Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! New to GD and feeling very lost and overwhelmed.

Hi mummys,

I'm 25, from the UK and I've been looking into PGD + IVF for about 10 months now, since we found out that our third beautiful baby was a third boy . We did a medium attempt at a sway for a girl with both our second and third sons but with no luck. Four children is our absolute limit so this is my last shot at getting the DD we've always dreamed of!
    Before our eldest son we were pregnant with a DD but lost her during the second trimester due to a fall. Have been desperate to fall pregnant with another girl ever since.

I've been on IG a bit and now on here, just trying to gather as much information as possible. There is so much to take in and its all very scary and overwhelming . I keep going around in circles with my decisions. Ultimately I think we are going to go for it, probably at the beginning of the new year and in the US (although would be very interested to hear about success stories from clinics outside of the US and prices etc.), its just very daunting and there are so many 'What ifs'.

Anyway, if anyone could point me in the right direction or share any information they have it would be greatly appreciated. Currently setting up free phone consults with Dr. Potter and Dr. Braverman, does anyone have any success stories from either of them (or anyone else for that matter)?

Thanks

Bella x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!

Start posting in the ht dream member Hun, most of the ht ladies post there and you can read all of the cycle diaries from clinics all over the world. Good luck Hun!

2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

3. Thanks Bella-Rose thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; April 13th, 2021 at 01:02 PM.

5. Thanks Bella-Rose thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. At 25, you should be successful anywhere you try. That is super young for IVF. I would start reading in the member section and get some pretesting done after you have had a consult.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

7. Thanks Bella-Rose thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for the replies and for being so welcoming and positive! It's so easy to feel like you are all alone in this, especially in the UK where it is such a taboo subject.

Nuthinbutpink are there standard pretests that need to be done (and if so what are they?) or do they vary from patient to patient?

I'll start going through all the material in the HT section. It looks like there is loads (and just when I thought I'd begun to scratch the surface).

Thanks x

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Click on the link in my signature and give that a read. That will go over the basics.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brilliant! Thank you so much, this document is so helpful!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for your loss.

at 25 you have a great chance. Good luck and wishing you all the best.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic! It's all so overwhelming and nerve-wracking. Although I just had a consultation with Dr. Braverman and he was really relaxed and positive about the whole thing, it was very reassuring.
    Does anyone have any opinions on doing a Frozen Embryo Transfer instead of a Fresh Transfer? He said they don't get the test results back fast enough after day-5 testing so they have to do a FET. He said he thinks its better anyway because you aren't so full of meds and hormones and he thinks there is no real risk to the embryo from freezing or thawing. It would also be easier logistically because although we'd have to fly out twice we would only have to stay for a few days each time so we wouldn't have to leave the kids so long.
    Any thoughts?

xx