Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I'm new! And a little worried...

Hi, so after 15 years of being on The BC pill, I decided to go off beginning jan 2015. I waited of course til I finished the pack coincidentally it was the beginning of the month. I want to sway for a boy using the HE diet as my DH has two DDs from a previous marriage. My diet has been totally HE- boy friendly for the past 2.5 years due to a dairy allergy. I had severe back-ne and a number of skin problems for years, no meds would work, I was helpless. I was doing extensive research and saw a few threads about dairy and skin ailments and decided to try. I stuck to the non dairy diet very strickly for years now and I must say that was the culprit all along! If I eat cheese by accident I will have 4 pimples and extreme bloating and flatulence following almost immediately. I also have had a high metabolism all my life healthy eating habits so the HE diet is great for me!
    My problem comes here... I've been charting my BBT and CM and clearblue OPK, since I stopped the BC and so far nothing. My chart temps have all stayed within a few points the entire month... Should I just wait longer? Is this Normal? My fear is not ovulating and having to take some med like clomid(god forbid) that sway pink. Some experiences/input would be great! Thanks

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, it could take more than 4 weeks for your ovulation to resume.
    Welcome xx
    1st Marriage 1999 2002
    2nd Marriage 2008 2011
    #1 Dogus N Cyprus BFN
    HT July -Aug 2015 - Too beautiful for this world
    Sep 2015 FET at Clinic R CZ BFN
    Due July 2016 with a rainbow natural conception

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Welcome I'm sure it is just taking awhile for your body to reset after being on BC. This can be totally normal and I wouldn't worry. I mean what cycle day are you on?
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know exactly how you feel! Not to scare you, but I went off BC in October and just now ovulated four days ago (CD124!). I was on a Seasonal birth control (one period every three months) so that was probably the biggest culprit. My body was gearing up for it with watery/EWCM and positive OPKs, but would never actually elevate temps to confirm O had happened. Some people O right away off BC and some people it takes a while for hormones to regulate naturally. I understand your frustration! It seems like everyone I know O'ed relatively quickly off BC and I assumed I would too.

But, I've found that since my temps became more steady this past month, it meant that my hormones were leveling out and I was able to O on my own!

And I just joined and am also swaying blue! Hopefully we can follow along with each other!
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you guys for your feedback, I feel a little better now... And I would love to be cycle buddies Tay, given my cycle permits!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm on CD 30

9. Likes 4BOYS liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! It may take a while for your body to adjust coming off of bc especially since you were on it so long. I wasn't charting or temping when I conceived my son but I had irregular periods and lots of spotting as my body adjusted. Best of luck I will keep my fingers crossed you get blue!
    Honeybug xo

April 2012 Dreaming pink and TTC January 2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    delayed periods after stopping BCP is something that many women experience, especially after having been on it so long.

What I would do if possible is go to the doctor and see if they will give you something like Provera that will stimulate your body to grow a uterine lining and bleed. This tends to act as a "reset" button and many women will see their cycles resume after that. Provera is not believed to sway when used in this way and it is def. better than the Clomid (although you can get a boy with Clomid, please don't panic if you need it...our results are not just Clomid but Clomid in addition to many other pink sway tactics. Clomid with blue sway tactics is much more like 50-50!!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TaytumJ View Post
    I know exactly how you feel! Not to scare you, but I went off BC in October and just now ovulated four days ago (CD124!). I was on a Seasonal birth control (one period every three months) so that was probably the biggest culprit. My body was gearing up for it with watery/EWCM and positive OPKs, but would never actually elevate temps to confirm O had happened. Some people O right away off BC and some people it takes a while for hormones to regulate naturally. I understand your frustration! It seems like everyone I know O'ed relatively quickly off BC and I assumed I would too.

But, I've found that since my temps became more steady this past month, it meant that my hormones were leveling out and I was able to O on my own!

And I just joined and am also swaying blue! Hopefully we can follow along with each other!
    Taytum that chart of yours should be in the Smithsonian Hall of Charts (if such a thing exists, which it should LOL) That is a wacky but very illuminating chart! Anov seesaw pattern turning into an ov cycle! Classic!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyBLUE View Post
    Thank you guys for your feedback, I feel a little better now... And I would love to be cycle buddies Tay, given my cycle permits!
    We can definitely be cycle buddies! Even if we're not on the same CD, I could always use support and help support you. We can be blue buddies too!

Atomic - seriously! I've been debating if I should take off the flood gates (the menstrual date) and open it up to show the full 125+. Do you think it would all fit in the siggy? Haha. I keep a Kindara .0 chart as well (so I can compare .0 to .00) so it's a straight like for 6 days on there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast