Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New from UK - dreaming pink but confused :-(

Hi all I am 34 from UK I have 3 lovely boys ages 8, 6 & almost 1. My hubby talked me into number 3 and I was a bit resistant as I knew that would probably be our last and if it wasn't a girl I was worried I would be very upset. I went ahead and of course heard "it's another boy" moments after he was born. I did reply "are you sure?" which amused the midwives!

He is so amazingly cute and gorgeous and we all love him to pieces but I am still dreaming of a daughter. My sister in law had a baby girl a few weeks ago and when I heard it was a girl I literally cried all day! I had no idea I would react that way and it shocked me but our children go to the same school, I see her every day and I just couldn't handle having to coo over her 2nd little girl when, if I'm honest, I wished for a girl every time I was pregnant. I have been feeling so low about never having a daughter that my husband has said he is happy to try PGD we wouldn't want to try naturally as I don't think I would handle it well if it was another boy (that sounds so bad).

HOWEVER, I am so unsure what to do. I feel like 4 is a lot of children, and I am worried about giving them all enough time etc. I also worry about the cost and that we could spend so much money and not get pregnant. I do get pregnant very easily - does this help with having IVF? However if I had a girl I would be so happy.

I started looking through this forum to try to help me decide what to do but there is so much information and I feel a bit lost with it all. The cycles seem very confusing, all the abbreviations etc. This is the first time I have ever been on online forum. Can someone tell me what the full name of Clinic R is? This seems popular on here but when I google it I can't find a clinic called that. USA seems like it would be good but again so many different clinics etc. Another question I have is has there been research on the long term effects of children born through PGD? I just wondered if doing this can have any negative effects on the child's development? Has anyone got a child through PGD who is a bit older say 5 or 6 and is fine developmentally as this is something my husband worries about as we read an article that taking 2 cells rather than 1 for the testing can be detrimental. Any thoughts on that?? Do the clinics usually only take 1 cell?

Sorry if this is a bit rambling. xxx

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. It is a lot to take in at first. I see you are a Dream Member so you can access the private forum to find info on Clinic R. They do not offer Gender Selection outright because it is illegal to do so there. They do offer full embryo testing though.

The US is the best of both worlds- good success rates and GS is totally legal here but it is more expensive than Europe. It depends what is doable for you and what is most important. The guide in my signature contains a lot of info including to the links to requests consults with two doctors on here that can answer questions and start the process for you.

You'll need to assess your ovarian reserve to see how you may respond. Regarding PGD, today, cells are taken from what will become the placenta on day 5. No cells are taken from what will become the baby anymore so there is really little fear of doing any harm. My son had one cell taken on day 3 and he is approaching 5. He is very healthy and normal. That is the last thing I would worry about with this process!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for your reply. I have read the guide now which was really useful. Glad PGD worked for you. :-) x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreverblue View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply. I have read the guide now which was really useful. Glad PGD worked for you. :-) x
    Hi Forever blue
    I am also from the uk with three girls. In the opposite situation I'm afraid and desperate for a son. Yes I also think is four children too many however the dream to fulfil my desire is greater therefore another child won't harm especially if it's going to be the gender we desire so much. I have looked into swaying for some time now and although the ladies on this forum have great results I want a 100% therefore have decided to have PGD. I have looked into a few clinics and have made my mind up about a clinic in dubai. Hopefully all being well we will proceed early next year. Best of luck on your journey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the UK, with 4 boys, 9,7,5,1. It is hard work, but it can be so lovely too. I don't think dividing time is too difficult, you just have to be aware. I get all day with the youngest while the others are at school. They eldest 2 do quite a few clubs so I get time with the 5 year old while they are out and the little one is asleep. I make time to do special things one to one with the older ones. Like on Thursday ds2 and I are going out together, he has some money he has saved up so we will go spend that and get some lunch.
    I won't lie, I'm struggling with the gender desire at the moment, I have a history of depression and the two things are combining and making my life very difficult right now. But even so, I wouldn't go back and decide not to have a 4th. I just kind of wish he'd been twins and one was a girl. Then I wouldn't now be in this situation of driving myself mad wanting a girl and not knowing if it will ever happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

6. Likes Mrsshaw liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi forever,
    I know exactly how you feel - most people on here have the same worries as you so you're definitely in the right place! I spent months doing lots of research and discussing it carefully with my husband (I too have never done forums before and am not at all tech-savvy!) we have decided to have a go and now I have stopped worrying about all the things you mentioned. We decided that if we could possibly do it, we wouldn't ever be happy until we had at least given it a go. Although I still worry, I know I'm doing the right thing. Once you make a decision - either way- you will feel much better.
    I've just had my pre-testing done in London and am going to America in August. I'm by no means an expert but I know how overwhelming this process is at first so feel free to pm me if you want. I know I couldn't have done this without the help of certain ladies on here! Xx
    Me 29 dh 28
    1 (3) 2 (1)
    Off to HRC in Aug 2015 to hopefully complete our family with a

8. Likes Mrsshaw, Pinkdreamz liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember mine and hubbies vague conversations about it all at start and him say yeah yeah and then the next I was doing pre testing and taking meds that was just over a year ago and seems a long time I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant with my little girl and it still don't seem real no one knows how we got her apart from my closet friend and oldest son I have 3 boys aged 13/8/4 and yes 4 seems daunting but I know she will be worth it
    This forum and the girls here are a wealth of knowledge and info and without them I wouldn't of had a clue I did pre testing in London and went to hrc and was a ohw and will gladly answer any questions xx

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies I hope you don't mind me joining you, I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with boy number 3 and I to am desperate for a girl !
    Can anyone recommend the top clinics as I will be trying this in 2016 ? How long do you need to be away for ? I've looked at farah in Jordan but worried about safety? Also two in Czech but not sure how to get round it being illegal there and genesis in Cyprus? Any advice or help or support would be great ! Thank you so much x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on pregnancy and not sure on Jordan but lots of Czech girls on here and a few genesis even though don't think gensis success rates are great at minute and only fish not full testing of embryos like the Czech clinic but it's illegal in Czech so can be a bit harder to get info but girls on here who have been will help I'm sure I went to Dr potter at hrc x

12. Thanks Mrsshaw thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi hun..I think most of us on here understand how you feel.i was so depressed after my number 5 son I spent weeks in hospital. I adore all my boys but this longing for a girl is overwhelming. .my hubby totaly understands which is a blessing and also my parents. im going to give it 3 cycles and then call it a day if ive had no luck. but I know in my heart I tried everything possible for my much wanted daughter..like you I was looking at swaying but I couldnt risk the disappointment knowing this would be my last child..I think my sons would like a sister aswel and she'l definitely have alot of brothers looking after her lol xx
    21 18 13 7 4 and our ht 10 months...

Swaying and praying for our

Our sway worked baby girl joining our blue gang in November

14. Thanks Mrsshaw thanked for this post
    Likes Remustroy liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast