Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to IVF/PGD

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy New to IVF/PGD

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie to IVF/PGD and even forums!! I've been reading some posts and lots of abbreviations that I don't understand so please bear with me (I did say I was new).

I'm an older person (43yrs boohoo!) desperate to get pregnant. My husband already has 5 daughters from his first marriage. I know I'm running out of time so I'm wanting to start treatment ASAP. I'm looking at Embio in Athens Greece as I read that Dr Thanos Paraschos is one of the first to carry out this treatment? Has anyone used this clinic or have any feedback or advice? I would like sons as my husband already has 5 daughters. Obviously all I want are healthy children but to please my husband with boys would be a bonus!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome

If you become a dream member (I think it is $12 for a year's subscription) you will have access to the ht section of the site where the ht 'experts' tend to hang out. They may be able to help you.

I have not heard of anyone from here cycle there, but others may know of success stories.

Good luck
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

3. Likes Meems liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. At 43, ivf with your own eggs will be difficult. Have you had pretesting done or are you just starting out?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Likes Meems liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for not replying I'm still getting used to this app!! Thanks to both for your replies. Nuthinbutpink - I'm just starting out so all I know so far is that I have no blockages and my AMH is 13.2 (apparently due to my age). Doctors say I have a low chance which upset me but me I think low chance is better than no chance so still want to go ahead. GP says I have what they call unexplained infertility which I think is terrible as it means if there isn't a reason then they can't do anything. At this point I'm just wanting to find recommended IVF clinics. I'm looking at three and comparing costs between care in UK, Thai superior art in Thailand and Embio in Greece. Any advice or recommended IVF clinics greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you looked the clinic R is CZ. They don't offer PDG for GS but Thanks to your age, you'll be allow to have PDG and If lucky enough, to choose your embryo.
    Already have a marvelous and I cycled mid November 2013 to conceive our HT

7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 5 HB sent for CGH test, 5 healthy HB!!! 3 xx !

We transferred the first one on January the 9th and I was pregnant, BUT I had to let go my little girl on March the 19th at 12 weeks because she had to many malformations (nothing to do with chromosomes)...

After two cancelled FET because of too thin lining, we found out that I have synechias because of abortion. Will have to undergo a surgery beginning of September (hysteroscopy and laparoscopy) to sort out my problems. Hope to have a natural FET end of 2014/ very beginning of 2015 and finally have my DD!!!

Dear G'd, please makes my remaining xx become my so dear girl

So remember: forget about the number of eggs. Only the quality matters at the end!!!

"You are the master of your own destiny", I am trying to stick on this though and hope I am right!

8. Thanks Meems thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it's impossible as I am 42 1/2 and almost 5 months pregnant (own eggs) BUT it took 3 retrievals to get 2 normals 1 boy and 1 girl. One thing that really saved me was not having DOR at 42 I put out 12, 10 and 18 eggs for those three retrievals.

Get your pretesting assessment and bank on 3 tries...
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

10. Thanks Meems thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to you both. Jany1025 I can't afford 3 tries so praying it will be quicker. Just the thought of not having children due to money mortifies me and makes me so angry that something so important is so expensive.
    Petitepuce- what does it mean to choose your own embryo? How would I know what I'm looking at? Please forgive me if that's a stupid question but I'm just starting out so still learning.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not impossible - I did PDG at 44 and 45 (after having 3 DS's naturally at 38, 41 and 43). Sadly had a m/c at 9 weeks which was hard but got a healthy XX both times, second time a fully tested one, although that time was a tandem cycle and I put my own XX and donor XX back. Someone on here went to Embio and was not successful so not sure I would recommend. The clinic in CZ is certainly much cheaper and has good results and given you don't have any children yourself, presume that if you only got a girl you would be happy to put back anyway? Good luck x

13. Thanks Meems thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ever hopeful. Yes I'd be happy with either but I know my husband would be slightly disappointed as he wants a boy but at the end of the day I'm sure he'll be ok in the end. What is the name of this other clinic? I don't know what the abbreviations are as this is all new to me. Also what do you mean the second time a fully tested one? Donor eggs isn't an option as my husband refuses.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Search for clinic R and then send a PM to someone who has recently cycled there - Lisvna or NBP would be able to help you. GS is illegal in CZ hence the reason the name is not on this forum. The first time my embyo's were only FISH tested (which means that 5 chromosomes were ok, but there was more than likely a problem with one of the other 18 which caused my m/c), Secone time all 23 chromosomes were tested which makes the chance of a succesful outcome much higher (although sadly a m/c can still happen). At 43 you reallly do need to move quickly with this as every month counts and you might need two/three retrievals to get a healthy embie. Good luck. xx

16. Thanks Meems thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast