Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love Hi! Needing some help convincing husband to go once more to try for pink!

Hi everyone!

My names Bec, I'm from Australia and I've got 3 perfect little boys! (7,5 and 2) Ive tried for the past 2 years to convince myself that we were done having babies, but my deep, desperate desire for a daughter just won't go away. My 3rd boy was conceived using shettles 4 days out from ovulation, but that's basically all I did. I did suffer GD before and after his birth. I started reading bits and pieces from this site, about 12-18 months ago. I've started the LE diet about 2 weeks ago, to get the ball rolling and started the exercise. It is the complete opposite to what I did with the boys. My main issue is convincing my husband to go once more. I feel like he does understand how deep the desire runs for a girl and I feel like he's basically sitting on the fencer and could go either way. What I wanted to ask, is there a study/essay I could give him to read that describes the swaying process and gives the evidence to back it up. I've read so much and understand it myself, but I feel overwhelmed when I think of how I'm going to explain the swaying process to him!
    Thanks for any help anybody can offer!

2. Likes Dreamsister liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello fellow Aussie! I give my husband minimal information to be honest. Because the more I seem to be obsessing over swaying, the more it freaks him out. He would be happy to have a third boy but he worries that I won't be, that's why I just play it cool and don't tell him an awful lot. Do you need to convince him about swaying in general, or do you just need to convince him about having a fourth? If the main problem is he doesn't want another baby, my little trick is to appeal to his mushy side and pull out old photos and videos of the kids when they were little. It gets my hubby everytime!!! He's such a softy though.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^^ This. I do have some stuff we could run past him but the thing of it is, I feel like the more we talk about it, with the recalcitrant hubbies, the worse our results.

Our natural setting as women is to talk and discuss and hash out and eventually reach a settlement. I feel (both in my personal life and also what I"ve seen on here) that this ends up causing more harm than good. The husband who's already on the fence, will seize upon this as a justification for their beliefs - as in, "I don't want a baby, I only want a girl, and thus I am unhinged and in need of someone who is evidently more stable to make the big decisions" and of course they are only too happy to make that decision in exactly the way that is of benefit to themselves.

What I would have you do is quit talking about it, keep your cards closer to your vest, do diet and exercise and then just bide your time. If you can get him to agree to one more, then do only the sway tactics that YOU can do yourself. 95% of everything hubbies do is ineffective anyway and it's you doing most of the the swaying burden anyway, so focus on the stuff you can do and let him warm up to the idea of BABY, not swaying.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never talked about swaying to anybody, EVER! I let DH think HE was responsible for getting our boy LOL!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?