Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie from the U.K

Hello everyone!

i trust that you are all well. I am mum to 3 beautiful girls 16,13,and 11, and a little boy would just complete my family. I started researching a few months ago on the the different options available.

I am looking at going down the IVF/PGD/FET route. Ideally i would like to cycle in the U.K or even do a couple of cycles in the U.K, in order to harvest enough eggs and embryos and then freeze and transfer the Embryos to another country for testing and implantation. Would this even be possible from the U.K?

I fear i may have waited too long as i have just turned 40? is there anyone who has had success at my age?

Would really appreciate some help, guidance and support.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!!

IVF at 40 is an uphill journey to be certain. It's not going to be easy and your odds of success may be quite small with your own eggs. Would you consider donor eggs instead??? Your chances of success would be much higher.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Allpink thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic is right. Uphill though not impossible. Some success stories here. Have you done your Pretesting?

Olorun Ileri2

5. Thanks Allpink thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!!!! And thank you for responding, so excited to be here. No would not be willing to use donor eggs, have not had any pre testing, no idea where to start. I have just been reading through so many posts on this forum, trying to make some understanding of it all.

A little uspset to hear that it will be a struggle, cant believe i have left it so late. i suppose i just presumed that because i have never had any issues conceiving and im regular as clock work, that i would be ok. I also feel so damn fertile, if that makes any sense.

My first point of call was to join this forum, and on Monday i will be phoning HFEA to ask them what quantifies as a family history if genetic diseases, there is a very very slight chance that I could fall under this category and this will enable me to do PGD in the U.K. If not then will ask if it is possible to send embryos abroad for testing and gender selection.

In an ideal world I would like to cycle over here fertilise and freeze, and send embies abroad , let my body recover and then fly out for testing and transfer. Reasons for this are nervous about the fertlity drug effects which has given me an irrational fear of OHSS and to top it off, i am petrified of flying ( on the rare occasion i have flown, i take diazepam). On a positive note, from what I can gather, success with FET is slightly higher as the body has time to recover from the fertility drugs, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Please can you advise or send me links me on the best clinics in Europe, **** closest and then Genesis. My husband tells me there a some in the Ukraine and even Iran! I have also looked at Dr. Bravermans in NY. Who has the best success rate? And where would you go at my age? Has anyone from the U.K sent embies abroad for testing and transfer? Please could someone kindly explain the testing to me, i am still really confused about 3 day and 5 day.
    Last edited by Allpink; July 10th, 2016 at 07:24 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the forums below we have our HT forums that you can access - come join our lovely ladies who can answer all your questions there!!

I'm sending you my full supply of 40+ dust! I got my 4th boy at 39!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks Allpink thanked for this post
    Likes fknonl1ne liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm no expert but I'm not sure how this would work in the UK as you would need to convince the HFE of the reason you were sending your embryos abroad - obviuosly you can't mention GS as that's illegal but PDG isn't - I guess you could say you have had lots of m/c over past few years and given your age really want to transfer a healthy embryo?? However, with shipping embroys there is obviousy more that can go wrong and given your age you don't really want to risk loosing what could be your healthy baby. I'd therefore suggest you do a full cycle abroad. Personally I'd be very wary about both Iran and Ukraine (political reasons aside!) as would really want to be sure of the lab facilities etc and their experience in GS and testing not just IVF. I went to Genesis twice first time at 44 and got a BFP but sadly had a m/c at 9 weeks (only a FISH tested embie though) and then returned at 45 did a tandem cycle -transferred one fully tested XX of mine and one Fish tested 5 probe and my DD is now 2 so it can certainly happen. Get your pre-testing done adn take it from there. US is proably your best option if you can afford it - much better protocals with older women. Good luck xx

10. Thanks Allpink, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your responses!

have been doing a little more research on this site, feels like ive spent a few days in an abyss, read through some of your journeys, the successes, the failures, a sheer roller coaster ride of emotions. Went through a quite a few tissues!! The information, support and encouragement on this site has blown me away.

Im am still struggling a little navigating the site, however the picture of the whole process is becoming a little clearer.

My biggest fear i suppose is pumping my body full of drugs, not knowing how my body will react, being in a foreign country, miles away from the comfort of home, with 3 kids in tow, the cost , add in anxiety and a flight in with that.......ok now i need to go lay down!!lol

Action Plan:

1. Try and get PGD done in U.K as there is a chance that i may qualify, some family history of abnormal births, and may come across someone who may allow me a choice of what embryo to put back in (i can dream)
    2. Try and get frozen embies sent abroad for testing and transfer, at a clinic with a good success rate.
    3. Cycle fully abroad, at a clinic which will give me the best chance in my age group, within a budget.

May be lots of questions and PMs from me over the next few weeks.

Everhopeful which clinic in the US would you suggest? your story has given me so much hope.XX

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go to HRC with Dr Potter (his results are excellent and v good for older patients) - for my second cycle I followed his protocal at Genesis (woudln't recommend going this route certainly not for a first cycle). Get your pre-testing done as you will need it wherever you cycle - UK or abroad - and then use this form on this site to arrange a free telephone /skype cconsult with him. x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please could you explain what do you mean by following his protocol? Whos protocol? Dr. Potters?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, for my second cycle, I followed Dr's Potters protocal but cycled with Savvas and it nearly went horribly wrong so wouldn't recomebnd doing that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast