Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here!!

Hi all!

Glad to have found this site! I've nosed around on it for awhile now but my husband and I have pretty much decided that after having 2 perfect little boys, we still would like to add one more to our family and are both dreaming (me especially!!!) of having a little girl! We're still probably 6-12 months out from starting to TTC but I'm eager to start learning & planning my sway attempt! Also - I've got to start dieting - I have too much baby weight left on me from my 2 boys and I really want to get it off!!!

One initial question I have.... I have very regular but short cycles... Usually 24 days. Not on any kind of hormonal birth control currently (condoms only). I had these short cycles (though they were maybe a day or two longer) when I conceived my sons and at the time had an LP of maybe 9/10 days. Conceived them easily. Is this a sign that I may be lower in progesterone??? I believe that high progesterone sways girl, and low boy? If so is that something I'm going to need to try to address before I sway? What about B6 for this? I halfheartedly tried B6 before conceiving my sons just to lengthen my LP and have thought about trying it again, but is B6 used to sway girl?

Thanks, excited to read & participate more in these forums!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!

Jusy bc you have a short LP, doesn't mean you have low P. My LP averages 10 days and is as short as 8 a couple times a year, sometimes even shorter. Even in those cycles, my P level was great. Some of us just naturally have shorter LPs. It never stopped me from conceiving quickly before, did it cause trouble for you? You might try Vitex, as it sways pink, boosts P, and can lengthen your LP. It extended mine up to 14 days! I do not recommend B6 for short LPs and it does sway blue, so I would avoid that. You could also talk to your dr and you might get script for Clomid or Femara, both of which work wonders for short LPs and sway strongly pink. That would be the best, most effective option.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 29th, 2016 at 06:08 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, maidentomother! I will not go on B6 then. I didn't have issues conceiving with a short LP with my boys... I feel like it's even shorter now though then it was when I got pregnant with them, but I haven't been started temping again yet so I'm not sure. Time to start doing that again. With Vitex - is that best in pill form or liquid form? How much is recommended for a pink sway?
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI and welcome!! Glad you found us!

The high prog = girls idea has no good evidence backing it up and is basically one researcher's attempt to "prove" that his timing method works. Anecdotally after swaying with thousands of women over the last 8 years I do not find one scrap of evidence to indicate this is the case.

We have found that B6 actually seems to sway blue. A lot of us took it after being told that it sways pink and got overwhelmingly boys with it (myself included). Additionally, it's really delayed ovulation and even stopped it for some people.

LP of 9-10 days is short but still possible to conceive. What I would try is possibly discussing this with your doctor and see if you can maybe get some Clomid. Clomid is a strong pink sway tactic and is the gold standard for lenghtening a short LP. Or, if you'd prefer not to do that, we'd just proceed with a normal sway diet but be sure you were using full fat dairy instead of skim and eating 4-6 eggs a week. This combination often helps extend short LP.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I'm so amazed by how much you know about this stuff!! So from your knowledge.... Would a doctor prescribe Clomid just because I tell him that I have a short LP, or do they first make you "prove" that your LP is going to be a problem (like by you trying to get pregnant on your own first and not being able to). Are there any big risks with Clomid?

Ok then I will stay away from the B6!!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes a little white lie is required. Like you've been TTC for a year with no luck. Some doctors will just hand the fertility meds out like candy, others like to play God it seems. A friend of mine asked her doc for Clomid, and her doc made her chart for 6 months. Every doc is different.

GL!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    Sometimes a little white lie is required. Like you've been TTC for a year with no luck. Some doctors will just hand the fertility meds out like candy, others like to play God it seems. A friend of mine asked her doc for Clomid, and her doc made her chart for 6 months. Every doc is different.

GL!
    Hmmmm, you've got me thinking now!!

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it really depends on the dr. And some may want to prescribe progesterone instead for a short LP. Clomid is a very safe drug when used properly, especially at lower doses, and most drs will start you on the lowest dose of 50mg for a short LP. It can have some pretty unpleasant side effects but many women tolerate it well. There is a higher chance of multiples, mostly twins. Femara has a much lower incidence of both side effects and multiples, and is even safer overall. Either is fantastic for pink.

Diet can help with a short LP in some cases but if you have a history of short LP despite a healthy diet with plenty of fat from butter, dairy, eggs, red meat, fatty fish etc then changing your diet now probably won't do much.

Vitex as liquid extract or capsules/tablets are both fine. I recommend 1200mg daily. I personally found that taking it continuously all cycle long extended my LP the most (to 14 days! It used to be 8-11). But some for some women, taking it all cycle can delay or even prevent O (it does delay O for me the first cycle, and sn adjustment period is common). If that's a problem, you should take Vitex from CD1-CD14. Atomic generally prefers that Vitex be taken this way. You might start with that snd switch to taking it all cycle if your LP is still short after 3 months.

Clomid/Femara is way better than Vitex though so it should be your fallback option if possible.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I highly recommend temping so you know what's really going on.

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on the doctors. The bitter irony of Clomid is that some doctors hoard the stuff and will not give it except under the most extreme circumstances, and then others hand it out like tictacs or something. no consistency, no rhyme or reason. Clomid has been around for decades and it's a very safe medication, the most common risk is multiple births but I have never seen anything more than twins on 50 mg. You can also have ultrasound monitoring to be sure you're not hyperovulating although most people ahve to pay extra $ for that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast