Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl Sway!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl Sway!

Hello!
    I'm new here and am very excited to be part of these conversations!! I have a gorgeous 7 month old baby boy and want to have a girl next. I'm looking to sway because in the last 4 generations there haven't been any girls born on my husbands side. Research has made me think that DH family carries a lot of testosterone and therefore it might influence the sperm. I am trying to focus on my diet to start. So I am trying to stay below 1500 calories and stay within the protein and fat and sodium guidelines. Is there anything else I can do? Is there anything I can get DH to take? He's a gym rat and he's obsessed with meat I don't think he could stop eating it. Could I do a sway without him? In trying to get him to quit coffee.

My sway so far: lunch- strawberries, cottage cheese, toast, snack- orange, dinner- spinach, cucumber, ranch, wrap, chicken, sour cream, peppers, Swiss cheese, romaine lettuce.
    Should I add or eliminate anything?

I'm skipping breakfast, I don't want to take supplements. Should DH take cranberry pills or licorice?
    Tia!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!
    Is there a reason you're trying to stay below 1500cals? If you're breastfeeding your little guy, you should really be at the upper limits of the LE which is 1800 calories. Sodium doesn't sway so don't worry about that. Exercise 60 minutes/day, 6-7 days/week is getting good results too so if you can add that in, it would help.

You can absolutely sway without DH's help! A lot of us have husbands who aren't interested in doing anything. I'm not sure if cranberry or licorice is better but I know a lot are doing olive leaf extract.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

3. Likes 3boysclub liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH doesn't need to sway, and what you do matters the most anyway. Don't have DH stop drinking coffee, it actually sways pink for both of you, so drink up! Ideally at least 3 cups a day.

Sodium doesn't sway and makes the diet so much harder, completely unnecessarily. Have as much salt as you like.

I would go completely vegetarian if possible, for best results. Vegan is even better.

I would up calories and do daily cardio if at all possible, as suggested above. It is so effective for pink.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gender doesn't run in the family genetically so don't worry, you can still have a girl.

I want most everyone to be at 1500-1800 cals a day. Starting off too low means that you quickly lose all your weight you can spare and stop ovulating, then you practically have to sway blue just to get your cycle going again. It's much better to start off higher than you think you want to, and see what happens. You can always cut back in the future if you need to, but you probably won't.

The sodium, you can do if you want to but most of us have given up on that (and it makes it SOOO much easier to stick to diet without that)

You nor DH needs to cut out caffeine for a pink sway. That idea has been debunked and we are getting 80% success rates with coffee. I would also consider alcohol if he enjoys that because it's been effective as a sway tactic.

Most of our husbands would do nothing to sway and we still got girls doing that.

The supps DH takes depend on his health, age, etc. In my signature is a link to the Complete Index and that has lots of information about a lot of different topics in it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, okay so i guess i had things wrong.... I thought i needed to watch sodium and calories.
    So basically I should be watching my protein intake? and keep calories to about 1800. I can easily go vegetarian or even vegan I just thought I was supposed to consume more dairy. I love cheese so I was excited about low sodium cheeses lol. Im kind of confused now on what I am supposed to focus on diet wise.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa84 View Post
    Wow, okay so i guess i had things wrong.... I thought i needed to watch sodium and calories.
    So basically I should be watching my protein intake? and keep calories to about 1800. I can easily go vegetarian or even vegan I just thought I was supposed to consume more dairy. I love cheese so I was excited about low sodium cheeses lol. Im kind of confused now on what I am supposed to focus on diet wise.
    You should be watching for the combo of calories/fat/protein. 40-50g protein and fat should be 20-30% of your day's calories so at 1800 calories, that's probably around 55g of fat. Stick to skim milk and cheese. I got boys drinking lots of full fat milk. If you can go vegan, I believe that's really good for pink.
    Focus on white carbs and low carb veggies!
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!
    I actually went vegan after my baby was born and lost all 70 pounds in 4 months! I loved it! I gained a ton of weight as I was eating differently when I got married and lived with my husband. I sort of ate like him. Lots of meat and potatoes. I still have 20 pounds to lose that I had gained BEFORE I was pregnant but since I am still BF I will stick to 1800.

Can we eat beans and chick peas? I saw something that said to avoid them but i guess just watch protein. Also I thought we need to drink milk and have cheese for the calcium?... what about almond milk?
    Last edited by Nessa84; April 18th, 2016 at 03:48 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We do things a little differently on here. Many of us got boys with high dairy intake and even taking the high dose cal-mag supps so the mineral diets did not work for us and we have a different diet here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html It is NOT going to be the same as the mineral diets though. It's actually better pre-pregnancy diet (healthy and safe when done properly) than the mineral ones and we get great results with it 12 weeks or longer.

We also watch calories, but yours are TOO LOW. 1500-1800 is best for most people to start out at. You can always drop down in calories, but it's hard to have to regain weight in order to keep ovulation going!! And with breastfeeding you may even need more than that. I generally have nursing moms start off at 1800-2000 and then you can always cut back over time if your milk supply stays good.

40-50 g protein for most people, 50-60 g protein for those with PCOS. 30-60 g fat for all pink swayers and if you can get most from vegetable sources, that's great.

You CAN still have cheese on LE Diet, it just has to fit in your limits for the day. I also love cheese and ate plenty of it when I got my daughter. You don't always ahve to have only skim milk and cheese, it may help but you can also use full fat to get up to the fat intake for the day. Don't drop below 30 g fat under any circumstances.

Beans and chickpeas are fine as a part of the LE Diet (you're still in limits) You can have milk and cheese too, just keep in the protein limits. If you do want to include cal-mag (which is up to you, if you believe in it, it's just that it didn't work for some of us) use the supplement forms (without Vit. D as that seems to sway blue)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh and almond milk is ok too. I had rice milk when I was swaying.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much!
    So basically its.... Grains with vegetables and a very little bit of fruit, and dairy in order to realistically stay within the limits.
    I hate taking pills etc and would prefer to not take any supplements other than folic acid/folate. Is there anything extra aside from the diet you would recommend a BF mom to a baby boy? I saw that cranberry, SP and peppermint is not safe but I am considering RepHresh, antihistamines, KY and DH will take Olive Leaf. Anything else that will benefit my sway? I have spent a lot of time trying to learn everything and posted 'my girly sway' in another thread in hopes to fine tune it and start it asap!

I am so happy I found this site. I love the science behind the theories. It makes perfect sense to me! We are really no different in sperm form as we all once we are born if you think about it.... boys need more protein and calories throughout their entire lives in comparison to women! Women require less protein etc i believe due to their muscle make up. Of course our bodies will sway which ever sperm will likely 'survive' the conditions!! Men are very fast and strong and women are slow and steady - reflective of the sperm! I am so fascinated with the biology! And I am a firm believer in our foods influence us in terms of personality as well. I was very interested in blood type diets for awhile. I couldn't understand why Dh NEEDED meat where I was happy with a bowl of pasta. He is type O blood and meat is a huge part of what he needs on a regular basis. apparently he can digest is better since O's have more HCL acid compared to A's like me. I do best on vegetarian diets since I have very little HCL acid and can digest more grains. After learning about these sways I am curious to know if many O blood type mom's are more likely to have boys and if A blood type moms have girls..... There are other factors though.. like A blood tend to be worriers and high stress (which I think I've learned means high testosterone). Its cool how theres information about exercise, diet and even personality! A's are too stressed all the time so they need calming exercise like yoga or walking. O's do well with vigorous exercise to release steam. Its so interesting! But blood type B's have the most fun!!!
    Thank you Atomic for all the research you have done to make this site even exist!! I am extremely grateful and am so happy to be a part of the group!!
    Last edited by Nessa84; April 18th, 2016 at 11:53 PM.

12. Likes Pink Pony liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast