Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

40 and going for a girl with ivf/icsi/pgd

Hi all. I'm a 40 year mother to 3 wonderful young men ages 11, 13 and 18. My previous husband is their father. I have been married to their Step-dad for six years and have been talking to him about trying for a girl for 5 years. He is 54 with a vasectomy and already has a son and a daughter ages 27 and 24. He has finally come around to the idea and is very excited about it so we are doing ivf with icsi and of course pgd for chromosomal testing which will tell us if they are girl embryos or boy embryos. I've been reading and researching all of this and I'm a bit worried about my age. I don't feel forty but I don't think that matters in ivf. I have seen and read about all of the women who haven't had one child because of infertility and I sometimes think that I may be asking for too much. However, I have been thinking about a girl for a long time and it just is not going away. We were going to do ivf last year but we stopped because we were almost going to have to move back to the mainland (we live in Hawaii) So we were already set up with a fertility clinic in Honolulu. After the job opportunity changed to a move from Oahu to Maui I called the clinic. I'm a year older though but very optomistic because it feels right and all is seeming to be moving along in a unforced manner. I see some of you who are mothers of 3 boys in this forum so maybe you have some insight to share. I'm a bit concerned that possibly I get few embryos and they are all boys. I keep manifesting several snow babies (looking to do a FET frozen embryo transfer to increase pregnancy rate) and enough girls to get pregnant. I would love twin girls as well. We will see. My cycle has started. I starts stims around December 1st and egg retrieval is around December 12th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. Good luck to you! What was your pretesting like? What is your AFC, FSH, AMH? What protocol and dosage of meds did they put you on? I encourage you to become a Dream Member so you can access all the other people that are currently cycling. We do Cycle Diaries for each person so we can follow along with you in the member section!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your response. I don't have any pretesting results. I am doing the Antagonist protocol and I don't have my baseline til next Friday. I should know then I guess. I'll sign up as a member tomorrow. Thanks for your advice.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Hun, did your clinic not run blood tests, scan you etc before giving you your protocol? This is your pretesting for them to see how you might respond to the cycle. Which clinic are you using? Wishing you good luck x
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, welcome, and good luck!!

You may want to look into donor eggs or embryos as they may be the best way to get your DD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittybear View Post
    Hi Hun, did your clinic not run blood tests, scan you etc before giving you your protocol? This is your pretesting for them to see how you might respond to the cycle. Which clinic are you using? Wishing you good luck x
    They did take my blood but I didn't get the results because the ivf coordinators have changed and been really busy. I did have an saline ultrasound and all is normal. I have 8 follicles on one side and 9 on the other. I got the head ivf coordinators contact and I will ask those results. I'm going to The Fertility Institute of Hawaii with Dr. Frattarelli. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittybear View Post
    My clinic is The Fertility Institute of Hawaii with Dr. Frattarelli. The took my blood so probably but the ivf coordinators I've had have been either too busy or distracted. I finally got the head ivf coordinators contact and will ask her for these numbers. I only know I have 17 follicles. A bit frustrated with the idea for coordinators but I know the clinic is really good. Thanks for your good luck wishes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    Hi there. Good luck to you! What was your pretesting like? What is your AFC, FSH, AMH? What protocol and dosage of meds did they put you on? I encourage you to become a Dream Member so you can access all the other people that are currently cycling. We do Cycle Diaries for each person so we can follow along with you in the member section!
    Help please. Where do I go to become a dream member?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi, welcome, and good luck!!

You may want to look into donor eggs or embryos as they may be the best way to get your DD.
    Thanks. This is my first ivf so I will see how it goes but I am open to doner eggs. Thanks for the input. I know I sound like I don't know much cuz I don't in this area yet but DD is desired daughter right?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I'm on the oral contraceptive Antagonist protocol. I don't have the other test results. I'll get them. I am a dream member now so I'll check out the ivf cycle diary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast