Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hoping for a princess but preparing for a prince - either way, it will be a fairytale! ❤

Hi there! I've been lurking for a couple of months and trying not to discuss TTC with family and friends, so here I am. DH (35) and I (33) have had two pregnancies resulting in two healthy boys, ages 11 and 5. We just built our first real family home after moving several times, and finally feel settled enough to add to the family again. We have agreed that if our third is a girl, we will probably feel our family is complete. If we have a boy, we will be thrilled (of course) but we will privately try IVF with gender selection for a girl about a year later. I love mothering boys, but I have brothers AND sisters and I think it's wonderful to have both. I love being a girl and I'd love to have a daughter to share the fun.

February was our first attempt at Baby #3, and I am currently in the 2WW. Against my better judgement I took a test 7dpo and got a BFN. It was way too early and i knew that, so it didn't phase me and I FEEL pregnant, but maybe it's all in my head- I think I'm pretty in touch with my cycle and body, though. Since O'ing I have felt heaviness and slight dull cramping and muscle ache in my pelvic area, had creamy discharge 5dpo and 6dpo, and I've been super bloated. I'm trying to decide whether to test tomorrow at 9dpo or to be patient and wait for AF to come or not come. DH is trying to stay a little detached until there is positive news. He's expecting it will take a few cycles, which is wise.

With both of our boys, we DTD on the exact day I ovulated. Our first took one try, our second took two tries. I looked into the Shettles Method recently and then found this site, and when all was said and done I was just completely at a loss for how to approach TTC a girl. LOL! So we just ended up doing things differently than we did when we conceived the boys. I was very fit when we conceived them and in perfect health, eating well and getting lots of sleep. I sort-of let myself go this year due to the stress of building/moving/working, so I've gained 15 pounds since last February and my BMI is at an all-time high/muscle tone at an all-time low because I fell off of the fitness wagon. I've also been stress eating with total abandon, and not sleeping well. In the weeks leading up to my fertile time I brought my PH down since it's typically higher, drank tons of aspartame, ate tons of calcium-rich foods, cut down on caffeine, potassium and magnesium, barely ate any meat, and we DTD a few times before and during my fertile peak, but not on the day of ovulation. We also DTD the day after. At that point we were like, "whatever, man!" We just want to have a baby in 2016.

So, that's where we're at and I've got my fingers crossed to be able to provide an update in the next couple of weeks and then again in the summer for gender. If not, hopefully St. Patrick and the Easter Bunny will bring some luck our way!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!! I wish you the best of luck on your TTC journey! FX that you are pregnant and you don't have to try for several months.
    Mom to four wonderful boys 6/2009 2/2011 11/2017 3/2019
    M/C2010
    Surprise BFP!! Baby # 5 Due Feb 5th 2021 IT'S A GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome, best of luck .
    You've come to the right place, ladies here are awesome and very supportive. Xx

And My Beautiful Daughter
    Thank you Lord & Genderdreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luc! Our approach to swaying is very different and some of what you've been doing we believe sways blue. I highly recommend you read up on the LE diet and the Trouble with timing essay.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally realize that, but since we were racing the clock trying to have a 2016 due date, we had to throw some caution to the wind. If it doesn't work out this month, I'll definitely start skipping breakfast and focusing back in on the LE diet, which is pretty natural for me when I'm busy and not stressed. I think we'll also give it a couple of months before we try again, and hopefully that will reset my system a little.
    TTC #3

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! Keep me posted and let me know if I can help in the future.

PLease just ask, ask, ask anything that seems confusing. I promise there is always an explanation for everything.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic!
    TTC #3

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post