Thread: Newbie TTC Pink

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie TTC Pink

Hi! I've been lurking for a while now and finally gathered the courage to post. Im planning on ttc my first child and have been researching sway methods for a while. I did find the Ingender website first, so I've been taking calcium citrate/magnesium/zinc, cranberry, and folic acid. I was drinking peppermint tea but I've noticed my once high bbt dropped the days after drinking the tea. Does this mean it's raising estrogen? I swear I read that, but can't find where now. I'm now considering saw palmetto instead of the tea.

My lifestyle/eating habits are fairly "girl friendly" without dieting, but I have been doing a combo of various diets. I don't eat a ton of meat, very low sodium, hate tomatoes, love diet drinks and use a ton of fake sugar. I've been doing a low calorie, low fat diet and watching sodium and potassium intake. I have added a low fat Greek yogurt to my lunch. I've never eaten breakfast really so that hasn't been a struggle. Exercise isn't the best, but I have been trying to hit 10,000 steps or more a day mostly to help aide weight loss.

My dh is somewhat following a similar lifestyle, but from what I've read not sure it matters. He is taking calcium citrate/magnesium, vitamin D (dr's orders), and cranberry pills on occasion. He is naturally thin and not into exercise at all, but I've read that could be good since it could cause lower testosterone and higher estrogen. Any truth?

I'm excited to find a place to discuss and not feel judged or like I'm being silly for thinking any of this might possibly work.
    Last edited by Mistymouse; April 7th, 2016 at 02:40 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Lose the zinc right away, that may sway blue (unless you have a proven deficiency)

We don't really know how the temps and hormones work for swaying. We haven't found either SP or pep tea to be super effective when used by DW (pep tea has seemed to help with hubby's side of things) so while they are both supps we use for pink sways, neither has been a heavy hitter and both have caused trouble by delaying O. So, I can't totally tell you what it's doing in your body of course, but just that neither have been super effective.

WHen you're blending diets, do be sure you are getting ENOUGH nutrients to get and stay pregnant. 1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat. You also need 700-1000 mg sodium and 2500-3500 mg potassium for your body to function. WE have an ongoing problem, when people try to blend diets, where they hear the "low potassium" message but do not hear the "do not drop below 2500 mg or you can die" part. This is the same requirement on all sway diets because it's the minimum your body needs. This is not usually a problem for people on the mineral diets where they're eating gobs of dairy, but when you try to adapt the diets to make them more LE friendly, you will NOT be doing that high intake of dairy and you may actually NEED to eat those high potassium foods like potatoes just to be sure you are getting adequate intake.

Exercise needs to be 60 min. in a block if you can. This is because after about 45 min. your body stops burning carbs and starts burning stores of fat, and something about this process really seems to help a pink sway.

For DH - sounds like he's on the right track. I agree that his slim, non-exercising ways could help your pink sway.

We're glad you found us! Don't hesitate to ask any q's you have.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The calcium supplement I'm taking is citracal and it's mostly calcium with vitamin D, and has 80mg of magnesium with other minerals which includes zinc. Not sure there is much there, should I try to find an alternative? I searched all over for calcium citrate and magnesium and this brand was one of the only ones I could find. I didn't check any health food stores though.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would switch as vitD sways blue too.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I thought D just helped calcium absorption and zinc was only bad if DH was taking. I think I read that on the getting started pages. I will look for an alternative, but I've been taking this one for about a month now.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't take CalMag anyway, I don't believe it sways pink and Cal may even sway blue. I think pink swayers should only take folate in terms of vitsmins/minerals.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try to find one without Vit. D too. Vit D has been a strong blue sway for us and even if you need to use Tums to get the calcium alone, I'd recommend losing the D.

Some of the stuff was here before I got to the site. We have 5 more years of experience under our belts now and the Vit. D does seem to be a biggie.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will do! Thank you for the help! How does vitamin D work for DH? He did have defiency a while ago, but is only taking a calcium citrate/magnesium supplement with vitamin D now. I might just go with the cranberry, folic acid combo and tums.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We believe it may sway blue for him but if he has a deficiency he needs to continue it. The data is a lot less firm for how it sways for him.