Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! New member of four fantastic boys and hoping and praying for a girl!

Hello!!

Happy to be here. Looks like there is a VAST amount of information on here!! Trying not to get overwhelmed!

I am a very busy mom to four boys! We both long to have a daughter and plan on TTC one in a couple months.

I'm most interested in understand the LE diet. Is the My Fitness Pal app okay to use to count calories?

Is Vitex okay to take?

Thanks for all the info!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Welcome!
    I just started LE diet a month ago and MyFitnessPal has been invaluable. I'd never been a calorie counter in my life so it helped(helps) me immensely!
    I got a custom plan and Atomic has been amazing! She is amazing with or without a plan but I find the plan really gets specific to my lifestyle/issues/etc.
    I found I've been unknowingly swaying boy my whole life!
    The whole calorie counting, diet thing, cardio most days has been a HUGE change for me - but I'm really getting used to it - imperfectly!
    The diet is outlined really clearly in many posts (also when/if you get a plan) but the most important thing is that you stay within limits. I'm on the high end bc weight just flies off - but after a few weeks I've been able to learn what works best for my body!
    Anyway - I threw a lot at you but everyone here is soooo amazing & smart!
    I'm gonna do my 1st attempt at the end of May!
    So - good luck to you & look forward to 'seeing' you around!
    SAHM to two beautiful boys! 1 (2011) 2 (2013) Praying & TTC a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I'm swaying girl for the second time, and my DS3 is 5mo. I'm still BFing so I eat the upper limit of calories.

I agree that Myfitnesspal is invaluable for tracking calories, fat, and protein. I would ask Atomic about Vitex. While it does sway pink, it has caused a lot of cycle mishap for the majority of people. Also, if you're BFing a baby under 12mo it's not recommended.

PinkPrettyPlease!- I too should be ovulating mid-May.

Hope to see you ladies around! FX for all of us!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

4. Likes PinkPrettyPlease! liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    XXforhubby - great! A Pink Partner : ) excited to have a buddy trying so soon!

6. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies!!
    I don't think I can swing a custom plan now, but we are planning on actually trying to conceive in July so in hoping I can figure it all out by then without one!

Our youngest was two in January. Only one was planned, but we've never tried swaying before.

I've been working out consistently and eating healthy for over a year, but the LE diet is not what im used to! I usually eat way more protein. It's going to be a challenge but I'm willing to give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you! The diet is hard for me because I'm always used to eating whenever the heck I want. I've never really known the feeling of hunger! I'm a huge snacker. Alas - I've been learning a ton and I think it's kinda cool to have a little challenge and do something differently.
    I can't believe how much I used to eat and how packed with nutrients it all was! good luck! I think you have a nice amount if time to learn, try and apply before July!

10. Likes kafink21 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another vote for MFP here -- it's a really great tool for tracking calories and to an extent, micro and macronutrients. My additional recommendation for swaying for a girl: make sure you buy a food scale so you're weighing and measuring all your food, since it's very easy to eat or drink much more just by estimating!

12. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! I help everyone regardless of ability to pay.

MFP is ok to count nutrients but is sometimes unreliable esp. with sodium. It also counts small amounts of protein/fat in fruit and veg but we don't count those in our totals (you need to hit your totals without counting those)

Vitex is ok for some people and not others - I can't say for sure without knowing more about your unique situation. In my signature below, you'll see the Complete Index which has tons of info in it including essays on LE Diet and Vitex.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Likes kafink21 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! How old are you, what is your BMI, how regular are your cycles? Average O day and cycle length? Do you temp/chart at all? Based on your answers I can give you my opinion on taking Vitex in your situation.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

16. Likes kafink21 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! New member of four fantastic boys and hoping and praying for a girl!

I am turning 29 this July. My BMI is 23. My husband and I use natural family planning so I do chart. We do the Marquette method of nfp, which uses the ClearBlue fertility monitor. The monitor gives me Peak days between cycle days 13 to as late as 18. I just started temping again because last cycle I was sure I was pregnant, but didn't know my temps and wished I had. I started recording them on the kindara app.
    My cycles are usually 28 or 29 days but last cycle was 33.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast