Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sydney gal 37, about to turn 38 next month, need to start IVF overseas asap, hubby 47

Hi everyone,

Yet another long time lurker, just recently becoming dream member, I am 37years and hubby 47years and we are from Sydney. We are wanting the next to be a boy (but would not want to destroy any chg tested girl embryos as I would transfer later) I have spent quite a while going over everyones posts which has really helped so much. Decided to bite the bullet and post an intro!!

My hubby and I have a 2 year old gorgeous girl which took 3 ivf cycles to get at a Sydney clinic. It is impossible for us to get pregnant as hubby has no vas deferens (basically no semen in ejaculate) so PESA was performed and we now have hubbys sperm frozen and ready to go. I have also have lower amh to contend with! It was such a rollercoaster to get my daughter I have just realised I need to get moving now.

I recently had all my pretesting done, so confusing so I may post deets later hopefully to get some help from you guys, who seem so informed on this issue! to get a better understanding of where I am at fertility wise.

Also really interested in embryo batching, so I could bank all my embryo for future cycles whilst I am 37/38 before I (hopefully) get pregnant with the next one, rather than getting pregnant and then doing IVF again with 40 year old eggs. this is the logical option so I think it is quite unfair to older women in my situation with low AMH, hubby major issues also, that in Australia this is seen as embryo hoarding.

After much consideration with hubby, we cannot afford to go to US or Thailand (I found SART Thailand to be quite abrupt on the phonecalls at times) we will likely be going to Czech Republic, as I would like to hopefully start next cycle, in about 2 weeks, I would like to get as much info about the various clinics so I can make the decision on which clinic. Could someone please let me know who is Clinic R and C, is there a Clinic Z if I remember correctly etc pretty please I would so appreciate it, thanks and goodluck to all on their gd journeys

xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Peps, welcome. Good luck on your journey. As a fellow Aussie I'll watch with interest.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

3. Likes Peps liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Peps, welcome, Im also in Sydney. I don't really have any advice on the Czech clinics. I looked into Thailand as well, but a bit nervous about the political climate around IVF for foreigners, especially after what's happened in Cambodia recently. I'm just going to bite the bullet and head to the states when the time comes. I think Greece is also an option, but not sure of their success rates. Good luck with whatever you decide x
    2014 2016

5. Thanks Peps thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi BrightSky, thankyou so much for taking the time to reply, and for your advice in relation to which clinic to go to, such an important decision to make. I totally agree with your thoughts on Thailand. We wanted to have hubbys frozen sperm transported their but it is now illegal to do so, not really a very welcoming stance from the government. With the US, the costs are just so high for no guarantees, and in my opinion there are clinics outside the US that are just as good where the pricing is more reasonable. Greece is a country that I have considered although the costs appear to be higher than countries such as Czech Republic so the question for me is whether the success rates for my age would justify that. I think it is definitely an area where the more research you do the better your options will be. Good luck to you too and I am sending baby dust your way x
    Last edited by Peps; December 14th, 2016 at 09:01 AM.