Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone!

Hi all☺️ I have no idea what I'm doing and how messages are sent or received but I've been following you all for years so feel like I know you! Or is that a bit strange.. Anyway, I've been wanting a girl for over 8 years and am going to do first attempt in April. Can I run my sway past anyone or do I need to join as a dream member?

X
    2008 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again! Yes you got it!

Please hit me with whatever questions you have! No need to join as a Dream Member although there is more info in Dream Members section and it also helps support me and the site to keep us up and running.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome and good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there!
    Absolutely post your sway plan. It's always nice to have another set of eyes to look things over.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazing! Thank you so much. I'll try and joint later.

Right, my sway... I am 37, 7 stone 10lb, 5ft 4, slim /petite frame. I thought I would have high testosterone as I often have bad skin, am hairy and few other usual high testosterone indicators but I had my bloods taken this week and all my hormones are in normal range which I am hoping is good for the sway!

I am doing the following diet:
    - no breakfast as far as I can (if I do exercise sometimes I have a piece of toast)
    - coffee and skimmed milk in the morning
    - I am trying to have lunch at midday, snack around 4pm, dinner around 8pm. A couple of weeks before attempt I will drop the snack.
    - no meat or fish
    - I am trying to eat only smallish amounts of the following: pasta. Rice. Rice pasta. Rice noodles. Rice cakes. Corn tortillas. Bean sprouts. Iceberg lettuce. Rocket. Aubergine. Asparagus. Cucumber. Leeks. Radishes. Peppers. Broccoli. Green beans. Carrots. Strawberries. Apples. Pears. Cranberries. Raspberries. Low fat yoghurt. Skimmed milk. Unsalted butter. Coriander. Black pepper. Cumin. Paprika. Ginger. Mint. Veg oil. Water. Cranberry juice. Coffee. Aspartame in coffee (will up this couple of weeks prior to dtd).
    And that is it!! I've done for two to three weeks so far and have had the odd piece of bread or Parmesan cheese on pasta, the odd bit of chocolate, sweet potato, and some almonds.
    I have a constant headache (but assume that is because it is doing something as I usually eat a very high calorie and healthy diet).
    - I am eating between 1200 and 1600 kcal a day. But I don't have much weight to lose, if any, so assume I should maintain on lowish calorie low nutrient diet and then reduce slightly just before

DH is not changing diet but having less meat (no meat for a week or two prior to dtd) and is having soy protein milk raspberry flaxseed smoothies daily.

I am taking folic acid 400mg /calcium magnesium (in two minds whether this is good or not?!) /very low dose sertraline for anxiety (which think sways pink so am upping from quarter tablet to half a table a day which the doc thinks I should do anyway..) /antihistamine from around 6 days prior to dtd/1 tablespoon physillium husk fibre /started 320 saw palmetto two days ago (will stop at ovulation) /70mg aspirin 3 times a week.

DH is being given (!) calcium magnesium /licorice root (currently 500mg but will up in April cycle) /vit c /cranberry /antihistamine around 5 days each day prior to dtd

I and DH will have a Benadryl prior to dtd.

I'm using beeswax candles /humidifier with lavender /salt lamp /more plants / will try and go for walks on beach etc near to dtd as able in the freezing cold! On day of dtd I am going to take DH for massage (primarily to spend a long time in the sauna heating up!!) - or will this only make a difference if dtd immediately after ?! I also need to buy him some tight pants!

I think will use rephresh but am looking into douching and jellies at the moment..?

I am going to try and do CFR at ovulation. I wanted to abstain (as thought DH may have a heart attack of go from once a month to twice a day!) but not advised with age (although we are both fit but don't think this matters). I don't think we would have the time to stick to FR. I am going for one attempt with a release outside a few hours earlier....?!

I got pregnant with both my boys a few days before ovulation (I thought I was swaying with DS 2 by taking calcium magnesium and doing cut off..)

I am spinning (and have been for 6 months) for an hour 4 or 5 times a week with one or two runs for 40 mins a week. I think I need to up this don't I as fear may be in boy territory..?!! But struggling with lack of energy and food to do it. Should I stop exercise completely couple of weeks prior to dtd to lose muscle mass or should I keep up the routine??

I usually have lots of ewcm and will test the ph of it this month. I do opk sticks to see when ovulating also.

I think that's it!! What do you think please. Anything I need to add or take away??

Thank you so much for your time x
    2008 2014

6. Likes smllibra liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also sorry meant to say. I don't know what I think re alcohol. Do you think I should be having a gin and slimline tonic frequently or cutting it out completely? Same for coffee?! Xx
    2008 2014

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also a lawyer, highly stressed, and will get obsessed and write a billion lists for this attempt, which I understand isn't good for the sway. But is that only because it raises testosterone and if mine were low on blood test I'm assuming I'm ok to carry on list writing and frantically planning my seat every second..?! Last post I promise. Couldn't work out how to post and now I can't stop...
    2008 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by project beatrice View Post
    Also sorry meant to say. I don't know what I think re alcohol. Do you think I should be having a gin and slimline tonic frequently or cutting it out completely? Same for coffee?! Xx
    Including alcohol and coffee regularly is generally recommended. I conceived my daughter with 1-2 cups of daily coffee and pretty frequent alcohol intake, though mine was primarily craft beer which may be a slight bit more boyish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your diet is TOO restrictive. You need more fat and more protein especially. Add cheese, nonfat yogurt, soy protein foods, legumes, and nuts. Also, wheat bread, wheat pasta, potatoes snd sweet potatoes are great for pink and the wheat products have a decent amount of protein. I think your headachs are due to not enough protein, and possibly low potassium. Remember it's not so much what foods you eat but the limits that matter. Are you getting at least 40g ptotein and 30g fat daily, on average? Especially when you're already slim, you can't afford to deprive yourself. Oh, and it's best to minimise butter as much as possible and to use rapeseed oil or margarine instead whenever possible.

I would drop the 4pm snack for sure, instead have a couple pieces of toast with your coffee in the am. That way you're only having 3 meals vs 4. Plus you'll need the extra cals if exercising

I would up FA to 800mcg minimum (or better yet switch to 1000-1200mcg folate) and drop the cal mag completely, as it sways blue if anything.

You should be exercising 60 minutes, minimum, uninterrupted, 6-7 days a week for best results.

Do not test your pH, it doesn't sway. I wouldn't bother with rephresh either.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 10th, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Your diet is TOO restrictive. You need more fat and more protein especially. Add cheese, nonfat yogurt, soy protein foods, legumes, and nuts. Also, wheat bread, wheat pasta, potatoes snd sweet potatoes are great for pink and the wheat products have a decent amount of protein. I think your headachs are due to not enough protein, and possibly low potassium. Remember it's not so much what foods you eat but the limits that matter. Are you getting at least 40g ptotein and 30g fat daily, on average? Especially when you're already slim, you can't afford to deprive yourself. Oh, and it's best to minimise butter as much as possible and to use rapeseed oil or margarine instead whenever possible.

I would drop the 4pm snack for sure, instead have a couple pieces of toast with your coffee in the am. That way you're only having 3 meals vs 4. Plus you'll need the extra cals if exercising

I would up FA to 800mcg minimum (or better yet switch to 1000-1200mcg folate) and drop the cal mag completely, as it sways blue if anything.

You should be exercising 60 minutes, minimum, uninterrupted, 6-7 days a week for best results.

Do not test your pH, it doesn't sway. I wouldn't bother with rephresh either.
    Thank you so much for your advice. I will drop the 4pm snack. But will probably up what I'm eating at other times so I survive

I thought legumes /potatoes /nuts /rapeseed oil swayed blue ? I'm using app myfitnesspal and seem to be within the limits or over them most days. Potassium is hard to know though as it isn't recorded anywhere. I am having the odd sweet potato though.

I'll up my exercise from tomorrow..

Do we up folic acid to sway pink or for birth defects? And what is folate, why is it better please?

Thank you
    2008 2014

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast