Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey ~ Reactivated old member here :)

Hello everyone. My name is Rebecca, I'm married and have 9 children with my husband.... YES 9 :O!! We live in Australia in a small farming town. Out of those 9 we have 6 boys and 3 girls. We are TTC our final child and are hoping for a girl, but don't mind either way. I know there a loads of Mamas trying to have just one pink bundle, so I hope I don't come across as greedy

So, back in 2007/2008 I was around when all the hype regarding gender selection started online. BOY... have things changed and gotten technical lol. I'm lost. I've spent a few days browsing around the forums. I've gotta tell you though I'm very confused. I see a lot of conflicting advice. (Maybe some old posts mixed up with latest research?) Back in the day we were told to BD frequently through ovulation for a Girl. Is this still so? I did this for my first daughter, but maybe it was just luck that I got her that way? I also used replens back then. This time around I'm thinking about using rephresh. Is this recommended still? Whats some basic guild lines for trying for a girl?

Nice to meet you all. Please say hey

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey ~ Reactivated old member here :)

What an amazing family you have! Things have changed a bit from when the site got up and running. Here is the breakdown for a pink sway that seems to be getting the best results most of the time:

LE diet 12 weeks 50-60g protein, 40-50g fat, vegetarian if you can manage it, no red meat, and vegetable sources for fat. Coffee and alcohol (any type) have also been getting great results. Alcohol is usually taken from AF-O to be safe. Fiber helps if you have some weight to lose or are not breastfeeding. It's taken before fatty/high nutrient meals or twice a day. Any fiber is fine as long as it doesn't have any additional vitamins in it.

Exercise. Cardio only 60min (minimum of 50min) 5-7 days a week. Any less seems to sway blue UNLESS you have PCOS then any amount you can do above 3 days a week seems to work.

BD once in your fertile window via at first positive opk OR BD every 4 days from the end of AF until the latest you've ever ovulated or have had three high temps above your cover line to confirm O has happened (if you chart- not necessary if you don't want to).

Most don't use jellies, lubes, rephresh/replens anymore as they prevent conception and have not been getting good results. That being said, if you need something to make BDing more comfortable, use a small amount of a sperm friendly lube has helped and doesn't sway one way or another.

Clomid or Femara if you can get it. If not, no worries!

That's about it! Don't hesitate to ask more questions! We are all here to help!

FX and GL to you!!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink
    Last edited by XXforhubby; March 15th, 2017 at 09:36 AM.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for such a kind words and basic instructions. Did you have a sway yourself? If so where can I find it? Also whats your thoughts on pre seed. My husband and I are getting up there ( I just turned 39 a few days ago, and hubby is 47) and we need all the help we can get. I'm trying to fall pregnant and deliver before i'm 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did sway pink this time and last time too that brought our sweet DS3. You can find both of my sways under the TTC girl forum in the Add Your Girl Sway section. Just search by my username.

You can use preseed if you need it, but I wouldn't use an applicatorful. I would only put a little on your DH to make BDing more comfortable. I hope you get your BFP soon!!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Mummtog I'm from Australia too welcome back and best of luck for your girl sway.
    I used jellies (acijel and rephresh) in my last girl sway which resulted in ds2 so not sure if I will use them this time. I will see as my time to ttc gets closer.
    Everything xx said is what I'll be doing minus the clomid cos it's so hard to get!
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies for the warm welcome.

I have a question about BD frequency... Whats the science behind every 4 days for swaying girl?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe it's just an easy way to only have one attempt in your fertile period as you are only usually fertile for 4 days each month. I think it is also a way to not have to use opks and stress about when you are ping. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol I meant ovulating not 'ping' text predictor haha!
    2014 2016
    Dreaming of a in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome back! Cool family!

i actually just did a post on the reasons not to do frequent BD thru O.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...nk-lately.html

We track our results and change our approach accordingly. But some people don't want to change things, they want to sway in a certain way and it's their life, their choice, so I leave up the old-school info for anyone who wants to use it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummatog View Post
    Thank you ladies for the warm welcome.

I have a question about BD frequency... Whats the science behind every 4 days for swaying girl?
    It's an effortless way of having one attempt in the fertile window for people who have crazy long cycles or who OPK don't work for or are in more of a hurry to get pregnant and then don't want to mess around with having one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast