Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi allpink. Welcome I am also in the UK and swaying blue so we have that in common. I qualify for Pgd in the UK but sadly its for a male dominant condition. What basically this means is after futher investigations the error is on the y genes therfor they will only help me have a girl through this method. Also, of course i have to pay as there currently no free ivf for people with children already. A basic ivf cycle in the uk will cost you £4000/5000 more if pgd is needed i got quoted £7000 all in.

I know this is not probably what you want to hear but I've done alot of reasearch on pgd in UK. Sadly since it was made illegal in 2004/2005 there's not alot you can do here. Some clinics have even refused to do the pre testing as if they know why your doing it they become "uncooperative". Sadly gs in the UK will be impossible to conceive your desired gender as unless its something which only affects girls (of which there are very very few conditions) they will simply screen the embryos and transfer whatever is healthy. Any request you make will be ignored and if anything you risk an opposite just for mentioning it. Not what you want to hear but I have a friend who works on assisted fertility and they can be pretty miffed with people requesting specific genders. What she told me alone made me realise that I'm better going abroad! I won't say more than that but I guess it depend who you get on the day.

The only other thing I can suggest is going through Dr Rainsbury in london. He acts as a middle man for Cyprus or Crete. He can do all your prenatal testing and prescribe drugs etc in the UK but obviously you stop have to go abroad for the egg retrieval and implantation. The cost is about £9000 through it could have changed.

Sorry I've not got better news but I'd rather you stay realistic. I have explored every avenue as I also did not want to be away from home with 3 kids and all the added expense. In the end after weighing things up we are doing a natural sway but i agree with the others if you can afford the usa would be your best bet and some clinics offers a shared risk package where you get some money back if it doesn't work etc

Good luck whatever you deceide to do xxxx
    Last edited by baby2016baby; July 11th, 2016 at 11:44 AM.
    2006 2009 2014 and expecting my 2nd sway opposite due 10/04/2017

2. Thanks Allpink, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Blueplease liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing is, though, time is not your friend here. You will be wasting precious time (and at 40 even a few months may mean the difference between success and failure) chasing after something that is probably not a viable option for the reasons others have already expanded upon. I believe your best bet is to cut to the chase and cycle abroad with Dr. P for absolute best chances of success. I know it's the most terrifying of options but the clock is very much ticking and it may just be better to dive into the deep end rather than waiting 3-6 months only to be told no in the end. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes baby2016baby liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, please please don't use Dr Rainsbury - he is just a middle man, won't bring anything to the party apart from costing you a lot more money, which you simply don't need to spend.. Although the process might seem daunting at first, once you start investigating, it really is pretty simple to sort everything out in the UK, pre-testing, scans even meds if needs be and then travel abroad and this forum can provide you all of the advice you need. Good luck x

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TSH 1.80
    FT 17.7
    FST 7.1
    LH 6.3
    PROG 2.3
    CA125 41
    AMH 29.2
    right ovary 5small follicles less than 1cm
    left ovary 4 small follicles less than 1cm

Not sure what the results indicate, but they asked me to go to the GP because my CA125 is '41'. im really anxious.

Also completely forgot that i had an IUD(non hormone releasing) they said that could affect the measurement of the lining.

She put down that i was day 3, she said from the day of the first spot it is classed as day 1, now i am reading that day 1 of cycle is the first day of bright red heavy bleeding so really confused, because for me i get the heavy bright red blood on day 4.

Any advice would be much appreciated. esp on the high CA125.

Thank you

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, I have never been on a forum before so it's my first time...... I wasted a year with Dr Rainsbury! 4 cancelled cycles and 1 bfn. His communication was awful, no personalised protocols, just a "one for all and all for one" attitude, I feel I got to the fifth ET stage because of my own changes/ requests etc. I am now researching new clinics who do gender selection..... Does anyone know of any clinics that do it please? Thank you

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alee40 View Post
    Hello, I have never been on a forum before so it's my first time...... I wasted a year with Dr Rainsbury! 4 cancelled cycles and 1 bfn. His communication was awful, no personalised protocols, just a "one for all and all for one" attitude, I feel I got to the fifth ET stage because of my own changes/ requests etc. I am now researching new clinics who do gender selection..... Does anyone know of any clinics that do it please? Thank you
    I'm
    Sorry you've gone through this. HRC in California is by far the clinic with the highest success rate. Dr potter is fantastic and certainly adapts his protocols to your pre testing. I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant on my first go and was 38. If you become a dream member on here you can request a phone consult with him although I think there is around a 6 week wait at the minute and will receive $1000 off your treatment.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much roughly is one cycle with Dr Potter? Has anyone gone from the U.K. And know how much flights are or whole round trip ? Any help will be great X
    MrsShaw

Mummy to 4 And seeking a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prices went up in May slightly but when I cycled at the beginning of the year 1 round was $12200 usd but I got $1000 off through being a dream member in here. Then you have your meds which an range from $2000- $5000 depending on your protocol. The anesatic on day of ER was $450.

Plus flights, accomodation

To have er plus et all in one trip you would need to be out there for around 12 days. My fresh transfer was cancelled which was heartbreaking at the time due to my lining being too thick. I had three of my desired gender so we rabbi for a FET three months later in my own. On top of flights, accomodation for the 4 days I was there, the FET cost $4000 usd I think plus roughly $600 for the Lupron to suppress my cycle.

It certainly adds up but worth it. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi blue, wow that does seem a lot. But I know it would be so worth it. Thank you for your help X
    MrsShaw

Mummy to 4 And seeking a

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do any of you have experience with Genesis and Dr Savvas Koundouros?

How reliable is the 5- probe FISH testing according to genderselektion?

I really hope you can help......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast