Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New and older Aussie Mum - girl swaying

Hi. I already am blessed with 3 beautiful children (7 yr old boy, 5 year old girl and 3 year old boy). I recently did a girl sway (with help from ingender website) and got a BFP, however, sadly I miscarried at the 10 week Mark and had to have an emergency D & C followed by a blood transfusion. It was extremely traumatic and I'd been convinced that our sway had worked and that I was carrying our second little girl. It was to have been our 4th and final child as I am 43 years young and my DH is 45. I was desperate to give our one little girl a sister as I myself had grown up with sisters, plus I wanted to experience the joy of one more little girl baby. It is just over 6 weeks since my miscarriage and I am still not quite over it yet (had been a bit anaemic and sick with UTI), but I still have a strong desire to try again one last time. I am sure many people will think I must be stupid or crazy to contemplate ttc again, but motherhood has been the best thing in life I have ever experienced an I just wanted to experience the joys of pregnancy and childbirth and a newborn to cherish one last time. With my first child I was 36, then I was 38 when I had my second and then 40 when I had my third. These three pregnancies had no complications and resulted in three healthy normal babies being born. So to experience this miscarriage (and on the one and only time of swaying) was a complete and utter shock to me and DH. Anyone else experienced similar or have any advice on natural ways of trying to prevent miscarriage? Thanks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm very sorry about your loss. I also miscarried my "girl sway" baby this year at 9wks and it sounds similar to your experience as I ended up with a trip to emergency after passing out from the blood loss, then two blood transfusions and a d&c. It was a very scary and traumatic experience and I also felt unsure about trying again for some time afterwards. My GP did explain that 1 in 4 pregnancies don't make it but it still doesn't make you feel any better when it happens to you.

Good luck with trying again

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have my guide to swaying after a miscarriage here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...scarriage.html

I think I went over a lot of this in your other thread but did want to give you my condolences on your loss. They do become more common as we get older but some women are still able to conceive and have a healthy happy pregnancy. I got my daughter at 42. Wishing you the very best and let me know how I can help.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes Kitty0911 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Purple and Atomic Sagebrush. It's soooo nice that there are some of you here on this website who are positive and encouraging. I've recently had to put up with people telling me I'm too old and just be grateful for the three I already have (which of course I am) and people giving me rude and judgemental comments when I confessed to being a bit sneaky with conceiving the last baby. On another of my threads I had a mlenger or someone similar name ask me if I'm going to go behind my DHs back this time so I've chosen to click the ignore button. It's very upsetting after having gone through such a traumatic miscarriage. Purple - you have my deepest sympathy Hun. I'm so sorry that you did a girl sway and then experienced that awful miscarriage. It's horrible to get to nearly the end of the first trimester and then miscarry. I hope your next girl sway is a success. Xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic Sagebrush - I have also sent you a pm, but I know how busy you are so there's no rush. I went to buy the Coq10 today but got confused as the only one I could find said not Equinol but 'ubidecarenone.' Is ubidecarenone the same thing as Equinol maybe? They're expensive things aren't they? Also Atomic Sagebrush - what vitamins did you take when you conceived your DD Hun? Just asking since you were 42 and I am 43. Thanks in advance.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PM's are not always the best way to get thru to me because I get tons of them and many are very long, so it takes me a while to get through all of them.

Ubiquinol is the form you want. It's already broken down, and becasue we gradually lose hte ability to break down Coq10 as we age it's better to get the already broken down type. Yes it's ghastly expensive, if you can't afford it no worries, it's just something that may help a bit.

Shockingly I did not take ANY vitamins when I conceived her. I was 41 when I got pg, 42 when I had her, and I did not think I had ANY chance at all of conceiving. We weren't even really trying, just not really preventing most of the time, and I had just abandoned all hope of it ever happening. I had even stopped folic acid a month or two before because I heard it may cause cancers to grow faster (it doesn't cause cancer, just may make already existing ones grow quicker) I do NOT recommend doing that, I would never have done it if I'd have known I would get pregnant that month!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ