers because my sway was before we started using that method.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmebabyonemoretime View Post
    Atomic - would you say the same to a 38 yr old?? Should I ditch the diet idea?

???When did I ever tell anyone to ditch diet???

I want everyone to do diet. REgardless of age. Some older gals may do better on atomic fertility diet http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html I just don't want anyone at the age of 43, think they need to do diet for 12 weeks before TTC. A 38 year old should certainly be cautious not to waste any time, but it's a whole different ball game at 43 (and lest anyone think I am being ageist - I am 44 and had my daugher at 42 so I"m right there with ya.)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlegirl View Post
    I am going to consider everything and then decide what to do. I have to say I am kinda on the fence about the diet. Just my opinion of course!

My mother told me that her mom, ( my gran ) had 12 kids, her last at age 40 a girl. She was very poor and they were always hungry.. My gran was tiny,smoked but never touched alcohol, and she had 7 boys & 5 girls....

My mother said when she had us she was a meat and potatoes girl, ate basically a boy diet. She had 4 girls( including me) & 2 boys...

It is because diet in and of itself, doesn't really sway. Not the way you're thinking of it. IT is maternal condition, overall fertility, and the cues your body gets from the environment. So if a woman was capable of carrying 12 babies including one at age 40, it is pretty clear to me that regardless of being poor, she was apparently in good condition despite that and evidently pretty darn fertile.

pH and timing - no reliable scientific evidence that they sway in any way

diet - tons of reliable evidence that it sways, but no magic bullet, because there ARE no magic bullets.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Little Lunasa, thanks for replying! I am hopeful and feel confident i'll get pregnant. I want a healthy baby first of course and would be over the moon if its a girl! I wanted to ask did you use any gels/douche or did you abstain etc;... I also just noticed you are in Ireland.... small world, I live in the US but I am from Ireland Thanks in advance!
    Yes a small world definitely! What part of Ireland are you from?
    No I didn't use any gels/douche and we weren't supposed to be abstaining but DH and I hadn't been getting along and our one attempt was 'make up' sex so to speak, as I was flying to Barcelona the next day and I didn't want to leave on a bad note. I actually had given up actively ttc as it had been over 6 months since starting. So it was only when my period was late that I realised I might be pregnant. So what worked for me was: no stressing over ttc, LE diet and one attempt around ovulation.
    Xx

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a much more thorough explanation of the Trivers Willard hypothesis that may help to alleviate confusion http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ypothesis.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My mother told me that her mom, ( my gran ) had 12 kids, her last at age 40 a girl. She was very poor and they were always hungry.. My gran was tiny,smoked but never touched alcohol, and she had 7 boys and 5 girls....

You can't look at other people, even family members, and asssume that bc despite their diets they had a certain gender, that you can too. So many factors can sway and those are only the ones we know about - doubtless hundreds of factors sway to some degree, and many, maybe even most of those factors are ones that can't be changed.

For example, in the case of your gran, she was obviously a very healthy and fertile women to have 12 kids, and we know that both of those things sway boy, so it is not surprising that the children she had more boys, despite poverty and a poor diet. And maybe her DH had high sperm count and they had lots of sex, which also sways blue. Maybe if they'd had more money and food, all their children would have been boys!

As for your mom, who knows what invisible factors inside her body swayed pink. Also, a meat and potatoes diet isn't necessarily healthy and can in certain cases sway pink - for sure potatoes are not a big blue swayer, and maybe she actually mostly ate potatoes and less meat, and small amounts/few meals, thus swaying pink.

Bc you already have 3 boys, it very likely that your body and lifestyle are prone towards having boys, and since Diet & Daily Cardio Exercise are the most powerful swaying tactics we know of, it is most important that you follow them if you really want to change your odds. Some women have only girls or only boys no matter how they eat, but that doesn't mean you personally can get a girl without changing your diet. The success rate of pink swayers (many of whom have 2,3,4 or more boys) who don't do the diet and just do the lazy tactics (supplements, messing with pH, timing) is much, much lower than those who do the diet.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    ???When did I ever tell anyone to ditch diet???

I want everyone to do diet. REgardless of age. Some older gals may do better on atomic fertility diet http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html I just don't want anyone at the age of 43, think they need to do diet for 12 weeks before TTC. A 38 year old should certainly be cautious not to waste any time, but it's a whole different ball game at 43 (and lest anyone think I am being ageist - I am 44 and had my daugher at 42 so I"m right there with ya.)
    I just meant the diet over a stretch of time like this woman. I should have been more clear is suppose.

Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic do I start bd right after AF and then again in 4 days? and still try a cut off? I really am afraid to get too close again to OV time.. just stuck in my mind! And go complete vegetarian for the next few weeks/months do you really think that's enough?

No abstain or FR or gels/douche ...nothing. Any supplements for me?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast