Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Long Overdue Update! Thanks for reading ladies!

Sorry, I am so late! In South Korea and so beyond busy, had no computer for sometime, and back to work!

So, just recap! We live in South Korea, only 15 miles south of the DMZ. I am a mommy of an 8-year-old son, 4.5-year-old Girl, 2-year-old girl and I was due in September. My son is from a pervious relationship, while I was active duty Army, although the 'bio' dad has never been there, but my husband has alway been there and is his daddy (I am very lucky).

I chose not to find out 100% if baby was a girl or boy , although, I was fairly sure from pervious ultrasounds. My husband did find out... it was a very interesting 20 weeks. haha! We were due 23 Sept 2015... the baby was breech at 39 weeks (just like my other 2 girls), so, we had to stay in a hotel by the hospital that was 2.5 hrs away in Seoul until the baby arrived. Baby did not come until 1 Oct 2015!
    We had another beautiful, amazingly, perfect baby girl! Emmalyn Frost. 6lbs 11oz, 19.5in. Tiny little overdue baby girl, came out nursing! lol

Name:  12074756_10154305251397942_6832641035197700949_n.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  93.8 KB

Attachment 29530

For the first 2 months I was beyond content with our 4 kids! I am not disappointed by my daughter or my kids in any way, however, my desire has grown each and every day for a baby boy! Because I know I can... I know we can. It's almost now a challenge (sounds crazy)... challenge accepted. My husband said he would consider our options... I do not think he will ever agree to HT, so, I told him if we are considering swaying then he must be in it! He agreed on this. The debate is when to try again. I am thinking sooner than later... Ive alway wanted the kids to grow up together and my husband is planning his exit from the Army, which could mean it just may not happen if we wait.

So, at this time we have both started on supplements. I am nursing, so, I am a bit more cautious about what supplements I am taking. DH has started the on the recommended supplements. I have been only drinking juice, green tea, and lemon water (normally I am a diet coke, coffee all day and just water). Also, gradually changing our diets and keeping my blood sugar up., which, has been super hard considering I am also trying to lose a bit more of the baby weight. I naturally eat only about 1700 cal at most a day (so girly). Also, we will be moving in May to Louisiana from Korea, so, this will play a factor into whether or not we plan to ttc in July/September/October/November due to the incredible amount of stress and chaos this will cause. I know we are lucky, but as you ladies can understand the desire just doesn't go away!

I am also considering becoming a dream member (should have done this after #2, haha) and looking into a personalized sway plan.

Thank you for reading and for the ladies who were interested in our story. Can I manage 5 kids 9 and under??????
    OUR CREW 01/2008, 08/2011, 12/2013, & 10/2015
    EDD Jun 2017! Swayed for IT'S A BOY!!!
    Thank you Genderdreaming & Atomic for everything!!!!

2. Likes XXforhubby, sharon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So good to hear from you Bre! I've thought of you often! Not sure if you remember me, but I was swaying for a DD for my DH. We ended up having our sweet DS2 on 11-21-2015! We aren't sure if we will go for #4 or not. We love having kids but also are looking forward to being done and enjoying what we have!

I think it's awesome you want another little man! You can handle it! Plus you'll have some help.

I would do the HE diet, prenatal with DHA, calcium with vitamin d. You can totally do 1700 cal! I always ate 1500-1800 with all of my boys! It's about grazing throughout the day to keep blood sugar up. Yes gaining a bit of weight sways blue, but if you still have weight to lose holding steady or losing slowly should be fine. Just don't do cardio alone! Do yoga, Pilates, weight lifting etc.

I would become a member and get a plan if you can swing it.

Have all my blue baby dust,
    - it's yours!

DS1🏼, DS2, & DS3 completes our family !

4. Likes bre_cooper11 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, XX!

Yes, of course I remember you! I wanted to update sooner! Congrats on your newest little man!

I feel badly because I would like to be settled, they're enough for me! However, the desire and ability is there.

it's great to hear I can still stay within my normal calorie intake. I have started grazing throughout the day and making more boy friendly meals. I am trying to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up but sometimes it's within 2hrs (so, working on this). I've always eaten breakfast, but consisted mostly coffee and wheat toast with natural peanut butter, alot of peanut butter... with a nibble here and nibble there. Or oh, its 1030 I should start eating my breakfast. I have always had an athletic build, but in recent years, I chose cardio more than with weights. Now, when I work out I am throwing all of this together. We both have started taking supplements, so, whatever we decide we will be more prepared this time!

I just fear I have missed my opportunities, 5 kiddos will be pushing it... doable but pushing it! I also look forward for when the making-babies-days are behind us and enjoying the kiddos we have.

Thanks again!!

6. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering what happened to you and what you ended up having! Congrats with your little girl! Did you end up having a breech delivery, c-section or did she turn in the end and you had a normal delivery?

I wish you luck with your potential sway. Are you sure you don't want to go HT? I'm thinking you might have access to cheap HT in Asia? Either way, being a dream member is the way to go I think. I am a dream member, as I was planning on going HT and I'm still following some of the women going HT. Enjoy your little one and I hope there is another DS for you in the future!

8. Likes bre_cooper11 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh she's beautiful Bre.

I am sorry it didn't go your way but you are truly blessed! There are some ladies on this site who think you have their dream family.

Can you tell me about what supps you were taking before and what you're taking now?? The supps we use for blue sways all should be great for nursing (except EPO/flaxseed) so if you were on some of the old-school supps before, I believe quite a few of them actually sway pink so this may be something we can tweak for next time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks bre_cooper11 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think that if you've gotten girls at 1700 cals it's best to eat more. The rules are different for those of us who've already had 2-3-4 boys than 2-3-4 girls. But you can certianly hold off on upping cals till 6 weeks or so before you plan to attempt to prevent excess weight gain. The key is "eating smarter, not harder!"
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks bre_cooper11 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the replies ladies!

Claire33, I wanted to update sooner! Didn't mean to bail! & Congrats on your little one!!!
    ...So, the Dr. I had was very willing to work with us, didn't rush us for a c-section. Mostly, because DD#1 &#2 were both breech at 37 and 38 weeks and with both I went in for the ECV and they had flipped on their own. With Emmalyn, because we lived 2.5hrs away (Seoul traffic is hell) they told us we needed to stay at the local hotel, so I could be monitored. At my 39wk appt we found out she was breech. The Dr set us up to come in at 40wks to be scanned and check position of baby and potentially do an ECV and then induce. I went in and my Dr was in surgery and another random Dr saw me. Baby turned but was basically still floating, so, she did not want to induce. I agreed, but recommended we still stay in the hotel. At my 40 wks check up, my regular Dr. offered to still induce do to unstable lie, however, we wanted to go into labor on our own.... 41+3, finally! She was still floating after 12 hrs of contractions and walking... After all this, I knew she was a girl- my girls are stubborn. In the end, I had a normal delivery! I am glad we did not induce at 39 or 40 wks (even though it was hell waiting) because she was only 6lbs 11oz at 41+3, she would've been a tiny little thing!

...I have also talked with my husband about HT. HT was not an option here in Korea because technically it is still the law they're not supposed to tell you the sex of the baby by ultrasound. Most clinics will only tell past 20 weeks but its never "it's a boy" "it's a girl"... more like... 'no penis' 'buy blue'. We are still weighting our options, but we are also gearing up to get out of the Army in few years, so, it's tough to convince my husband to spend the money on HT with the possibility of it not working, too. I think I mentioned it before, my son biologically is from a previous relationship and when we were talking about all of this my husband admitted he really didn't have his heart set on try for a boy ... I mean 3 girls later, maybe that should have come up? But, it's been good talking and working things out. We haven't said yes or no to swaying or HT, however, he has actively started taking supplements, weight training, and salting everything... his showers have been cooler too. So, it's still up in the air.

Thanks for thinking about me! I am still following ladies and Ill keep an eye out on you! If you go HT when do you think you guys will do it?

14. Likes Claire33 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic!

We are truly blessed! She was surely meant for our family!

So looking back, I thought I had changed my diet enough and didn't really expect to conceive so quickly after my first pp cycle. O was late, we BD'd too much and didn't properly prepare. I should have stopped and regrouped... DH is in the Army and drives in a patrol car 8-12 hrs a day, and working shift work he has a hard time fitting in ample PT and generally eats like crap, lol. His words.
    Around Nov & December 2014, I was eating more than I normally did, but I was at my lowest weight of my adult life. I started to quit drinking diet coke, but living off of coffee (always with stevia or truvia) and water only. Eating tons of meat, and healthy food, lots of salads. Breakfast always had wheat toast and peanut butter. Dh and I were DTD several days straight and then due to schedule conflicts days or weeks abstaining. Also, alot of cardio with out lifting weights...but I have always been naturally muscular. I also hate milk and love greek yogart.
    I was taking a
    *prenatal (low cal),
    *folic acid 1500mg,
    *Iron supp,
    *Potassium 99mg,
    *green tea supp.

Dh said he took some but if he did it was randomly (he also terrible memory issues due to TBI). He did drink coffee/red bull before BD and many O attempts...Typing this out makes me cringe at how bad it was, haha.

So now, IF we do decide to sway it will not be until the end of July- November then we will take a break if it doesn't happen for many personal reasons.
    No diet coke since December, if I need soda I drink full fat. Working on changing my lifestyle and doing the HE diet.
    Breakfast every morning but sometimes it's not until 1.5hrs after I was up (working on this). More tomatoes, potatoes, more red sauces. More fruits, and veggies...generally I fell like I am always eating or I have been drinking lemon water alll day, green tea, juice and still 1 cup of coffee a day (weaker). Plan to add pineapple juice with gelatin soon. Generally I feel like I am always eating or drinking something all the time.
    I am working out cardio but always doing some type of weight training.
    We have also been DTDing every 2-4 days since early Jan.
    I have been taking
    *I am using Bragg's nutritional yeast while cooking and extra sodium.
    *Prenatal (low Cal)
    *Wheat Grass Supplements (pill)
    *Vit D 1500mg
    *Folic Acid 1500mg
    *Fish Oil, omega 3 1000mg
    *Potassium 99mg
    *COQ-10
    *B complex
    *I am taking L-arginine 600mg when I go to work and before my work out and take my fish oil, and then I pump and dump a few hours later, just in case.

Husband is on all + multivitamin, TT, and pre work out supp NO2 (l-arginine and other supps).

Thanks for looking all of this. I was planning to have another sit down with my husband and see where he stands and then based on that becoming a dream member. Thanks again!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to note, I am very grateful for these babies boy or girl and Emmalyn was really made for our family. All my kids are totally in love. I don't see disappointment when I look at her just overwhelming love.

Thanks again ladies!

17. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm amazed that you managed to have the baby naturally after her being breech right up til the end and that your babies all turned so late! It's good you didn't need to be induced too and she could grow a bit more. My babies were all around 9 lbs, so yes, to me she was pretty tiny

I wish you luck whatever you do, try for another/sway or not. And congrats again with your little one!

19. Thanks bre_cooper11 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast