Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Considering gender swaying for a girl in 2016

Hi everyone,

I am a 35 year old mum to three fantastic children. I have a DD and two DS. I had my DD first and did not try anything to get a girl just wanted to get pregnant. I was delighted with my healthy DD, I then got pregnant again when DD was 8 month, I knew nothing about swaying at this time. I welcomed DS1 9 months later, I then decided I wanted baby number three and really wanted a second DD, my DD also wanted a sister. I started to research swaying at that stage after a friend mentioned it to me. We planned to start trying in the October but I found out a few weeks after I started researching that I was pregnant, it was a total surprise and therefore unplanned. I had a very stressful pregnancy with DS2 due to mistakes by the hospital but welcomed a healthy DS2. My husband is happy with our family and I was happy to stop at 3, however,over the past six months I have been thinking alot about how I would really like another DD, my DD also complains that she does not have a sister, which upsets me. I am getting on in years and feel that I need to make a decision soon. My DH is not on board with the gender swaying idea, he is not against having another baby, though I would admit he is more on the side of not trying. He does not agree with trying to sway and as it is not certain that it will work he thinks it is not worth it.

I have so many questions:

This area/forum seems huge, where do I start?
    If I have a DD conceived without swaying does that increase my odds of having one with swaying iyswim?
    I am so confused as to whether to try or not? I worry about how I would feel about the baby if it was another boy and the impact it would have on DD to have another brother when she so wants a sister.
    I am so torn between counting my blessing, I have three fantastic children, one of which is a girl and leaving it at that and thinking but what if...., I worry that because I now know that there is a method of increasing the odds of having a girl that later in life I will regret not trying?

Anyway sorry for the essay and I look forward to getting to know you ladies better, it will be lovely to have some company on this lonely place.
    Ps: can someone tell me if this is not the appropriate part of the forum to post, is there a searching for advice part?

Thanks in advance

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! I'm in almost exactly the same boat as you except I had my dd in the middle! I just can't get the image of a sister for my dd out of my head so I'm rolling the dice. I'm at peace with another gorgeous son though. I don't think I could sway unless I was
    2009 2011 2014 and hoping to complete us :

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! You are posting in the right place to introduce yourself! If you have specific questions, it's best to start a new thread in the TTC girl under the Natural Gender Swaying section.

It's totally normal to have the thoughts/fears that you do. Remember that anyone has a 50/50 chance at any gender, regardless! Some people may be set more towards a particular gender, but they still have a 50/50 shot doing nothing!

Stick to what sways the most: LE diet(s), exercise (if you can do the 4-6 days of 1 hour cardio), and one attempt (either at positive opk OR BDing every 4 days when AF ends). Extras that are good to add are: Fiber before meals, alcohol, and going vegetarian.

Everyone MUST take a Folic Acid supplement!!

FX and GL to both of you!!

DS1🏼, DS2, DS3

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks yarranabbe, good to know am not alone, I think your so right, I need to decide if am happy to have another ds and if I am I should go for it, if not I should not. I cannot imagine myself not loving and been totally obsessed with any newborn whatever the gender, it's just that I fear that I would be different. I suppose I would definitely find out the sex, which would give me time to deal with any negative emotions and process all that before baby arrived. I will follow your journey with interest! When are you going to start ttc? Best of luck to you!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks xxforhubby, I am such a novice at this, that advice is so comprehensive, I have found the amount of information on this forum overwhelming! I will post on the ttc girl page!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I think we chatted a bit yesterday in a different thread and I answered most of these q's there - please let me know if I missed anything.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ