Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie don't know what I'm doing help!

Hi everyone, am completely new to all this so any help or advice that can be thrown my way will be great fully received ! I have two beautiful boys but have desperately desperately wanted a little girl to complete my family. I didn't think anyone would understand my longing until I found this site. I have read about Pgd and have contacted Dr savaas in genesis cyprus to help me achieve my dream! I have now had an internal baseline scan and the blood tests he asked me to have an I am waiting for him to get back to me on what it all means. I have arranged to go to Cyprus in May to have my eggs collected and frozen and then I go back in August to have them implanted. He seems to think this will be a greater chance of success. I have decided to go for a single embryo as My husband would have a breakdown if we ended up with twins. Does anyone know if that lowers my chances or not? Also although I never had any issues getting pregnant I'm sure it's not going to be that easy. I'm really unsure on what happens next or what my chances are of this being successful. I'm really scared it won't work as its so expensive I think I could only afford to have one go ...are the success rates high at geneis?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Their success rate on here is in the low to mid 30%. With fish testing, most people put back 2 embryos there. I encourage you to check out the member forums for more details. Welcome!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Hi there. Their success rate on here is in the low to mid 30%. With fish testing, most people put back 2 embryos there. I encourage you to check out the member forums for more details. Welcome!
    Hi thanks for the welcome 30% success rate that sounds so low he told me he had an 80% success rate for this kind of thing. I'm a bit freaked out now as I'm hanging all my hopes on this, it's driven by me really and we can't really afford it but doing it anyway. My husband supports me but he doesn't feel like I do and he would be happy with what we have. I feel guilty putting us under this financial pressure but it's like a dream just hanging there just out of reach.. I can see her so clearly in mind. I know I would be devastated if it didn't work. I emailed him last Tuesday/Wednesday with my scans and blood tests and he hasn't got back to me yet. I'm getting paranoid there is something wrong... Does it normally take this long? I will do as you suggest tho read up on the forums and consider two

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nobody quotes 80% unless you are 25-30 and you are cycling at one of the top clinics in the world. Genesis isn't that. They still use fish testing. If you access the member section you can see real past cycles and see how many peoples signatures that have been there have 4,5,6 attempts and still fail. He's not being truthful at all.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Thanks Pinklady35 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Pinklady35 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If someone says something that sounds too good to be true, it usually is. 80% is an artificially inflated number and I would personally proceed with very great caution handing over that kind of money if you cannot afford it, to someone who may be misrepresenting the facts. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but I know way more people who got BFN with Savvas than got BFP.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks Pinklady35 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Best of luck to you on your pink journey
    Honeybug xo

April 2012 Dreaming pink and TTC January 2015

11. Likes Pinklady35 liked this post
    Dislikes Babygirlquest disliked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys I appreciate the advice, so far I've only had the scans and blood tests and handed over 300 euro to get him to tell me what it all means and what happens next. It's been over a week now and I haven't heard anything from them other than to see they have the money. If he isn't great then I would rather find out now than be disappointed at the end. Have looked at other threads from previous advice and heard lots of people talking about an r clinic in cheq Republic, does anyone know how I can hold of them ? I understand it can't be mentioned on here coz it's not something they can openly admit to. Could someone pm me with it? ?? Also there was talk about savaas only doing fish testing whereas this other clinic does 24 check or something like that. I don't understand the difference could someone explain.. Sorry to be so ignorant about it all. Trying to research the subject but it's dead confusing x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. What was the reason why savaas recommended to freeze your eggs and go back in August for ET?

14. Thanks Pinklady35 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  253.9 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast