Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Drop L-arginine right away. It's not something you can pump and dump out, it actually alters your hormone levels and this may come out in your milk. It also hasn't worked for us for swaying anyway (I have seen quite a few ladies who took it, get girls) and may make it take longer for your cycle to come back.

I wouldn't take coq until the baby is bigger. It may lower blood sugar, and while I have no idea if this comes out in your milk or not, you have no reason to take it right now anyway and you're going to be getting enough via diet.

I also don't like you guys taking BOTH prenatal and B-complex without documented shortages. There is more than enough B vitamins in your prenatal already and you don't need them. They can really mess with your cycle too.

Re sodium, we have not found that eating tons of sodium is a good blue sway tactic. Just eat it to taste. I have no evidence this could affect baby negatively but I don't want to chance it. (if you just mean a normal amount of sodium don't worry about this, it's just that I know what they suggest on some of the other sites and it is too much!)

Also, I want you to be careful not to be focusing on "magic foods" like tomato and potato and instead be sure you're getting protein and carbs at every meal and snack. THere's nothing inherently boy friendly about a potato and it can take up calories that can be better "spent" on more nutrient dense, less fattening foods. It's fine if you like them but if you're eating, for example, a baked potato for lunch, without any protein to back it up, and thinking that is boy friendly, it isn't. (in fact that was what I ate at least 3 days a week when I got my daughter.) Protein + carbs together = boys and you don't want to gain too much weight so you don't want to be eating meat and potato and bread and nuts and fruit and veg. like some people think they have to, all at one sitting. Just protein + carbs
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic!

Wow, I obviously need some help! haha! I will drop the L-arginine, coq right away, and wean off the b-complex. I am just salting normally but just more frequently.

I have recently started reading more about protein + carb is more important. I got Lara protein bars I eat on the go in the Am (I am sure to work out, too). I also have started shakeology in the morning with water. Lunch is sandwich or ham, iceberg lettuce, tomato, salted salad, and ovenbaked potato chips or leftovers from dinner and green tea. Dinner has been a heavy meal... so, heavy I am struggling having a bedtime snack, but I've been at least having a glass of juice. Do I need to eat my fruit snacks with protein? [Also, full fat cheese with tacos and nachos, and cooking with full fat milk.

I am nervous, we will be moving from Korea the end of May/ beginning June, and will be buying a house in Louisiana but were wanting to maybe ttcing end of July-November. (I can't wait to be outside as much as possible!) But, that really depends on how the move goes and the stress.

Reviewing this, I will most likely need to buy a membership with a personalized plan... because I need to. haha! Really need to focus on my diet!

Thank you so much ladies!
    OUR CREW 01/2008, 08/2011, 12/2013, & 10/2015
    EDD Jun 2017! Swayed for IT'S A BOY!!!
    Thank you Genderdreaming & Atomic for everything!!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    I'm amazed that you managed to have the baby naturally after her being breech right up til the end and that your babies all turned so late! It's good you didn't need to be induced too and she could grow a bit more. My babies were all around 9 lbs, so yes, to me she was pretty tiny

I wish you luck whatever you do, try for another/sway or not. And congrats again with your little one!
    We were so very lucky that I had the one Dr not freaking out and he actually gave me options and that she was on the smaller side... what a stinker girl! Hahaha, 9lbs! Woo wee!

I also wish you luck and will be looking for your HT adventure!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok the iceberg and salt salad is junk, has to go. Please eat just about anything other than that. Iceberg lettuce has nothing of value nutritionally in it. Any dark leafy green will be better than that. I would also have you use some kind of salad dressing with some fat in it because you can't absorb nutrients from leafy greens without fat. As long as you're getting some carbs you are fine eating a salad for lunch, no worries about that, but lettuce and ham alone is not carby and the iceberg lettuce is a lot of chewing for not a lot of nutrients.

yes have protein even with fruit, when possible. If it's not possible, then just don't go that long after eating the fruit, to eat again. you're trying to keep your blood sugar from crashing and eating fruit alone causes blood sugar to go up, then crash. But by eating again soon, it never goes down.

If you're eating a big dinner it's ok to skip bedtime snack sometimes or every time really. The goal isn't really to just cross off meals on a checklist, it's keeping yourself full and getting a lot of nutrients. If you're stuffed and miserable you aren't going to be able to susstain this diet until July-November!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bre_cooper11 View Post

I also wish you luck and will be looking for your HT adventure!
    I meant that I WAS going to go HT in 2015, but then someone snuck in there all on her own So HT is no longer necessary for me and now we're officially done I am still a dream member though, due to my previous HT plans.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    I meant that I WAS going to go HT in 2015, but then someone snuck in there all on her own So HT is no longer necessary for me and now we're officially done I am still a dream member though, due to my previous HT plans.
    Oooh! Gotcha!! Congrats haha!!

9. Likes Claire33 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Ok the iceberg and salt salad is junk, has to go. Please eat just about anything other than that. Iceberg lettuce has nothing of value nutritionally in it. Any dark leafy green will be better than that. I would also have you use some kind of salad dressing with some fat in it because you can't absorb nutrients from leafy greens without fat. As long as you're getting some carbs you are fine eating a salad for lunch, no worries about that, but lettuce and ham alone is not carby and the iceberg lettuce is a lot of chewing for not a lot of nutrients.

yes have protein even with fruit, when possible. If it's not possible, then just don't go that long after eating the fruit, to eat again. you're trying to keep your blood sugar from crashing and eating fruit alone causes blood sugar to go up, then crash. But by eating again soon, it never goes down.

If you're eating a big dinner it's ok to skip bedtime snack sometimes or every time really. The goal isn't really to just cross off meals on a checklist, it's keeping yourself full and getting a lot of nutrients. If you're stuffed and miserable you aren't going to be able to sustain this diet until July-November!!!
    Thank you so much!

Great information! Makes sense too many empty calories in iceberg salad. Ugh. I love spinach , but read somewhere that the magnesium in it swayed girl. So basically, I started eating wheat, ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, wraps with mayo instead of the iceberg salad. No matter I always added fries or potato chips, however, that's what I was eating before dd#3 (iceberg salad, tomato, fried chicken w/Italian and side of fries). So, will change that.

Okay great to know!! I haven't been quite miserable, just full... which is the goal. Once Dh is more onboard or gives me an actual yes or no, I plan on becoming a member. Thank you again for all your advice!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah it's just a lot of chewing for not a whole lot of nutrition. You could have a spinach salad instead (or leaf lettuce if you're nervous about spinach) for the same amount of chewing and way more nutrients.

THe magnesium, I know that on some sites they claim it sways pink, but the best study ever done on maternal preconception diet and gender of offspring showed that moms who went on to conceive boys had higher intake of ALL nutrients including calcium and magnesium.

Fries and potato chips don't make boys. Again, pretty much just empty cals that could be better spent eating something better. I know it's hard when just this one site is flying in the face of "the other guys" but they are just mistaken about what really sways - it isn't minerals, it's the overall nutrient content of diet and you're just going to get such better results eating something with more going on than a sack of chips. If you want to keep the chips in the mix, up to you totally but try to pick healthier ones like SunChips or the kind that have beets, sweet potatoes, etc (they sound hideous but they're actually really good)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12