Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm new!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'm new!

Hi everyone!

I'm completely new to the site as of last week :-) The information here is so awesome. I've always been a little put off of swaying tactics because it seemed like it was just a diet change mixed with a little magic lol, but after having had two boys and finally getting DH to agree to try for a third baby, I came back to google ready to try any kind of magic and moon-dancing necessary to possibly give me my little girl. Luckily, I found Gender Dreaming and some real, scientific information that I can feel confident about following. Thank you, Atomic and NBP and everyone else who makes this site possible :-)

As for me... As I said, I have two boys, one is 4.5 and the other is 1.5 years. My first took 18 months to conceive, and my second, 14 months (with 2, possibly three chemicals). Both times we sought HT help after more than a year, and both times we conceived naturally the very month that we determined our HT plan. I think stress is a very big factor for both DH and me.

This time, I have a limited time frame in which DH is comfortable conceiving a third (he will be 40 in May, and I am 38 in September) and I hope to be pregnant before next March, starting immediately. Due to going somewhat HT, we did get tests done and we know that DH has had less than optimal SC for conceiving both boys. I can only assume that not much has changed, so while I am hoping to sway for a girl, I don't plan to try to limit our fertility while doing it if I can avoid it. For both my previous pregnancies I used progesterone supplements to maintain the pregnancy, although for my second pregnancy my blood work didn't fully support the theory that I needed it, I have had a consistently short LP even with B6 and with my history of chemical miscarriages it was decided that it couldn't hurt to use it.

So long story short- I have 12 months to conceive, and my first attempt will be next week (eek!). I have a short LP but consistent (if slightly later than average) ovulation. I've eaten a boy friendly diet all my life, and I have been losing weight the last 6 months with a responsible, boy-friendly diet and occasional exercise and am now at a BMI of 22. I am Type-A and very susceptible to stress and prone to pride in my successes, even small ones lol. Since I don't want to mess with fertility directly, I'm not planning to time BD or abstain. Rather, I think I will focus on the TWH, testosterone and blood sugar theories, and throw in some Vitex to help with that LP. I know these aren't ideal circumstances, what with starting a new diet immediately before TTC, but it's highly unlikely I will conceive right away anyway ;-)

Any other thoughts are welcome :-) I look forward to getting to know the awesome people on this board and hope you can help me change from all-blue to mostly-pink hehe.

Thanks!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh I forgot to mention that I'm BFing occasionally, and that the RE attributed my previous chemicals to BFing while TTC, so I am slowly weaning (hoping the vitex helps counteract this). But I also wonder now if I had conceived XX and had high BG if that would have had something to do with those failed I plantations.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Glad you found us!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Best of luck with your attempt and so glad you found GD with, as rightly say, scientific info! Best site I've ever come across. Not only is there excellent info there's also so much support here and no judgement!
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

5. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

My recommendation would be atomic fertility diet (although you will not need to be as strict as some are) and you can find that in this thread. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html 5 from the top. WE are getting great results with it.

I am not sure that I would have you use vitex. I feel like it's been causing more trouble than it's worth for people. How short is short with your LP? The gold standard for lengthening LP is Clomid and while I don't always recommend that for moms in late 30's, it would be worth trying for a month or two to see if it helps at all.

I think BD every 4 days is your best bet for now. If BFN after a couple months, we can go to every 3 days and/or add in an additional attempt at pos OPK. This is getting good odds of conception and of pink for us.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Temerity View Post
    oh I forgot to mention that I'm BFing occasionally, and that the RE attributed my previous chemicals to BFing while TTC, so I am slowly weaning (hoping the vitex helps counteract this). But I also wonder now if I had conceived XX and had high BG if that would have had something to do with those failed I plantations.
    They always blame it on breastfeeding but I would never wean for that. I seriously doubt that nursing had anything to do with your chemicals and it was probably just bad luck/bum eggs or sperm. THat's what the reason is the vast majority of the time. Doctors like to blame it on something you are doing so they don't have to tell you there's nothing they can do. :/

Please do not read anything into your chemicals and blood glucose levels. Healthy XX and XY beans develop just fine in a wide range of BG levels, we are just trying to optimize the odds. There is very little chance that blood glucose had anyhting to do with your chemicals.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I think the LE diet & one attempt or BD every 4 days is a great sway. I also O on the late side with a short LP, and i think my DF haslow count. Vitex does extend my LP up to 13-14 days. I personally think it's worth trying for 3 months, then drop it if you're not pregnant by then. Good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the welcomes and advice! I havent read about every 4 days yet... Is there a discussion about it somewhere? I think this month I might end up only getting a few tries in as I will be going out of town without DH around when I should O.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    How short is short with your LP? The gold standard for lengthening LP is Clomid and while I don't always recommend that for moms in late 30's, it would be worth trying for a month or two to see if it helps at all.
    My LP is usually 10-11 days without progesterone. I don't think that Clomid is in my future- it wasn't part of the plan with my old OB or either of the two RE's I ended up seeing, because they focused on DH as the reason for our infertility, but they were willing to put me on progesterone. Also, my DH is reluctantly going ahead with this plan to TTC, so I don't think he would like it if I tipped the scales with Clomid, especially if it could end up with us having twins (even if they were girls).

I'm checking out the fertility diet now- at first glance it looks easier than the LE diet for me but I'm a little anxious about trying to go wheat-free. I had to do that for a short time when BFing my DS1 and I know how hard it is!
    Last edited by Temerity; March 2nd, 2015 at 12:07 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and welcome

12. Thanks Temerity thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome