Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

newbie in the last chance saloon - advice desperately needed

Hello everyone ,
    Apologies for the long post. I'm hoping that you can give me some much needed advice. I'm 41, hoping to conceive a healthy baby in the next few months before I turn 42. I realise that time is not on my side (in well versed in scary stats), so I'm not sure how long we will pursue this dream for.

I conceived our son at 39, during our first proper month of ttc, dtd almost every day. I delivered at 40, on his due date after a healthy pregnancy. I had accupuncture, took tons of vitamins & herbal supplements (maca, all the greens), ate alot of protein & spices to improve blood flow to my uterus.

As we only want one more pregnancy due to my age (my dh is 36), so I am hoping for a girl. After fertility cleansing for a few months, I started taking the following supplements at the start of Oct:
    Whole food prenatal
    Dha
    Mega b vitamins
    Vit c & zinc
    Red raspberry leaf capsules & wobenzym to heal my uterus after my section
    300mg ubiquinol
    R faction ala
    Also had accupuncture
    Calcium
    Magnesium
    Cut out sodium & potassium

Late in the 3 month prep period, I discovered the whole idea of gender swaying. After spending ages disentangling the difference between your site & others, I decided I liked your approach best & decided to do a gentle girl sway. So for the last few weeks, I've stripped my vitamins back to my b vitamins & continued with my weight watchers diet (I've lost 28lb). We only dtd once, following a positive opk, following gd advice on position, no O etc. My husband was taking a male prenatal, dha, maca & ubiquinol.

Unfortunately I didn't get pregnant last month. I wasn't surprised as I was ill & had a death in my family but was still very upset and in a panic.

So, my question to you is, given what everyone here know about the chances of success, do you think I should continue to try a pink sway for one more month, and if so, what should I do. Or, should I revert to all my old vitamins etc & just focus on maximising my fertility & try & conceive a healthy child.

Thanks in advance
    Niamh

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the thinking on this site is you don't have any chance of your girl if you dont get pregnant to begin with so perhaps focus on the pregnancy side of it and leave worrying about swaying. I would advise a personalised plan from atomic too as she will take everything into account xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and good luck with your sway! I just had my baby girl after two boys at age 43 so don't give up hope. I'd recommend a personal swaying plan from atomic if you can afford it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the suggestion of buying a personalized plan. You already know that time is of the essence and with the personalized plan Atomic can help you sway as much as reasonable for you and maintain your fertility.

GL!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a whole lot of supplements if trying for a girl! Obviously, like a pp says, you can't have a girl if you can't get pregnant but if you want to try and sway, there are better choices for supplements than others. The Personalized Plan is designed to help people that have needs beyond a cookie-cutter sway or just don't have the time or inclination to design their own. If you want a plan with an advice coach for support, we would be happy to assist.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    please bump this for me, thanks
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    please bump this for me, thanks
    Thanks Atomic and everyone who replied. You have given me hope. How do I buy a plan and will it help my next attempt in 13 days?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd drop the B vitamins too unless you have a confirmed deficiency, and I'd immediately start doing strict LE diet and exercise. As for BD, I'd do every 4 days at your age. I would personally wait until I'd done a full 2 months on the diet & exercise and had 3 months off all those blue swaying supps before TTC, but that's bc you conceived your son so quickly despite your age and my mom had my brother at 43.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again for the advice. I bought the TTC a girl custom plan and have completed both parts of the questionnaire. I realise that I won't receive it for a while. My plan for this next cycle is to relax and enjoy myself and stick to my diet. Does anyone have other quick suggestions that I can adopt over the next two weeks? If not I'll take it easy and try and go with the flow lol.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again for the advice. I bought the TTC a girl custom plan and have completed both parts of the questionnaire. I realise that I won't receive it for a while. My plan for this next cycle is to relax and enjoy myself and stick to my diet. Does anyone have other quick suggestions that I can adopt over the next two weeks? If not I'll take it easy and try and go with the flow lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast