Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ttc twins

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy2017 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new to this and the first time I've joined an online chat group ever! I'm a 40yr old woman with 3 children daughters 9, 7 and son 4. I am ttc twin boys as this will be my last pregnancy. I have never had any problems conceiving. I am on folic acid, fish oil supplements and iron. Please can anyone help me out I've done tones of research in to Clomid, soy isofllavones, cassava etc. I don't know which road to go down and which is best for me. Had anyone tried soy to conceive twin boys? Thanks in Advance and I hope and pray you all get blessed with your dreams.xxx
    Hi and welcome, Katy! I think twin boys are the cutest (I would have loved twin boys too!)

Clomid is best. The thing is, we get good results for pink with Clomid but that is with a lot of OTHER pink sway tactics. Just Clomid alone is barely pink friendly, in studies it showed only about 3% more girls conceived and I believe if you did a blue sway otherwise, you'd up your odds of both twins and boys.

I am not a huge fan of soy as I don't think it works. If there's any way to get Clomid (and you can buy it over the counter in Spain if you ever go there on holiday) I would do Clomid plus eat an HE Diet and some other easy tricks we have to up odds of conceiving boys.

Why are you not on multivitamins?? I would have you on a good multivitamin like Women's One A Day (the orange kind) and then drop the extra iron (unless you need it for anemia). We've had great results with multivitamins for boys. I got my last two boys taking that Women's One a Day, and one was actually twins but unfortunately only one made it.

I'd also have you on 2000 mcg of folic acid or folate as that may help both twins to survive.

How much fish oil?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks Hopefullmummy thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow over the counter at Spain?? I have a friend who was a surrogate for a couple in Spain and they'll be visiting in a couple weeks hehe

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23cbe8
    (07) (08) (09) (14) (15) and praying for a to finish off our family

My Ovulation Chart

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks everyone for replying,

I'll be posting more info soon
    Last edited by Katy2017; May 16th, 2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Ordering

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the reply I will be ordering soon
    Last edited by Katy2017; May 16th, 2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Ordering soon

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy2017 View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks everyone for replying. I hope you all get this message as I'm still not sure how to respond. I little bit about me and my family.
    So my mums mum had 2 sets of fraternal twins and there's no other twins anywhere in dads or my husbands family. I'm 5ft 1, 40 yrs old and slowly increasing my weight which is currently 9stones 9lbs. I have started taking pregnacare and extra folic acid 2000mg, fish oils caps high strength 1 a day and I'm taking cassavoum (cassava tabs) 800mg a day. I'm also adding vitamin b complex and vitamin d. My pregnancies are always 42wkks + I don't know these babies just don't want to come out I have to be induced, waters broken and end up with forceps too. I have no problem getting pregnant and my periods are like clockwork. I don't smoke or drink and neither does hubby. I would love to have twin boys fraternal or identical but if after trying only get 1 Boy i will be happy as I've mentally prepared myself for that outcome too. I would love some advice. I hope and pray all you lovely sisters get what you want. God bless.xx
    Please add if you have any advice.
    Thanks, have a nice day
    Yes, I got it!

Good news is that if it's on your mom's side it may have some effect!

Please don't increase your weight for this. It may mess with your egg quality to do that. STay steady where you are.

I am not a fan of Pregnacare. The megadoses in it may mess with your cycle, delaying or even stopping O and making your LP shorter. I'd have you switch to something like Centrum or Women's One a Day that only has 100% of most nutrients. (don't switch suddenly, take them every other day, then every 2,3, etc till taking the Pregnacare once a week

Do NOT NOT NOT add a B complex onto that!! You'd be taking a massive dose of B vitamins which not only can mess up your cycle but can actually cause you neurological damage! More is not better!

If you are taking Women's One a Day (the orange one) that already has 1000 IU Vit. D. If you continue wiht Pregnacare that has 600 IU. YOu only need 1000 IU max (unless under a doctor's advice) so I would not add in Vit. D more than 1000 IU.

Cassava and soy iso at your discretion. To use the soy, you would take TWO of those (so this would be total of 110 mg) from CD 3-7 and then stop taking them. Do not continue on with them after that point, they'll actually stop your ovulating.

I really, really, really think if you want to take the soy, it's even more imperative to lose those high doses of B vitamins They can actually interfere with the way the soy works.

No more than 1c green tea a day and more like 2-3 times a week is better (in the month you are going to use the soy iso) Green tea may interfere with the way soy iso works.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and thank you for replying!
    I will take on board all the advice and implement this, thank you.
    Please advise which company/brand is the womans 1 a day from? I will switch like you mentioned from pregnacare to them. And which centrum as there are afew of them eg. 40+ etc.
    I have been reaserching ttc twin boys for weeks and weeks I know soy is good for blue sway but Clomid is better for twins- although could be useful in blue sway with the he diet.. Please advise- which route would be better for me. Some women have taken Clomid days 3-7 and soy 5-9 I must say I never heard taking them like that so that's I new one for me!

I have been searching high and low for Clomid and where to purchase this from as I'm from the uk I can't buy it over the counter. I think Clomid with the blue sway could hopefully work. Do you know any reputable companies in US or Canada that I can order? Some women take the Clomid then have the hcg trigger shot. Would I need that as I ovulate on my own? Im also researching natural ways to increase my uterus lining as Clomid thins it, although I've never had issues with this- maybe just as a precaution? And would I need progesterone cream?
    Last thing should I stick with 2000mg folic acid a day?

I cannot stress how grateful I am for you advice, look forward to hearing from you.xxx
    Love and hugs to all you sistas. Baby dust to all!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's just called One a Day - if you google "women's one a day" it will bring up tons of hits for you.

I want you to find whatever vitamin that has only about 100% of all the nutrients and then possibly up to 1000IU Vit. D.

I actually don't think soy is good for a blue sway necessarily. There is evidence pointing both directions and honesty the evidence that it sways pink is more convincing to me. But people have gotten boys taking it so it's no magic bullet regardless.

Taking both Clomid and soy is NUTS and I really think that's a dreadful idea. I don't know why anyone would be taking soy any differently, you use twice as many mg as Clomid but take them on the same days. That's how everyone I've ever heard of used them.

I don't recommend ordering medication online. You can get it over the counter in Spain, that's all I know. I do not recommend HCG shot, you don't need that. I know of only one person who got a thin lining on Clomid right away. Most people take 4-6 months to get a thin lining on Clomid. I would not worry about this especially since you're eating a boy-friendly diet and supplements which will help you grow a nice lining. Please do not take a bunch of stuff to "make a good lining" as that stuff doesn't work and also messes with your ability to get and stay pregnant sometimes. No, you do not need progesterone cream and should stay well away from it. If you have some reason to believe your prog. is low, Clomid actually can help with that.

Yes, please stick with the higher dose of FA all thru first tri of pregnancy and then gradually wean back to the amount in prenatal. DO NOT just stop taking the FA cold turkey, you MUST wean off of it, and do not take it into the 3rd trimester, you need to be off the extra by then. As soon as first trimester is over you need to wean off it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123