Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here, would love advice on my pink sway

Hi to all the smart ladies of GDF!

I'm new but have been lurking for some time and appreciate all the wonderful advice, sharing and science -laden smartness around here!
    I'm 34, DH is 36 with a 7 year old boy and 3.5 year old girl, with PCOS but no real trouble ttc in the past thanks to Vitex (pregnant in 1-2 months ttc).

I wasn't charting with my ds but with dd we bd'd on the 5th, 3rd and 2nd day prior to ovulating without attempting to sway. My opks were all negative that month!
    I also had another pregnancy in between, we bd'd 6 days before O so I think DH has supersperm. This ended in a miscarriage though.

We now would love a girl again, I would NOT be heart broken with a boy but we both would be thrilled for a girl again.

I didn't know about LE before but many things I've been doing are very LE-like. I'm a vegetarian and heavy coffee drinker and these past weeks have been cutting sodium, drinking more aspartame (not tons though). I took MG+CA but stopped recently after catching up on stuff here. I've also upped soy intake.
    I am a couch potato, no way can I add cardio to my schedule at the moment.
    I've been skipping breakfast besides coffee (2-3 a day), cutting calories and know I'm not over 1500.
    Since end of august I've been under lots of stress for diff. reasons..
    I have lost 5 lbs in the past weeks. My bmi is 22.5.

My cycles are usually 24-25 days long with a 3-4 days of eggwhite, sometimes ovulatory spotting, O between CD11-CD13 and a 12 day luteal phase.

This month -
    I am aiming for a bding once in my fertile zone - I'll add a pic of my chart. We bd'd the first positive opk which was CD9.
    I took Zyrtec / Certizine all through my fertile CM days too and the day we bd'd I took it 5.5 hours before. We bd'd after we both had hot showers and I J+D after.
    I also had red wine before and a couple evenings before. DH was abstaining 4 days. Regular boxers. I also painted my nails a lot this week + lavender body cream. Moon was waxing gibbous (though tonight it's full and I might be Oing today).

Temps haven't risen yet though.. and Im CD12. Today CM turned from wet to sticky. Please see my chart.
    I would love your smart input - am I doing ok?
    I know you guys believe 1 time per fertile zone but should I add another bd??

Thanks so much!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ME MOM; September 16th, 2016 at 01:39 PM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My temps started slowly rising today on cd13. Fingers crossed!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome MeMom!

Your sway looks great so far, I would mention that most of us have given up on the sodium restriction and our results only went up after that.

I do think that you're pretty far out from O with your attempt and I have a rule of thumb I like to use. Go ahead and have that first attempt at positive OPK and then either be temping or continue with the opk strips. If it gets to be 3 1/2-4 or more days from the previous attempt and you have not ovulated and think you are about to, have another attempt. If it is 2ish, stick with the one attempt you've had. if it's that no man's land of around about 3 days, flip a coin and do what the coin says.

Another thing to do is just pick it up with the every 4 day method of unprotected sex after your first attempt at positive OPK. That probably wouldn't help much in this case becuase CD 9 was quite a long time ago and you may not have been in with another attempt then.

So, long story short, it's not one of those things where there is a "right" or "wrong" way but just that we are trying to weigh the possibility of getting pregnant with the
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ