Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: introduction

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love introduction

Hi there! (sorry if my post is all over the place I am feeling very overwhelmed and a bit confused and don't know where to start)

Just wanted to introduce myself I am 34 yrs old and my DH is 37 we have 3 boys aged 11,7 and 4. DH husband and I have decided to try for one more baby and we would love a girl to add to our family. We did not sway with the boys and really didn't know much about it at the time. We have been TTC from May this year. Before we began (also before I found gender dreaming) I purchased my personalised lunar calendar from dr jonas and I have been only trying in my girl months. I have also been BD about 3 days before ovulation. In the last few months i have been doing the LE diet, taking cal/mag, saw palmetto, vitex, progesterone (have low progesterone),
    calcium d glucanate and myomin - to lower oestrogen (have now stopped as it is to low now)Chromium (to help with blood sugar) Last couple of weeks Metformin 500g slow release. I have had pcos from a young age and now adenmyosis. I have never been overweight and have been able to conceive fairly easily. My testosterone levels have dropped very low over the last couple of years but DHT was still high thats why I am taking saw palmetto.

DH husband is taking cal/mag and for the last couple of weeks licorice root and has cut out red meat. My PH levels seem to be steady at 4.5. I once tried acigel but it went up so I stopped. Might use refresh this time.

I am about a week and a half away from ovulation and TTC this cycle. I am going to cut out timing this time around as i am not conceiving and from what I have read on here it is not as important as some of the other sway tactics.
    I am really nervous and overwhelmed (especially as this is our last child and I so desperately would love a girl) and you are all so nice and supportive on this site I decided to join to get some support. I also purchased a plan i know I'm so close to O and TTC this cycle but I thought it can't hurt to get a little extra advice.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome 3 boys.

Dr. Jonas calendar doesn't work at all so I'd not skip any more months. It's your sway of course but I just hate to see people skip months for no reason.

Saw plmetto and Vitex also can lower estrogen so if yours is low you may need to drop them too. I would normally have a person drop them after 3-6 months if no BFP anyway.

dropping timing...please do keep one attempt though if you can. I would have you have that one attempt either the day of positive OPK or day before your ovulation. If your cycle is really irregular and unpredictable you may want to try every 4 day method instead (that's just having unprotected sex every 4 days)

I would have hubby avoid periods of long abstain or many back to back releases for days on end because he may not have enough "troops" to get you pregnant if you're doing those things.

You know that licorice root shoudl ONLY be taken for 2 weeks straight, right?? After 2 weeks on LR he needs the rest of the month off even if you don't ovulate for a while. AFter 6 months on it, he should drop it totally, can't quite tell form your post how long he's been on it??? I would not add it in now if that is what is happening.

When are you taking the progesterone and what kind is it??? Gotten on prescription or not?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic sagebrush,

Thank you so much for your advice! You have already helped me so much reading all your posts and essays!. You are very kind and knowledgable.

Yes I'm am beginning to wonder about the Dr Jonas method thank you for your thoughts on this. I have been so worried about dropping this and frustrated with all the missed attempts.

After I received all my information yesterday from gender dreaming (and then looking back on all your posts about this) I am now definitely going to do the one attempt or every 4 days. However However when I use normal opk sticks I struggle to get a strong positive and with the clear blue digital they always give me false positives first (they are so annoying!)

I have only been on the vitex for roughly a month and a half so I'm not sure whether this month it might bring ovulation forward. My cycles are now about 30 days long (usually ovulate on day 16) years ago they used to be all over the place and a lot longer. Since taking progesterone (natural progesterone in a troche form with a script- Taken form o - 2 days before AF) and reducing oestrogen my periods are also a lot lighter now than they used to be.

I have been taking the saw palmetto for a couple of months this has helped with the occasional break out.

DH has only been on the licorice root from when Af started this month - I have been a bit scared with this one. He is a very energetic person and works long hours and I didn't want to mess with him to much. But since he has been taking it has been feeling very tired and struggling to get up in the morning. I feel a bit sorry for him but it is only for two weeks. We started frequent release a couple of days ago and I tested his PH last night it was at 7. I think your right the frequent release is to much and maybe its not necessary and might just hinder our attempt. DH husband is one of four boys himself not sure if that means anything? He is fit and doesn't drink or smoke. I have asked him to cut out meat for a couple of weeks.

Given that his ph is at 7 should i bother adding the cranberry to his list of supplements?

My ph is about 4.5 without any refresh so I don't think I will take cranberry. I did however after reading through my GD info decide to take low does asprin but I only just started this today don't know if it will make a difference at this late stage? Might still help with implantation though?

I feel like Im getting really obsessive and going a bit crazy!

I don't normally eat that much and I always skip breakfast but now that I'm eating less and not having my super green drinks etc Im really starting to feel the effect of this diet. I have been monitoring my blood sugar in the morning its around 4.5and after eating doesn't really go above 6.2 - I really don't know if these levels are low enough. (Im taking chromium and a small does of metformin which was given to me by a doctor for my insulin resistance)

Should I BD every four day or just try the opk's again?

I can't thank you enough for listening and all your advice and thoughts. Sometimes you can feel a bit lost and alone in this journey and GD provides such amazing support for so many experiencing the same feelings.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The nice thing about the every 4 day method is that it helps everyone who don't get good results with OPK. I'd just let those go and do every 4 days and save yourself the stress.

if the V and SP are working for you then carry on - totally at your discretion. with the progesterone, some peopel are taking it at the wrong time of the month or using herbal kinds that don't work so I just wanted to be sure you were doing ok with htat.

The last few months the LR has been getting bad results anyway. I am not sure if this is a "real" finding or not becuase we did get good results with it before, but I would def. drop it if he's not feeling well on it.

DH pH of 7 is great anyway, I would not worry about that at all.

Genetics don't run in families the way you're thinking of it, it's totally possible for a man with 4 brothers to have daughters (just ask Ryan Reynolds and Joss Whedon, they're 4/5 brother families and both have girls)

The baby aspirin I have moved way from. It's better than cranberry for those who feel they have to take something, but the risks and side effects have been much more than we recognized at first and the results have been neutral. If you really believe in pH, it's better than cranberry, if you don;t, I'd give it a pass or give to DH.

Please don't monitor your blood sugar unless you need to do that for your health. We don't know if the numbers themselves even mean anything or if it's individual to everyone. Plus it gives you something to obsess over that you don't need. The metformin will take care of everything.

Can you skip breakfast with the Met??? Some need to eat it when on Metformin and if you need that, it's ok. WE have had people who needed to eat breakfast becasue of medication or work and still got girls doing that.

You're very welcome!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!

So this what i think I will do...

Rephresh every 3 day
    Bd every 4 day - day 11 and 15 day 15 should be o-1
    Stick with the Vitex and saw palmetto to day 14
    Keep skipping breakfast ( doesn't seem to effect me) no snacking le
    Keep the cal/mag , metformin and aspirin
    Dh stick with licorice root for now ( he said he feel as though he has gained weight around his stomachs which I thought would a good think as that means an increase in estrogeon?
    Dh stick with cal/mag I think has helped the ph
    Stop frequent release
    Thank you again - fingers crossed xxx

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great to me!!! Let me know if you don't get preggo in a reasonable time and we'll fiddle with that to up odds of conception.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

I'm not sure where to post this question? But I have been ttc this month and I am on cd 17 and I have had 5 days of positive opks. Judging by a slight shift in temps I ovulated a couple of days ago. I'm really confused? Could it be the vitex? I stopped that cd 14 though?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes vitex can do that even when you've stopped it beforehand. Just DTD every 4 days to cover whenever eggo shows up.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you do it every 4 days , then day 15 is right around ovulation time . Doesn't that favor boy since it's close to the peak?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway. It's been 1000% debunked and most of us on here have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites and that is a huge reason why we started this site to begin with - all those old, outdated recommendations that had no basis in modern science and hadn't worked for us. I got 3 of 4 boys with 2-4 day cutoffs (and probably the other one too, he was a sneak attack) and then finally got my girl in Shettles boy timing.

I have an essay on it here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast