Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New to the group swaying pink

Good afternoon everyone!!! I am new to this group. I just wanted to start off my introducing myself. I am 27 years old and have been blessed with two amazing sons ages 9 and 6. My dh and I share our two boys and he also has 3 boys and 1 girl from a past relationship,so I know he's pretty fertile. Lol I,on the other hand haven't had much luck. I was diagnosed with crohns disease in the middle of my first pregnancy. My oldest was born premature but as healthy as can be. We tried for our girl the second time around a couple of years later when chrons was in remission but sadly ended in a m/c. I was able to get pregnant again within a couple of months and my DS is now 6 almost 7. In 2012 I was pregnant again hoping for our girl. Sadly I lost my baby at 9 weeks. My crohns was pretty bad and the doctors had me on different medications. I've been through a lot with my illness. In 2013 I had surgery to remove the ileum. My doctor assured me I shouldn't have any issues conceiving. But now 4 years later I haven't had any luck. I am as healthy as can be now and have been in remission since but no such luck at getting pregnant at all. I have heard of success stories with vitex and am currently waiting for my order. I am looking for any advice on how I can conceive and to have my baby girl at that. Sorry for the long rant. Thanks in advance.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricuaprincess89 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone!!! I am new to this group. I just wanted to start off my introducing myself. I am 27 years old and have been blessed with two amazing sons ages 9 and 6. My dh and I share our two boys and he also has 3 boys and 1 girl from a past relationship,so I know he's pretty fertile. Lol I,on the other hand haven't had much luck. I was diagnosed with crohns disease in the middle of my first pregnancy. My oldest was born premature but as healthy as can be. We tried for our girl the second time around a couple of years later when chrons was in remission but sadly ended in a m/c. I was able to get pregnant again within a couple of months and my DS is now 6 almost 7. In 2012 I was pregnant again hoping for our girl. Sadly I lost my baby at 9 weeks. My crohns was pretty bad and the doctors had me on different medications. I've been through a lot with my illness. In 2013 I had surgery to remove the ileum. My doctor assured me I shouldn't have any issues conceiving. But now 4 years later I haven't had any luck. I am as healthy as can be now and have been in remission since but no such luck at getting pregnant at all. I have heard of success stories with vitex and am currently waiting for my order. I am looking for any advice on how I can conceive and to have my baby girl at that. Sorry for the long rant. Thanks in advance.

Hi I have 3 girls not sure if I can help or not I also have chrons I have had a right hemicolectomy. I have been symptom free for 15 years now and not on medication. Being vegan helped my chrons lots you may want to read into this. I am not trying to conceive a girl so I have gone back to eating meat. My first daughter was a surprise she is now 12 but I had a low calorie diet I was young 18 so drank a fair amount of alcohol only on the weekend.
    My DP also was a big drinker and smoker and has been throughout all my conceptions. He is now cutting this out. Second daughter was conceived while I was doing tons of cardio low calorie intake and just come off loestrin. My youngest I was TTC 7 months failedboy sway but I didn't do it properly. Track ovulation but I BD leading up to O didn't read into it properly. My diet was average have a sweet tooth so plenty of chocolate and sweets and tea with milk.

I have read high levels of folate (folic acid) reduces miscarriage but not sure how accurate that it.

Not sure if any of that helps but I have 3 girls. Sending you pink dust. Good duck

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!!

I really, really would advise against vitex. Vitex only helps people with PCOS get pregnant (and since a lot of people have PCOS without really realizing it, it has a mystical reputation as a "fertility aid") but anyone who is not getting pregnant for other reasons, which I suspect that you are, it only will make matters worse. It used to be used as birth control in the middle ages and it really cuts odds of conception.

Can you tell me more about what you guys are trying in terms of conceiving?

Your husband actually can develop problems over time and it is entirely possible for a man to have fathered children, even many children, and then develop male-factor issues.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome!!!

I really, really would advise against vitex. Vitex only helps people with PCOS get pregnant (and since a lot of people have PCOS without really realizing it, it has a mystical reputation as a "fertility aid") but anyone who is not getting pregnant for other reasons, which I suspect that you are, it only will make matters worse. It used to be used as birth control in the middle ages and it really cuts odds of conception.

Can you tell me more about what you guys are trying in terms of conceiving?

Your husband actually can develop problems over time and it is entirely possible for a man to have fathered children, even many children, and then develop male-factor issues.
    Hi everyone thank you for your advice. To answer your question,we are not doing anything special. I've tried doing the girly diets and positions with no such luck and kind of gave up. I figured"it would just happen." I have been consulting with my dr and actually have an appointment coming up towards the end of the month. I haven't been officially diagnosed but dr thinks I may have endometriosis. Heavy periods,horrible cramping,etc. She did mention clomid. But I've heard contradicting views. I know my last m/c my dr stated I had low progesterone levels. Could this be why I'm not conceiving at all?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Boricuaprincess89; February 2nd, 2017 at 04:50 PM.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's normal for progesterone to be low when you're going through a miscarriage. Your body naturally lowers prog to end the pregnancy. It doesn't tell you anything about what might happen in a future pregnancy.

I think it's a good idea at this time to rule out endo and blocked tubes. You may want to have hubby have a sperm analysis as problems can develop over time.

Clomid is great if you can get it. What are your concerns??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ