Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wanting a Girl But Nervous About Swaying

Hi everyone,

I currently have two wonderful boys (5 and 2 1/2). After the birth of my second son, I found out my first has Muscular Dystrophy. I didn't realize I was a carrier. This is an X inherited genetic disability, so to avoid another child with MD, it is best to have a girl who at worst would be a carrier like myself. PGD/IVF is not covered and is too expensive. So I would like to sway as naturally as possible.

However, I have been reading everything from this site since I became a new member. It is very obvious to me now that I was swaying unknowingly for boys both times. I typically eat a high protein, high nutrient diet. I am very conscious about my health in general, especially since I lost my spleen in a car accident. I drink only water and organic teas. I eat only organic, whole foods. I'm like a poster child for healthy eating and I eat small meals throughout the day. I also lift weights for exercise as opposed to cardio.

I was reading on the testosterone threads too. I have a very high stress job (teaching 8th grade ELA), but I also have a type A personality. I have always been competitive in athletics and in life and I am constantly planning, setting goals, acting on them, etc. I don't really ever "just relax."

To sway for a girl, I literally need to overhaul everything about my lifestyle and who I naturally am. I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Luckily, my husband is on board with doing his part...cutting out caffeine and taking whatever supplements I suggest. I'm going to try to sway July and August when I am on vacation and my stress levels are done and I don't have to "do" anything.

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated, because I already feel a little defeated and I haven't even started yet. Thanks!

2. Likes PinkPrettyPlease! liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome this place is great for lots of swaying advice and you can get a personalised plan if that would help take away some of the stress for you. I've just got mine from atomic and have been working at the diet and exercise part for a little bit (started the LE diet properly earlier this week but have been veggie anyway for 18 years and generally skip breakfast anyway). I've found since doing the cardio a lot of my over thinking about swaying has gone away and I've become more relaxed about things so hopefully that should help too oh and I was a teacher before having my boys so I know what you mean about that personality type! The main sway tips ATM are one attempt or every four days to BD (baby dance), be on a LE diet for 12+ weeks if possible and do cardio too. I've found the personalised plan really helpful as my husband has health issues so it's been good to know what we can and can't do for us specifically! Xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

4. Likes PinkPrettyPlease! liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Gals,
    I was a teacher too before my boys!
    A big eater bc I love food. Did a lot of snacking and ate a lot of highly nutritious foods.
    I stuck more with yoga and walking since being a parent but haven't been back into 60 min of good cardio until starting my sway a few days ago!
    We are looking to do 1st attempt around July as well - so looks like we are on this journey together : )
    I'm excited to get my custom sway next week from Atomic.
    Tonight I put on fun music and my boys got moving with me!
    I may order a small at home elliptical machine (we live in an apt so can't be too big). I'll let you know how it goes!
    SAHM to two beautiful boys! 1 (2011) 2 (2013) Praying & TTC a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I was a science teacher before I had my DS2! I can relate to everything you in your post! I had a failed girl sway that brought us our sweet, DS3 ! I'm currently swaying again for a DD for my DH.

I recommend to do what you are doing- gathering information to be able to start with swaying being second nature. Don't view this as a competition- to see how strict you can be. Also don't obsess! It's ok to make mistakes or have cheats. Remember you can always regroup!

Stick to what works. LE diet, exercise (60-70min cardio 6-7 days a week) if you can manage it, one attempt in your fertile window, coffee, alcohol from AF-to O, fiber before high fat meals, and folate/folic acid. That's it!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions! I'll be looking to see you around! FX and GL to you!

DS1, DS2, & DS3One last pink sway 2016

7. Likes PinkPrettyPlease! liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, ladies. Glad I'm in good company! I'm really going to try to be less militant about all of this. Just have a basic plan going and then just relax and enjoy the process. I was really militant about conceiving quickly with my other two, and the whole process was stressful. So I am hoping to change my attitude and just let things be fun and natural (while still trying to do the diet, take some of the supplements, etc.).

9. Likes PinkPrettyPlease!, XXforhubby liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What are the odds of conceiving a baby with MD? Are you sure IVF for genetic reasons is not covered?

I am sure you now understand the cost of therapy/help with your son- is IVF truly not an option?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LCBdreams your personality sounds identical to mine, right down to being very militant about conceiving quickly, needless to say DH didn't enjoy the TTC process with the boys (DD was unplanned, which maybe is why she was a girl!) at all, cause I used him like a stud horse I agree with nuthinbutpink, I'm not sure what country you're in, but I would have thought the health care system would have helped with some of the cost of PGD for medical reasons.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

13. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your DH doesn't need to cut back on caffeine, it sways pink for both men and women. You can both have as much as you like.

Welcome and good luck! I also eat organic and previously, very high nutrient snd high fat, and have a type A personality.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBdreams View Post
    Hi everyone,

I currently have two wonderful boys (5 and 2 1/2). After the birth of my second son, I found out my first has Muscular Dystrophy. I didn't realize I was a carrier. This is an X inherited genetic disability, so to avoid another child with MD, it is best to have a girl who at worst would be a carrier like myself. PGD/IVF is not covered and is too expensive. So I would like to sway as naturally as possible.

However, I have been reading everything from this site since I became a new member. It is very obvious to me now that I was swaying unknowingly for boys both times. I typically eat a high protein, high nutrient diet. I am very conscious about my health in general, especially since I lost my spleen in a car accident. I drink only water and organic teas. I eat only organic, whole foods. I'm like a poster child for healthy eating and I eat small meals throughout the day. I also lift weights for exercise as opposed to cardio.

I was reading on the testosterone threads too. I have a very high stress job (teaching 8th grade ELA), but I also have a type A personality. I have always been competitive in athletics and in life and I am constantly planning, setting goals, acting on them, etc. I don't really ever "just relax."

To sway for a girl, I literally need to overhaul everything about my lifestyle and who I naturally am. I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Luckily, my husband is on board with doing his part...cutting out caffeine and taking whatever supplements I suggest. I'm going to try to sway July and August when I am on vacation and my stress levels are done and I don't have to "do" anything.

Any words of encouragement would be appreciated, because I already feel a little defeated and I haven't even started yet. Thanks!
    Don't stress about overhauling EVERYTHING. Diet seems most important in sways, and I believe a Type A personality can apply their behaviors to manage the diet.

I'm expecting a girl and am the archetypal stressed, Type A "Martha" (elsewhere on here is a link to a quiz on female dominance -- I was 95% likely to have a boy based on personality factors ). I had a very LE/girl sway lifestyle unintentionally, so a girl is definitely possible for you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am going to second what ThrowawayPantehr says.
    Diet seems to be the key for a lot of ladies.

17. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast