Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is gender written on ultrasound screen?

I haven't been on the site for a while since I've been so busy with everything going on in my life. I swayed boy and I am 28 weeks pregnant. I am team green and when I went in for my growth ultrasound, I looked at the ultrasound screen with all of my info on it and I saw that it said gender: female. I was bummed out. After she did the sono she asked again if I wanted to know the sex and I said no. When she was done the screen came up again, and it was a big screen and it had that info. Why would she put that info up unless that was just all of MY info? I haven't looked at the screen with my other sonos so I am not sure if that was always there. What do you guys think? Is that the baby's gender? Why would they have it on there if I didn't want to know?

2. Thanks tata thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She would have had to type it in at some point for it to appear there. Was it up the moment you got on the table?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it was already on the screen when I got there. While I was getting undressed I noticed it so tech wasn't in the room.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedreams View Post
    I haven't been on the site for a while since I've been so busy with everything going on in my life. I swayed boy and I am 28 weeks pregnant. I am team green and when I went in for my growth ultrasound, I looked at the ultrasound screen with all of my info on it and I saw that it said gender: female. I was bummed out. After she did the sono she asked again if I wanted to know the sex and I said no. When she was done the screen came up again, and it was a big screen and it had that info. Why would she put that info up unless that was just all of MY info? I haven't looked at the screen with my other sonos so I am not sure if that was always there. What do you guys think? Is that the baby's gender? Why would they have it on there if I didn't want to know?
    This happened to me with my second child .

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that not your gender? (as in YOU) I had that on my first ultrasound too and i had a boy.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, to correct that, it was on my scan and not the ultrasound screen. It was the scan pic and top left said female. But that was not gender for baby.
    I get what you mean now. They should not do that if you have said you dont want to know the gender. That is the whole point of them asking!!!! Im sorry you are now at 28 weeks and having to deal with this.. Sending you lots of support and hugs xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was it next to your name? This was under my name and DOB. So not sure. I don't enjoy being team green. There are too many mind games.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was on the screen with your name and DOB then it is your information. If it was posted on the screen on the image of the baby then it is the gender of the baby.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

11. Likes bluedreams, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedreams View Post
    Was it next to your name? This was under my name and DOB. So not sure. I don't enjoy being team green. There are too many mind games.
    Yes, it was with my information

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok makes me feel a little better. It would be very surprising to me that they were this careless. I am afraid to ask because I'm afraid they will tell me it's the gender of the baby. I guess I am still team green. Thanks ladies!!

14. Likes squigglepink liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast