Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink I need some pink in my life

Hello all!

Consider me another IG user. I love the information on that board, but it loads so slowly. I don't know if they need a bigger server/better host...I don't know. Anyway, I'm happy to find you all!

I have a long post ahead so be warned.

I have been reading like mad and I found this sticky very helpful: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...Your-Pink-Sway

But I can't seem to find all the answers I'm looking for and I would love a few opinions. Maybe I'm not reading in the place though. Please feel free to point me in the right direction. I love reading!

I'm 28. DH is 29. We have two sons that are 8 and 2 1/2.

I have had mild girl envy for a while especially because I have over 20 friends/acquaintances that have had girls the past year and a half, including my sister in law. I never had a sister or close relationship with my mother so maybe this contributes to the longing also.

Neither of my pregnancies were planned. The 8 yo. was born 34 week premature and needed a blood transfusion after he was born due to a rupture in his umbilical cord. My 2 1/2 yo. had single umbilical artery, but blessedly did not have any other problems. It was definitely a high risk pregnancy though and would subsequently cause other pregnancies to be high risk.

I have PCOS although I am not the standard "look a like" for PCOS girls. I am average/thin and I have no other conditions contributing to or stemming from the PCOS that I know of. I suspect I have had it all my adult life, but did not get really bad until after I had my second son.

I have almost always had regular periods though they became irregular after the birth of the second son. My cycles are regular again. I am mostly symptomatic in other ways: difficulty losing weight, hirsutism, male pattern baldness/thinning hair, rapid weight gain if I go off of metformin, irregular and heavy periods and acne if I do not take saw palmetto and/or vitex, etc.

my first question is related to PCOS. How many women here have successfully gotten pregnancy with girls and had a healthy pregnancy all while dealing with PCOS? Please point me to the right threads and I will read.

My cycles are mostly regular, but I'm still having a difficult time pin pointing my exact day of ovulation. I have EWCM for days followed very thin, almost transparent mucous days and this mucous does not dry up or change form quickly. Occasionally I will have mittelschmerz and/or light spotting on the suspected day of ovulation, but that is not every cycle. Literally, the mucous/discharge will last for over a week in total.

my second question is: is it worth spending money on an ovulation predictor kit or something like that? Should I start temping? Any other recommendations? I work overnights so my schedule is really screwed up and am concerned that my body temperatures will never be totally accurate or reliable.

I am not on hormonal birth control right now. We do a combination of barrier and rhythm. I generally know when I'm supposed to be fertile and abstain or use barrier since we are still currently trying to avoid pregnancy. Speaking of supplements, that leads me to my third question:

Can you ladies evaluate my girl friendly supplements and let me know what else I should consider or get rid of?

per day:

- Regular multi-vitamin (not prenatal)
    - Calcium + D 600mg/200mg
    - Saw Palmetto 320mg
    - fish oil 1000mg
    - metformin 500mg

per night:

- benadryl 50mg
    - flexeril (muscle relaxer) 10mg
    - ritalin (at work) 10-20mg

I do not currently take vitex because of the saw palmetto and it seems to control the symptoms of PCOS a little bit better.

My fourth, fifth, and sixth question:

Do you ladies think it is a good idea to take both vitex and saw palmetto together?

I think I may need to get rid of the fish oil, too, since I read that may be more boy friendly. Yes?

Would taking more metformin per day help things?

my seventh question:

DH takes Zoloft (anti-depressant), calcium, MVI, and fish oil. I read that anti-depressants may sway girls, but I'm not sure if it will help if it is coming from a man versus the woman taking it.

Do you think DH's medication choices may have a helpful girl impact? If so, we may add liquorice root and other things...

The reason I ask is because I read here that men create equal amounts of XX and XY sperm so I'm not sure about his meds?

8th question:

I have regular ph testing strips. Are these good for testing the vag's ph and if so, how are in does the sample need to come from?

I think that's it for now. Thank you so much for reading. I appreciate any response or direction I may receive. Thanks again and I look forward to being part of this community!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First, welcome! Second, I would copy this post and place it in the Swaying forum if you haven't done so already so they will see it. We have a great group here and lots of information. Good luck!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to cross post or not. I was able to find a few almost answers since I posted this. I will go post where you recommended. Thanks again.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Since you reposted this in the swaying section I'll answer it there, but just wanted to say welcome!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    +1

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Sending all my pink dust your way
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies!
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads